X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's beginning to look like Halloween/Fall around the parks

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    I'm glad you noticed the bugs - the ladybugs are the largest, but there's also winged corn buggy thingies, and some dark ants or cockroaches or something. Kind of strange, but since that particular pavilion was on the border of "Bugs Land", it seemed to fit. Besides, you're a cricket!
    I am a FAN of a cricket! And Jiminy is wearing clothes! As to the bugs, I have never used them in my Halloween decorations...

Seriously, I think that giant bugs are not kid friendly! I understand that it is on the boarder of bug's land, but I would not be excited about six-shooters used as Fall decorations in Frontierland, even if they fit the theme!

There is such a thing as good taste. The ladybugs are kinda cute, but the giant ants are over the top! It reminds me of a cheap Japanese horror film! Kids don't separate fantasy from reality that well. Giant bugs are nightmare material not Disneyland decorations! But this is DCA. I just they don't get the nice stuff... They get the big black bugs crawling over everything!

Comment

I don't know, I think the bugs are pretty cute! :blush:

Comment

Sigh.
        Halloween.
        I love it.
        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by lisaboo View Post
          I don't know, I think the bugs are pretty cute! :blush:
          I thought it was pretty clever since it was by the "Bug's Life" stuff but I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
            A few photos of the new fall decorations in Disneyland and California Adventure - with much more to come (decor and photos) -- enjoy!
            I couldn't access the photos, but my wife and I were there on Sunday Night and they are beginning to 're-dress' windows in Downtown Disney as well. There were two big BIG windows in Dept.56 that were 'empty' so I imagine some Halloween stuff is going there.

Not a huge Halloween fan - the idea of dressing up is fun and all, but I LOVE they time of year. Fantastic - cool breezes at night....crunching leaves under your feet as you walk with one you love or friends.....good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
              Not a huge Halloween fan - the idea of dressing up is fun and all, but I LOVE they time of year. Fantastic - cool breezes at night....crunching leaves under your feet as you walk with one you love or friends.....good stuff.
              There really is something about the fall that gets me excited. I love the summer but the change is always exciting and you know the holidays are right around the corner.

How is the fall weather in CA? Does it get really cool at night? Do the trees still lose their leaves?

Comment

i love the fall colors. the rusts and deep reds and oranges and yellows. it's the only time of the year i wish i lived up north because florida doesnt have color changes.

Comment

Originally posted by LlamaLover View Post
                  There really is something about the fall that gets me excited. I love the summer but the change is always exciting and you know the holidays are right around the corner.

How is the fall weather in CA? Does it get really cool at night? Do the trees still lose their leaves?
                  Nah, they evaporate with the smog. HAHAAH. No, we lose the leaves...my backyard at my condo surely will attest to that! SHEESH!

I love each season, really. I like the idea of going around in shorts and flip flops and a tank top or shirtless in the heat of the summer and then I love bundling up as it turns to fall and winter...and then breaking out the shorts and stuff for spring and summer.

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                    Fall always brings out the most beautiful colors in the trees and the Halloween decor. Love this time of year.
                    Huh? The trees in the photos were still green!

Comment

Originally posted by fkurucz View Post
                      Huh? The trees in the photos were still green!
                      ha ha - palm trees usually don't turn color in the fall
                      sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                        Nah, they evaporate with the smog. HAHAAH. No, we lose the leaves...my backyard at my condo surely will attest to that! SHEESH!

I love each season, really. I like the idea of going around in shorts and flip flops and a tank top or shirtless in the heat of the summer and then I love bundling up as it turns to fall and winter...and then breaking out the shorts and stuff for spring and summer.
                        :lol: That is too funny because one morning when we got up I thought how pretty all the fog was and then I was corrected that it was smog!

I have to agree that as much as I love the summer heat the changing seasons provide something different to look forward to every month. Plus, it is always a bonus when I travel to some place that is milder than NE because then when everyone else is is parkas I am in a sweatshirt and shorts it feels like spring instead of winter to me!

Comment

I love the bugs!! its between fall and holloween decorations, yeah, I love em!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LlamaLover View Post
                            :lol: That is too funny because one morning when we got up I thought how pretty all the fog was and then I was corrected that it was smog!

Where were you? We have fog (called marine layer) - smog is not usually visible unless you are in the valleys or foothills. CA air quality has greatly improved since the 60s - and in the beach areas we don't often see smog at all. And most of the morning and evening overcast is marine layer and is considered FOG.
                            sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
                              Where were you? We have fog (called marine layer) - smog is not usually visible unless you are in the valleys or foothills. CA air quality has greatly improved since the 60s - and in the beach areas we don't often see smog at all. And most of the morning and evening overcast is marine layer and is considered FOG.
                              We were at a hotel behind the park and when we got up in the morning the back of DCA looked foggy to me but someone else at the hotel said it was smog. I hope you are right that it was fog due it would have been a lot of dirty air!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X