This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grading Attractions

During discussions of upcoming attractions, I developed a sense of my criteria for what makes a good attraction. For me, it's an evenly-weighted breakdown as follows:

Does it fit the theme?
    Is it Immersive into an Interesting Illusion?
    What is the quality of the ride itself (vehicle and track)?
    What is the quality of the show (scenery, story)?

How do other people rate the attractions? What criteria do you use? What is more important in your grading system?
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

I'm a little more simple than that.

I ride it. Then when I get off, if I enjoyed myself- it was good. If I am super excited- it was great. If I am apathetic- it sucked.
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink
      I ride it. Then when I get off, if I enjoyed myself- it was good. If I am super excited- it was great. If I am apathetic- it sucked.
      Ditto here.

Pooh was O-K. Not a good ride.

Big THunder though? The thrill of possibly dying? AWESOME.
      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink
        I'm a little more simple than that.

Okay, let me pose it to you this way... what criteria do you use when deciding what to ride?
        See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
        78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I look at what they had to work with, the space, the budget- the current corperate focus and then I try to weigh it out against my experiance on the ride itself- not before I have ridden it...you test drive a car right? You look at it on the freeway, in parking lots, on the street- and you say hey I wanna try it out...I see advertising for a new ride, hear word of mouth, goto the park and check it out.

However unlike purchasing a car I don't have to do research...I can just go and ride it.

Comment

Originally posted by ModHatter
            Okay, let me pose it to you this way... what criteria do you use when deciding what to ride?
            Well, these days I don't have many options. I have a 3 yr old and that obviously limits my choices. This is why I welcome rides like Pooh and the new Monsters Inc ride. The more things I can go on with him, the better.

Before my son (hard to remember such a time!) my first choices were the rides with sentimental value- Storybook, dark rides, etc- and the thrills- Space, Thunder, Indy.
            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Introducing the Grizz-o-Meter - not YET applicable for Disneyland attractions, but we can certainly make that available:

http://www.inquisitivemonkey.co.uk/g...ngregister.php

STORY: 25/25 POINTS
              Clear, creative, original storyline? 10 /10
              Do the elements and effects serve the storyline? 10 /10
              Is the story relevant/do we care?/Does the audience act in an active position? 5 /5

AUDIENCE APPEAL: 20/20 POINTS
              Young children? 5/5
              Adolescents/young adults? 5/5
              Parents/adults? 5/5
              Seniors? 5/5

METHOD: 20/20 POINTS
              Novel technologies? 10 /10
              Is the attraction quality up to Disney standards? 10 /10

ENGAGING ELEMENTS: 20/20 POINTS
              Endearing or effecive characters/emotional story? 10 /10
              Inspiration or fulfillment/take-home point/message? 10/10

OTHER ELEMENTS: 15/15 POINTS
              Queue/Preshow and/or Postshow? 5 /5
              Music/soundtrack? 5 /5
              Does this attraction truly add to the themed land/park/resort? 5/5

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X