• Show
Clear All

no lands

lands belong in Disneyland

other gates can have other divisions

it's bad enough that DCA has "A Bug's Land"
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

JSPIDER - Hollywoodland is what the real Hollywood sign used to read when it was errected by land developers........if that makes you feel any better.
      WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
        Real Hollywood? Are we talking about the impression of Hollywood tourists are given when the tool around a lame tour of Universal and occassionally Warner Bros? Backlots are BORING...sound stages (IE like the Hyperion) are BORING and I for one do not want this to mimic the real deal...it should be over stylized and fun. Real = blank building.
        No, I was thinking of 1930s Hollywood when ladies and gentlemen dressed up like a million bucks, Producers were more important than CEOs, and art-deco buildings like the kind the ToT was inspired by was in-season.

Think of the Gene Kelly days here.

Comment

I was just at DCA for a full day, and the Hollywood Pictures Backlot is cramped and stressful. I also was put off by the "Soundstage" numbers on most of the buildings. It was trying so hard, but I think Disney dropped the ball with this theme. I agree that something to the extent of what has been mentioned above should be in order.
          Disney should recreate a Hollywood of the movies, which is fantasy, but Disney and WDI are great at those sorts of things.

Comment

Originally posted by jmuboy
            JSPIDER - Hollywoodland is what the real Hollywood sign used to read when it was errected by land developers........if that makes you feel any better.
            I suppose but I'm still not a big fan of it

I dunno retro hollywood sounds alright but in reality I don't see anything wrong with doing a Disney style modern hollywood, Universal "kinda" does it but it's done so poorly Disney could easily do things both different and better

also as far as the time travel goes how will it make since?

Haunted things are supposed to be old and abandond so the Tower has to be many years older then the buildings around it (you wouldn't find an ultra modern skyscraper today abandond and haunted this quickly *unless you did a dumb backstory of it being built on an indian graveyard or somethin :B*)
            "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

Comment

That's the beauty of going for 1950s Hollywood. The Deco style of ToT is very 20s/early 30s, so the hotel could have operated for years, had its tragic events unfold, and have been abandoned long enough to account for the kind of decay we see.

Nothing is inherently wrong with doing modern Hollywood. But Hollywood already does that just an hour away. HPB isn't just competing against Universal, it's competing against other working studios like Paramount and Warner Bros. which offer tours.

Modern might work if it were more Authentic, and more Disney. But what kind of modern Authentic Disney experiences can they create, and what kind of shelf life will they have?

If you want different and better, I think the logical choice is to create an experiential, immersive history experience like Disneyland's west side. That's the kind of "time travel" Disney made its mark with, and HPB is ripe for that level of Disney magic.
              See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
              78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X