Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Tinker Bell tonight during Remember... ?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Tinker Bell tonight during Remember... ?

Tonight, there was no Tinker Bell during Remember... Is there a reason or has she been gone for a while? Last time I went was three weeks ago and she had flew down pretty fast IMO and the fireworks got cut in the middle right after the PotC sequence. Anyone know why she wasn't here tonight? Just a one time thing or is there a problem?
    http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
    www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
    http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Re: No Tinker Bell tonight during Remember... ?

I am just guessing but it either had to do with high winds or a malfunction with her flying mechanism.

thmprkinsder
    "Just remember it all started with a mouse!"

Comment

someone in the crowd didn't believe in fairies

Comment

tinnk has gone 101 in the past due to high winds. it could of been the same tonight.

Comment

Disney makes changes to Remember based on weather conditions, most noteably (sp) when there are high winds (most of the time high winds at higher elevations. When that is the case they will try to put on the show anyway and make suttle changes most of the time that only those of us that have seen the show many times notice. They will not shoot the fireworks off the matterhorn or from the other side when winds are gusting at certain elevations and in certain directions, it happened to me twice. Also they will not let Tink fly if the winds at the level she is flying at are too high or swirly (sp). And sometimes they have to stop the show in the middle because they had waited for a window hoping they could do the show, go the window and then the winds kicked back up, thus the stopping you experienced before. Anyway, bottom line is they will cut portions of the show including Tink for safety issues while still presenting most of the show.

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
            someone in the crowd didn't believe in fairies
            :crybye: Let's all together now...:clap: clap your hands and repeat "I do believe in fairies" 10x
            I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
            then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
              Disney makes changes to Remember based on weather conditions, most noteably (sp) when there are high winds (most of the time high winds at higher elevations. When that is the case they will try to put on the show anyway and make suttle changes most of the time that only those of us that have seen the show many times notice. They will not shoot the fireworks off the matterhorn or from the other side when winds are gusting at certain elevations and in certain directions, it happened to me twice. Also they will not let Tink fly if the winds at the level she is flying at are too high or swirly (sp). And sometimes they have to stop the show in the middle because they had waited for a window hoping they could do the show, go the window and then the winds kicked back up, thus the stopping you experienced before. Anyway, bottom line is they will cut portions of the show including Tink for safety issues while still presenting most of the show.
              Well Said, its all about the safety.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
              MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

I heard she was "code red."
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

A worldwide shortage of pixie dust will do that sometimes.

Comment

There were winds last night. I was actually surprised that there was a fireworks presentation because I've seen it cancelled for less.
                    -Jack :geek:
                    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Can the winds cause malfuntion to the cord while she is going down?

Comment

Not directly, but it's what happens when she meets the wind with her costume and everything. They don't want to take a chance of her... erm... de-wiring.

Comment

There is a computer that controls all of Tink's flights during the fireworks shows. If there is any problem with the computer system, they will not have her for safety reasons. I am not certain, but winds would not cause them to just scrap Tink for that show. The entire show would be cancelled if the winds were high enough to affect Tink.

Comment

Well I noticed that night when the fireworks just started that the space she comes out of in the Matterhorn wasn't even open so I'm guessing they knew she wouldn't be making her appearance that night since earlier on.
                            http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                            www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                            http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

hey pple! i want to be tinkerbell in the fireworks when i'm older! i am a dancer, so it might work out! lol

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X