Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft Taking Over Lower Level of Innoventions - Good Thing or not?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Taking Over Lower Level of Innoventions - Good Thing or not?

According to Screamscape.com Microsoft has now signed a sponsorship deal to take over the lower entry level of Innoventions. According to the article they will be displaying all kinds of state of the art technology that can be put to use at your home.

Is this a positive step for Innoventions or is it just a way to make more money by having Microsoft pay lots of money to use the space and display their name? At lease Microsoft should be able to display lots of cool stuff that will be coming out in the future, right? Personally I don't go to Innoventions and I probably still won't but thats just me. I think that Disneyland could do so much more with that building.

So is this a good thing for Tomorrowland or not? What are some of your ideas to better utilize that building?

Re: Microsoft Taking Over Lower Level of Innoventions - Good Thing or not?

It's great because Microsoft built Windows XP and that NEVER breaks down...

... oh wait.

Comment

Yeah, I thought that too! lol I also think it will be used a huge commercial for Microsoft. The article stated they would probably be trying push the new Micorsoft Vista OS. Not good as an attraction IMHO.

Comment

The Beauty of Innoventions is you can walk away from the sales pitches at anytime and go do something more interesting somewhere else in the building. As long as they don't change the ability to walk away and enjoy yourself elsewhere I'll still drop into Innoventions from time to time. Even if Microsoft sucks.
        IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
          Microsoft has now signed a sponsorship deal to take over the lower entry level of Innoventions.
          I heard about that, apparently they are going to name it exhibit room 101.
          "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
            Yeah, I thought that too! lol I also think it will be used a huge commercial for Microsoft. The article stated they would probably be trying push the new Micorsoft Vista OS. Not good as an attraction IMHO.
            You are aware that Innoventions is basically a giant commercial for everything inside right?

I don't see how it can be a negative. More money = Hopefully more interesting things to do and see.

Comment

hmm , is it just me or has microsoft never really had any cool fun stuff to interact with? , now we will get to look at the latest Windows Vista Beta build , or use the spreadsheet simulator , or go crazy with the DOS adventure?? i dont see this being that fun , especialy for kids

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

I don't know exactly what they are going to put there, but at least they have money to do something with the space. And I think they'll be bringing in non-Microsoft products as well. Sure, Vista et al will probably be there, but there's a lot of technology out there that Microsoft is interested in. I think they'll be other stuff as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I guess I don't see much of an effect either way. If they took over the Haunted Mansion or POTC, yes. But who gives a rip what anyone does with Innoventions, unless they get rid of it entirely?
                  "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

Comment

Why not - Microsoft is already taking over the front gate!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post

HA! That is a great shot Window Xp and Mickey Head right below it.

Comment

What happened to corporate synergy anywho?

Who's now the biggest shareholder in Disney!?
                        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
                        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
                        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                          What happened to corporate synergy anywho?

Who's now the biggest shareholder in Disney!?
                          Hmmmmmm . . . interesting question. How about Microsoft on the lower level and Apple on the upper level? Could be interesting.
                          Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post

Actually, this is what it should REALLY look like:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Demigod View Post
                              Actually, this is what it should REALLY look like:

Ah! The Blue Screen of Death or better known as Windows XP :lmao:

Can you image getting that at the turnstiles. No one comes in...lines backed up...Disneyland CLOSED! they got the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X