This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyland "A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True"

Lisa and I attended the Flag Retreat last night, and at the end of the pre-recorded annoucement that is part of the ceremony, the tag line was (and I am paraphasing here a bit), We hope you enjoy the rest of your visit here at Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True..."

So it looks like the Happiest Place on Earth has been put on the back burner for this new phrase.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Disneyland "A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True"

Disney is really blowing this one. Walt would be mad for this. They are ruining his dream!!!!

Comment

Hmm...I don't know what to say/think about that one. I mean its a catchy phrase and nice in itself but should it have replaced the original? I would have to say no.
      Last edited by clara; 09-15-2006, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
        Disney is really blowing this one. Walt would be mad for this. They are ruining his dream!!!!
        Again with the irrationalism!

I guarantee it will be back this time next year.
        BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
        October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
        April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
        October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
        December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
        July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
        July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
        July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
        February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
        February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
        TRIP REPORTS

Comment

They restore Disneyland and then kill it!
          Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
          "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
          -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
          -August 2nd 2010

Comment

wow , they are not killing disneyland or ruining his dream.. calm down , holy moly.. you are telling me that by saying "Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True..." , they are ruining his dream?

me thinks not

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

Ugh. Marketing. Gotta love 'em.

Wonder how long before we have merchandise "blue-light specials" announced over Disneyland's pubic address system?

"We hope you've enjoyed this performance of Fantasmic here at Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True. And now...have even more of your dreams come true with the fantastic limited time 20% Off Sale on all Disney Parks T-Shirts...and...Buy 3, Get 1 Free on all Disney baseball caps...now thru 11pm only...at The Emporium on Main Street U.S.A! So hurry! Supplies are limited. And enjoy the rest of your stay here at A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True, and a proud part of Disney Parks...Disneyland!"

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                Wonder how long before we have merchandise "blue-light specials" announced over Disneyland's pubic address system?
                Uh...GOLD? :lmao:

Just wanted to add..I make these mistakes too..hope you don't get offended. Just made me giggle and thanks for that. Needed that today.

Comment

Originally posted by GrimmGreen View Post
                  wow , they are not killing disneyland or ruining his dream.. calm down , holy moly.. you are telling me that by saying "Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True..." , they are ruining his dream?

me thinks not
                  I concure.

Hey I have an idea! Lets leave everything the exact same way forever and ever and ever! That sounds exciting. :thumbdown

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                    Hahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah, I'm sure the whole place is going to collapse in on itself and the ghost of Walt Disney will rise from his grave to exact revenge for a temporary slogan change.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                      Lisa and I attended the Flag Retreat last night, and at the end of the pre-recorded annoucement that is part of the ceremony, the tag line was (and I am paraphasing here a bit), We hope you enjoy the rest of your visit here at Disneyland, A Magical Place, Where Dreams Come True..."

So it looks like the Happiest Place on Earth has been put on the back burner for this new phrase.....
                      Where dreams come true? I have heard this and I was discussing the idea with my wife and it's a ludicrous statement. Who are they directing this statement at? Kids are too small to really comprehend that, so it's got to be the adults.

What dreams are coming true? I've stated before...my dream is for my son to be born healthy and cute (:yea: ) for my wife and I to eventually buy a house and to have more children eventually. THESE ARE MY DREAMS AND THEY DON"T COME TRUE AT DISNEYLAND. So this "Where Dreams come True" statement couldn't be further from the truth for me and probably for a lot of us - if not all of us.

HOWEVER, the statement "The Happiest Place On Earth" does ring true. I must tell you that whenever I go to Disneyland, it makes me happy - DARN happy. Just sitting on the bench and watching people makes me happy. So, THAT old TRIED AND TRUE "HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH" statement/slogan IS right. Disneyland IS the Happiest Place on Earth!

What is wrong with the people that PASS these things? Yeah, some things need updating and revising, but this is NOT one of them. Why don't they spend more time repainting the planters in the Parking Structure Loading area instead of coming up with ridiculous slogans.

Come on...

Comment

It's pretty, but you know it's just cold, empty marketing drivel. This entire Where Dreams Come True thing will be pushed and pushed and pushed, and people are not going to respond to it because it's going to get shoved down all our throats. But like Al said, this thing is bound to fall flat on its face. The tagline will be dropped in a few months. The products clearly won't sell (they aren't right now) so they will eventually just give up.

Comment

I think some are thinking 'dream' in the wrong context. Yes, dream taken as a noun can be physical goal of something we want to attain, like a house, job, and family.
                          But I believe Disney is thinking of a dream as more of a verb. As in to dream something up. Exactly in the same way that Walt was able to dream of the place we know as Disneyland.

That's my take.

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post
                            Uh...GOLD? :lmao:

Just wanted to add..I make these mistakes too..hope you don't get offended. Just made me giggle and thanks for that. Needed that today.
                            Well...I certainly can't blame Spell Check this time!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post

Blechhhhhhh! Marketing doltz!

Although thank goodness that didn't say:

" We hope you customers stay here longer at this Disney Park,
                              in order to spend more money and then leave because its already
                              crowded enough, so that's why the daily entrance fee went up,
                              but don't think any of it will go to retain employees that really
                              know how to make it the happiest place on earth, cuz we are only
                              going to make a limited few dreams come true with a limited
                              edition lanyard with two pins, or a pair of cloudy mouse ears."
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X