Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

    Okay, looking at Darkbeers new photo's I see they are taking out a couple of the tram lanes from the Timon lot to fit the building, etc.

    Here is the thread with the pics: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37625

    My question is ... is this safe??? With security concerns, car accidents, etc, is it safe to have a ride building this close to cars, trams, etc.

    IMO it's time to get rid of this lot for good, get rid of the tram road and do something with the lot.


  • #2
    Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

    I think you are right. I would love to see it as expansion for DCA. That park needs a first class E ticket. Timon allows the space. I know that some prefer the location of Timon for parking, but frankly I would rather see the greater good for DCA.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

      As nice as it is to have parking close like that, I think DCA needs, and frankly it's going to get if Lasseter has his way, an expansion. Only big thrill E-tickets are Screamin and ToT right now. I love Soarin' and Grizzly, but they aren't the big thrill kind of rides. DCA needs something mind bogglingly amazing. And putting it in the back of the park will pull people into the park and they'll be more likely to stay and ride other things.

      Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

        It was finally time five and a half years ago. I think two good E-tickets could fit on that lot, given enough imagineering.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

            Its a very old lot also.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

              Where will all the cars that park in Timon go if they closed the lot? The parking garage already gets completely filled on a regular basis as it is. It's not as if Disney can add another few layers to the top of the garage at this point.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                Disney needs a water park. Disney should build another parking structure and put a water park where the Timon lot is.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                  The last thing southern california needs is another waterpark. We already have four of them. Two of them are even within ten miles of DL.
                  When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

                  This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

                  Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                    I will be sad to see the Timon lot go away, we park there 9 out of 10 times we visit. But I know that it can be put to better use to expand DCA. It isn't a very big lot so I guess they should just close it and get on with DCA expansion .

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                      Nothing special about it. It's just more parking. Mickey & Freinds IS massive (2nd largest in the world I believe) but not sufficient to handle DCA & Disneyland on very crowded days.
                      And when it gets really crowded...Pumba.
                      The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                        "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot..."

                        oh wait... wrong song...

                        "They ripped up a parking lot, and built a new paradise...."

                        there, I fixed it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                          Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                          "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot..."

                          oh wait... wrong song...

                          "They ripped up a parking lot, and built a new paradise...."

                          there, I fixed it.
                          :lol::thumbup:

                          Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                            I do believe Mickey and Friends as it stands today is "Mickey and Friends: Phase I." I heard from somewhere (I think here) that Pinnoccio lot is the site for another section of Mickey and Friends lot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                              Originally posted by phruby View Post
                              The last thing southern california needs is another waterpark. We already have four of them. Two of them are even within ten miles of DL.

                              But disney doesnt have one in CA.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                                They need to expand the parking structure to include more levels over pinocchio. but until then there is no way they can take out timon to expand.




                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                                  What's also good about destroying the Timon lot is that they can also get rid of the tram area for it. It's not a huge amount of room, but enough for them to add another darkride and restraunt to the Hollywood section.
                                  Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                                    Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                                    What's also good about destroying the Timon lot is that they can also get rid of the tram area for it. It's not a huge amount of room, but enough for them to add another darkride and restraunt to the Hollywood section.
                                    There were 3 eating places (not counting the smoothies and the fruit "cart")in the Hollywood area when the park opened. Only 1 remains now. One became an attraction, the other turned into event space. Would a new eating place in Hollywood work? Or was it just attendance issues that had them close the restaurants?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                                      Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                                      Okay, looking at Darkbeers new photo's I see they are taking out a couple of the tram lanes from the Timon lot to fit the building, etc.

                                      Here is the thread with the pics: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37625

                                      My question is ... is this safe??? With security concerns, car accidents, etc, is it safe to have a ride building this close to cars, trams, etc.

                                      IMO it's time to get rid of this lot for good, get rid of the tram road and do something with the lot.
                                      Can you post the exact picture you are talking about. Everytime I try to look at these I get a headache from seeing almost the same picture posted 5 times.

                                      Thank you.
                                      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "‚Äč This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Is it finally time to say goodbye to the Timon lot???

                                        Originally posted by CaptPhoebus View Post
                                        There were 3 eating places (not counting the smoothies and the fruit "cart")in the Hollywood area when the park opened. Only 1 remains now. One became an attraction, the other turned into event space. Would a new eating place in Hollywood work? Or was it just attendance issues that had them close the restaurants?
                                        Which one became an attraction?

                                        I'm just saying space-wise there might not be enough for 2 rides, but a ride and nice place to eat might fit well. Or maybe a small-sized E-ticket.

                                        IMO, Hollywood and Dine would most likely have to be torn out to make a walkway back to these added attractions.
                                        Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X