This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matterhorn Music

I just thought this would be an interesting topic.

Do you think the Matterhorn would be better with a soundtrack?

I don't, I really like how there are echos through the caverns, it gives it that icy-cold seldom feel. But thats just my opinion, there is probably at least a few people that would like a little chnge in the Matterhorn.

Re: Matterhorn Music

*imagines abominable snowman yodeling*

Comment

I think it'd be a great addition.

Ha, nice avatar lady. LONG LIVE CAPT EO!!!!

Comment

Yes, one of the many changes I would love to see done to this ride. I also would love to see a longer approach achieved by building a que building where the MBC area is, having the sleds travel through the thick alpine forest, under a wooden bridge (pedestrian walkway) and up to the base of the mighty mountain.

This would enable Disney to make the ride more Fantasyland-like, build in a story, and open up those walkways around matterhorn.
        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

they cant do it because of the seating..
          "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

YES! i would love to hear a cool soundtrack...but it has to be something that fits the ride....it has to be something that sounds like "ooH! theres a yetti here in this icy-cold matterhorn" no what i mean?

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
            For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

I believe I posted a topic about this a while back...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...=pianomanbluez

There ya go, it was a while back so I wouldnt have expected you to see it anyway

Comment

wow, I'm actually surprised that so far everyone would like it to have a soundtrack.

Comment

How about some Vanilla Ice...'Ice Ice Baby'

Comment

That's a great idea. It would add so much more. Maybe not a soundtrack that rides with you just something that would play in specific locations through out the attraction. Something unsettling as your traveling up the hill and down the dark tunnel before the eyes. The something dramatic that plays through the rest of the attraction. Fast and exerating. Add more drama to the Yeti and his chase to EAT you!

Comment

Originally posted by gOLDEN bLUE View Post
                      I just thought this would be an interesting topic.

Do you think the Matterhorn would be better with a soundtrack?

I don't, I really like how there are echos through the caverns, it gives it that icy-cold seldom feel. But thats just my opinion, there is probably at least a few people that would like a little chnge in the Matterhorn.
                      Years ago in the 'line area' there was a little Swiss Yodler yodling....and that was quite atmospheric..........but in the bobsleds, I don't know how that would work - maybe the yodler in there too......

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        How about some Vanilla Ice...'Ice Ice Baby'
                        :lol: I actually did laugh out loud.
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I thought they still have the music going when you wait in line?????

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                          MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

I would much prefer the Matterhorn without music during the ride. The cute Swiss polka and yodeling music they had in the queue was enough for me. One of the reasons I always got so scared (and loved every minute of it) as a little kid on the Matterhorn was because I thought it was the most real of all the other attractions. It took me years to figure out why I thought the Matterhorn ride was that real when I rode it, but it came to me eventually: there wasn't any music in it. I came to appreciate the ride much more because of that.

So if some sort of "adventurous" music is piped through the caverns of the Matterhorn, it would be completely spoiling that old Disney magic, for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by ~xxBooxx~ View Post
                              I thought they still have the music going when you wait in line?????
                              They do. As far as I know they have different tracks for the different sides. I believe the tomorrowland side has a yodeling type music and the fantasyland has a more polka type.
                              I could be totally wrong...but this is what i remember.

Comment

I concur with The Dark Lady, Matterhorn doesn't need music on the ride. SM works because its dark and you can't really see. The Yodeling and polka are great for the little chalet. I've seen footage where they've had a swiss guy blowing one of those great big horns (don't know what they are called) on the side of the mountain. That's good enough ride music for me.

Comment

Also, the ride makes so much noise, and is outside....it would have to be loud.....right?
                                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by frecky View Post
                                    Also, the ride makes so much noise, and is outside....it would have to be loud.....right?
                                    WAY WAY loud. If they did the yodling thing like I suggested, they'd have to have a screaming YODLER. That would be hysterical! Can you imagine??

Comment

I like the sounds of the winds whipping about the caves in the Mountain. Leave that be for the soundtrack. If the ride is supposed to simulate a bobsled ride down the Matterhorn, there would be no 5.1 Surround Sound Dolby Logic soundtrack. Its a bobsled ride, not a cruise down I-5.

Comment

Haven't they themed enough rides? Leave it alone!!!!!! The Matterhorn is the only one of it's kind in the world and it needs to be left untouched (other than safety improvements for those sleds!).
                                        Foolish Mortal
                                        sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X