X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cbj Where?

Originally posted by InnerSpace View Post
    Let's not turn this thread into another Pooh Hating thread, please? Mission to Mars was, in my opinion, a classic attraction, but everyone seems to love Pizza Port. So, it's unfair and stupid to hate Pooh just because the Bears were taken out. Heck, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was a classic attraction in Walt Disney World, but everyone loves the Pooh ride that replaced it. So, again, your reasons for not liking our Pooh attraction are lame.

Mission to Mars was out of date. A few AA scientists and then watching a movie. No real Disney "wow" factor. Plus M2M was removed before Pizza Port was installed. I believe it was some other eatery before TL 98.

And as for MK, many people howled in anger at the removal of Mr. Toad and would prefer it back.

Now CBJ was far more Disney and amazing of an attraction. Many intricate AAs, well written show, and fun music (this coming from a hater of country). Disney found that the show was popular enough to even make a movie based on the attraction.

As for the Pooh attraction, I don't mind the ride itself. Only the Humphalump and Woozle section angers me because it should be the climax of the ride and has room for being amazing, yet this section is the weakest with very few things to look at, non moving figures, and horrid abuse of funhouse technology (the color changing cut-outs and mirrors).
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Of course ... it could always go in the Golden Dreams Theater. It would draw better than the attraction it replaces and no one is going to complain about GD being gone. Plus it would keep up the DCA tradition of doing it on the cheap.
      IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by Uzmati View Post
        ...the WORST darkride in the two parks, maybe the worst darkride in ANY Disney park.
        Shhhh... those kind of wild accusations are just the kind of thing that might reawaken the sleeping beast known as Superstar Limo! :ceek:

Comment

Originally posted by AKComic View Post
          Shhhh... those kind of wild accusations are just the kind of thing that might reawaken the sleeping beast known as Superstar Limo! :ceek:
          :lmao:
          IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

PS. the WDW version blows.
            At least we still have ours.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
              To add salt to the wound, WDW's Pooh is better than TDR's is too.
              Though you don't have a Mr. Toad's anymore...well , at least I get to feel better about something
              IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

I thought it would be a given that the DCA area would get the Country Bears. But not so much

Comment

Put it back where it was! What replaced it is a pile of pooh.

"Think of a wonderful thought!"

"Any happy little thought?"

Freedom is a word I rarely use without thinking.

Comment

I'd like to see it in DCA near Grizzly Peak, with a restraunt thrown in there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      Ouch! Painful, but true. I think leaving certain attractions at WDW, like the carousel theater, CBJ, etc., and removing them from Disneyland is planned, forcing die-hard disney park fanatics (like me) to travel to the other coast to catch their favorite ride. I have read many laments regarding the removal of Mr. Toad at WDW. Well then, just hop on a jet and come out to "Walt's Park" and enjoy your trip on a motorcar!

As far as bringing back CBJ to California, I agree that DCA would benefit greatly from the ride! Hope it happens someday.

Comment

I'll take it anywhere- as long as it comes back!!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't want any trace of that piece of
                          crap pooh ride. Country Bears rightfully
                          belong in that building, with an improved
                          entry area. Let's give the Country Bears
                          a new patriotic show.
                          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                            I don't want any trace of that piece of
                            crap pooh ride. Country Bears rightfully
                            belong in that building, with an improved
                            entry area. Let's give the Country Bears
                            a new patriotic show.
                            We should have the Patriotic Bear Jamboree!
                            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by musiken View Post
                              As far as bringing back CBJ to California, I agree that DCA would benefit greatly from the ride! Hope it happens someday.
                              I wouldn't really call CBJ a "ride." However, that does get me to thinking something. What do you guys think of a CBJ dark ride? I haven't really put much thought into it so it could be a horrid idea, but I thought I'd just throw the idea out there.

...Joe...

Comment

Whatever they do, they can't just bring back the old show as it was, that would be pointless. If they freshened it up a lot, used the movie soundtrack artists to redo the attraction, and did it in conjunction with a movie sequel, then they might have something there.

As it is, with the less than spectacular results of the CBJ Movie I don't think there's any real financial advantage to be found spending several $Million$ in bringing back 'Da Bears' live show to DL - how many people are going to make a "Must Go Trip" to DL just to see that?

It would fit in DCA over behind Grizzly River with some alterations to the ride building 'Mountain', though they might have to close the ride for the winter and do some major work to hollow out a theater space "cave" partially underground under the mountain - you'd enter at the Nature Trail. due east of the Load/Unload carousel for GRR, you'd walk in under the main raft lift.

If they wanted to do it at DL I would not just rip out Pooh and put the Bears back in the old space unchanged - The hot ticket would be to build a new show building just north of the Splash Mountain building. But do it in a semi-circle with small stages all around you. Go vertical - make Mezzanine and Balcony seating sections, and if the crowds are light don't use them.

If they built one big theatre it would work better - rather than the two theatre cheat they used at DL of leaving the Christmas Show setup year round in the second room. Waste of space and AA's.

--<< Bruce >>--
                                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
                                  It would fit in DCA over behind Grizzly River with some alterations to the ride building 'Mountain',
                                  I'm not really all for them putting it over at DCA, but if they ever did they could always do something based off of what you just said. They could always incorporate the bears into Grizzly River Run instead of building the actual show. That way the ride would have some type of "theme" to it. The cave could actually have the bears inside doing some sort of show, and there could be a bunch of them right before you take the big drop at the end.

Granted it would take some major reconstruction of the ride, but it could work if Disney was willing to actually do some THINKING.

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
                                    I'm not really all for them putting it over at DCA, but if they ever did they could always do something based off of what you just said. They could always incorporate the bears into Grizzly River Run instead of building the actual show. That way the ride would have some type of "theme" to it. The cave could actually have the bears inside doing some sort of show, and there could be a bunch of them right before you take the big drop at the end.

Granted it would take some major reconstruction of the ride, but it could work if Disney was willing to actually do some THINKING.

...Joe...
                                    The problem with adding them to GRR is that the ride is so fast and whirly it would be a waste. There is also only room for one or two AA's at best in the caves, and even that is shaky because the ledge might be there for evacuation purposes or something.

I would just prefer simple AAs (a growling bear/wolf or cowboys or whatever). Something to see but doesn't require you too get a good look at and appreciate it.
                                    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X