X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinner at Club 33 - HOW?

Originally posted by claribella View Post
    I did a search and couldn't find the answer but granted I'm at work so I can't do a thorough fine tooth comb search but ah well.

How does one get a dinner at Club 33? You can't make reservations like at the Blue Bayou?
    There are various organizations that put up a dinner reservation for Club 33 for auction as a charitable donation.

Now, I don't know whether you're paying for just the privilege of getting in the door, or whether you're paying for the whole dinner (AND entrance to the park).

Here's one, bidding already closed:
    http://www.csudh.edu/athletics/media...3%20auction%22

Here's another, third from bottom of page 2, price of food not included:
    http://www.csupomona.edu/~athletic/i...3%20auction%22

A third one, minimum $1000 for 4:
    http://web.whittier.edu/broadoaks/auction/auction.htm

And, yes, this has already been discussed here. The first google-monkey is free.
    Last edited by sediment; 09-11-2006, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Funny Story- Imagine being in line for Blue Bayou and seeing a family frantically asking questions about how to get into the club. How they found out I'll never know!
      Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
      "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
      -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
      -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by sediment View Post
        There are various organizations that put up a dinner reservation for Club 33 for auction as a charitable donation.

Now, I don't know whether you're paying for just the privilege of getting in the door, or whether you're paying for the whole dinner (AND entrance to the park).

Here's one, bidding already closed:
        http://www.csudh.edu/athletics/media...3%20auction%22

Here's another, third from bottom of page 2, price of food not included:
        http://www.csupomona.edu/~athletic/i...3%20auction%22

And, yes, this has already been discussed here. The first google-monkey is free.
        I didn't look at both, but I noticed from the second one that it's a "live auction" -- you have to be there or be registered with them. It's not available for bidding from the general public.

Comment

I've been on the waiting list for five years now...

But you can bet that when I do "get the call", there will be plenty of invites offered to MC'ers!

And no more "stuffiness", either. If you want an invite, all you'd have to do is ask.

So hurry up and get me the papers! I'm (more than) willing and able! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by KDR View Post
            I didn't look at both, but I noticed from the second one that it's a "live auction" -- you have to be there or be registered with them. It's not available for bidding from the general public.
            And they have passed.
            Check eBay. In the past there have been club members donating the auction proceeds to charity. Some are not as civic-minded as they claim to be, though. Or so that was the story.

Points I was trying to make:
            1. They're available, even if you don't know a member;
            2. They cost a lot of money. (Too much for me.)

Comment

I'm just a little over three years from my 60th birthday. One thing I would really like to do is celebrate that milestone at Club 33. I'd better get busy!
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
              -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

my husband and i both turned 35 this year, and its our goal to somehow find a way to have dinner there in 2011 for our 40th birthdays...it may happen, it may not...but we'll keep tryin!
                Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                Originally posted by pratt55
                Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  I find it mildley comical that you had to pay for your coke when you worked for them.
                  Good point! However, when I went with the Coca-Cola group, Coke definitely paid for it. (My brother-in-law works for them).

...And that evening I actually had a strawberry daquiri...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                    I'm just a little over three years from my 60th birthday. One thing I would really like to do is celebrate that milestone at Club 33. I'd better get busy!
                    Get busy befriending a club member?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
                      Tom, You deserve to go, I do not feel worthy ,but my friend you are . my prayer is that you and your wife can go and have a fabulous time!!

Comment

I've heard that Club members are wonderful, intelligent, generous and extremely good-looking people. It would be a deep honor to meet any of them. And to actually have dinner with one? Why it would be a dream come true!

*ahem* Was that too obvious?
                        Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                        Words hurt.

Comment

^ teehee
                          -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Comment

I searched eBay about a year ago looking for Club 33 reservations. I had been trying for something to surprise my son for his 18th birthday. I found someone auctioning off dinner there for a charitable contribution. I sent them email asking about it before I bid (I didn't bid) and was told Disney approved the auction, and that 25% went to the charity (they would pocket 75%!!! I would later ask Club 33 and they said they required 100% to go to the approved charity.) This person later emailed me and offered me a reservation if I would pay her $400 per person JUST for the reservation. I turned this down. I couldn't believe the gall.
                            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Late last year, Disney got serious about pulling memberships when reservations showed up on eBay. You won't find them there anymore. And I'm sure that what happened to Malcon10t is at least part of the reason.

Personally, I'm surprised that someone would try to pull something like that. Only 25% to the charity? Why would someone keep the rest? That falls under the Club rules of not taking compensation for making a reservation. The price doesn't really surprise me. I've heard of people bidding over $1000 per person at charity auctions for reservations at the Club.

Now if the price of food was included, I could understand if all the money went to the charity but not all of it was a tax deduction. That's because this is how the law works -- you can't get a deduction for the value of the goods and/or services you receive. So if dinner is included, the charity cannot legally consider the portion of the funds that go to actually pay for each dinner to be a donation. But even so, at the most you're pretty much looking at about ninety bucks a person when you include a beverage, tax, and gratuities.

But, obviously, that's not what was going on in that instance. What that person was doing was just plain wrong.
                              Last edited by KDR; 09-12-2006, 08:48 AM.

Comment

How much does membership cost??
                                Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                                "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                                -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                                -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                                  How much does membership cost??
                                  For the lowest membership, and if my old memory is working right (I have it at work so might be off a little) it is $7500 initiation fee and $2500 a year for an individual membership. There are also limited corp memberships and full corporate memberships.
                                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

^ that's the most recent figure i've heard as well
                                    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Elly is adorkable.

Comment

One of the main reasons for my November trip is because a business associate of my brother found out what Disneyland "fanatics" we are and is arranging for us to eat at Club 33...through his corporate membership. It is a DREAM come true, no matter what the cost for the meal and beverages!! At age 62, and having been going to DL since a month after it's opening, it is something I did not ever think would be possible. But...when you wish upon a star!!!!
                                      Sharon
                                      Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey View Post
                                        I've been on the waiting list for five years now...

But you can bet that when I do "get the call", there will be plenty of invites offered to MC'ers!

And no more "stuffiness", either. If you want an invite, all you'd have to do is ask.

So hurry up and get me the papers! I'm (more than) willing and able! LOL
                                        Cool you can setup a waiting list for when you get off the waiting list. Please put me down for two April 1, 2014. Thanks!
                                        "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by elly View Post
                                          ^ that's the most recent figure i've heard as well
                                          Pretty old info, actually. Here's the current rundown from another multipage thread on this subject from just last month:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=20

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X