This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Update September 13, 2006!

Just popped into the park for an hour to ride a few rides this morning. Nothing was over a 20 minute wait... except for the dreaded SECURITY CHECK POINT! Not sure why the backup was so great for all stations, other than perhaps Micechatters getting in before the idea of metal detectors, strip searches, bomb sniffing dogs, and no liquids or eating utensils gets implemented?

Then, I saw a slightly different version of the Monorail utility rail car I had previously seen. Anyone know what this is for? Strange, but it moved fast!

Just to give you an idea of the crowds, here's Tomorrowland on the top of Space Mountain. The first time I've ever ridden Space and walked right onto a car!

Here's a better view of the "Space Mountain Rock" that is at the top, that I introduced in my last update from earlier this week:

And I got a lot of pictures of Indy, many of which I'll post later, but the EXIT sign in the middle of the skulls sort of takes away the chilling effect, doesn't it?

Pinocchio! And he's spelled correctly! Only he "nose" what an underappreciated ride this is!

Last edited by RobotMirror; 09-13-2006, 11:50 PM.

Re: Photo Update September 13, 2006!

A few more pics from Indy (I used flash only because there was nobody else on my Jeep):

Must be nice to have your own speakers and button when you rest in peace for eternity:

The quick slanted view of the Fountain of Youth:

When was the last time you saw Space Mountain completely empty? It was eerie:

Nice jug at the Aladdin show:

Comment

Cool pictures so far! How early in the morning were you there to witness no line for Space?
      MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

The park opened at 10am, but I made it to Space at about 10:20 or so.

Comment

Amazing.
          MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Thise are great pcitures. It was empty wasn't it.

Comment

Wow! How quiet can it get? Thanks FB.
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

wow those were great! Thanks! Love the pinocchio ones!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                Originally Posted by MWalton
                :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I spent most of my time yesterday morning in Frontierland, which had...um...about 20 people in it. I was hoping to take a spin on the Mark Twain, but it didn't open until 11:00 and I had to get to work by noon.

I DID take a stroll through Fantasyland before I left, and we probably walked right by each other. I'll keep a weather eye out for you if I go again in the next couple of weeks. I was watching the monorail maintenance vehicle as well. It pulled up in front of the tea cups just before I left.

And great shots, by the way Froggy. :bow: You can never see too much of Monstro's uvela. (Why does that sound bad...)

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
                    It has been waaaaaay too long since I have had the chance to ride Pinocchio but remember thinking it was really fun. From your photo it does appear that Mr. Clean needs to pay the old toy shop a visit.

Comment

Great pictures! I especially like the SM Rock.

But...

Ummmm.....

Are you flash-photo-ing?
                      How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                      :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

It must be nice to have the park (almost) all to yourself. It must be how Walt felt when he walked around the park.

Comment

wow!! that looked like fun being the only one on a few of those rides

nice pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post

Then, I saw a slightly different version of the Monorail utility rail car I had previously seen. Anyone know what this is for? Strange, but it moved fast!

Lil LL and I saw that too. She said it was an ugly train. :lol: It had a few suits on it so we practiced our princess wave on them.

Comment

Great update Frogberto! I liked the picture of the monorail service car. Here's the only time you'll see TL more empty, be the first one there off the monorail in the morning (taken January 06)
                              http://jestere.smugmug.com/gallery/1847316/5/92621378

HDAlien
                              HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
                              "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Comment

I'm so mad I was going to take in a morning visit also but I had to take my nieces to the dentist , I would go next week but I'll be at DISNEYWORLD for the 1st time!!, I guess I'll have to wait 2 weeks to take in a slow morning at DL. Great pics by the way.

Comment

Is it me, or does it look like Gepetto is threatening Pinocchio with that candle? Must have been nice with the park so empty. Thanks again for the pics!

Comment

I'd love to meet you, and sorry I missed the chance! Lucky you could stroll through Disneyland on a Wednesday in the off season. It's amazing how much I can get done in a shorter time when you're not fighting tourists.

Oh, and did you know that whale uvulas evolved from earlier forms of Ursula? Just kidding. :lmao:

But it's spelled uvula. Unless it's in arabic. Then it's al-uh-idunno, I believe. But don't quote me on that. :roll:

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                                    I spent most of my time yesterday morning in Frontierland, which had...um...about 20 people in it. I was hoping to take a spin on the Mark Twain, but it didn't open until 11:00 and I had to get to work by noon.

I DID take a stroll through Fantasyland before I left, and we probably walked right by each other. I'll keep a weather eye out for you if I go again in the next couple of weeks. I was watching the monorail maintenance vehicle as well. It pulled up in front of the tea cups just before I left.

And great shots, by the way Froggy. :bow: You can never see too much of Monstro's uvela. (Why does that sound bad...)

Comment

Great! Thanks! Pinocchio was the first ride my son ever went on.

Ta Da!

Comment

Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
                                        Great pictures! I especially like the SM Rock.

But...

Ummmm.....

Are you flash-photo-ing?
                                        Yes, those photos were taken with flash! I know I've been critical of those using flash in the past, but since there was nobody else on the ride vehicle when I was on Space Mountain and Indy, there was no one to spoil the attraction.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X