This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PeopleMover experts I need some help.

Hi all. I am gonna attempt to write an article for http://www.swstartours.net about the Stormtrooper
    that was just past the Star Tours tunnel on the PeopleMover track. He could also be seen from the Star Trader shop.

So if any of you guys have Pictures or info you would like to share. Please post here or PM me. Thanks

Here are a few questions that there seem to be some debate about.

1. Animatronic or not?
    I seem to remember he swayed back and fourth a bit.

2. Year he was installed and removed?

Re: PeopleMover experts I need some help.

Here is a pic from the Star Trader before the "New Tomorrowland" update.

Comment

Animatronic or not? Depend on your definition of animatronic I guess. He did move back and forth, but he wasn't synchronized to any specific dialouge or music. So it is up to you if you consider that an animatronic.
      VISIT my sketchblog: M54

Comment

I seem to recall dialog just after exiting Star Tours on the People Mover where you heard a storm trooper over the intercom saying "You aren't suppose to be here" just as the People Mover sped up and flew past the Storm Trooper shifting his weight.

I use to enjoy looking down into the Star Trader, so I'm pretty sure the speedup was added for a little bit of Star Wars style excitment.
        Last edited by Lore; 09-16-2006, 08:23 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

I do remember the Trooper saying something, and the ride speeding up. It could be considered a very basic animatronic, similar to the old animatronics when the park opened. The stormtrooper just swayed back and forth, kinda like he was drunk.

Comment

The stormtrooper swayed holding a blaster rifle pointed at you and you sped up past him, but I do remember that X-wing though, I wanted to take that thing home SOOO bad lol. Childish fantasies, but if it was still there I'd still wanna take it home . Anybody have any idea where that thing ended up?
            sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Originally posted by FigmentFruitcake View Post
              The stormtrooper swayed holding a blaster rifle pointed at you and you sped up past him, but I do remember that X-wing though, I wanted to take that thing home SOOO bad lol. Childish fantasies, but if it was still there I'd still wanna take it home . Anybody have any idea where that thing ended up?
              If I remember the X wing is still there and you can see it From the Space Mountain queue line.

Toy Story Mania construction:
              Older photo
              New Photo

Member of
              MiceChat WDW Trip
              Next trip
              2014 Dec, 31

Comment

The Stormtrooped was an Animatronic, but not an Audio Animatronic. To be an AA, the figure in question must move and lip-sync to a specificated dialogue for itself.

And he did sway like he was drunk. I loved that Stormtrooper...one of my favorite things in TL as a kid

Comment

Originally posted by akfandisney View Post
                  If I remember the X wing is still there and you can see it From the Space Mountain queue line.
                  I remember that now! It's on the second floor of the arcade that used to have all those air hockey tables! In that case, I'm bringing a flatbed to Disneyland with me next week! Think they'd miss it? I mean it's not really in a key place or anything, and really serves no purpose but to decorate my garage right?
                  sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Well... sorta. To be an Audio-animatronic, he needed to have his movements triggered by audio signals on a magnetic reel...
                    So technically many of the AAs in the park today aren't the first definitions of audio animatronics.

Comment

Thanks for those who responded.

I was emailed a pic.

Nice Peoplemover video found here:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oggal7RY2ks

Comment

Originally posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
                        The Stormtrooped was an Animatronic, but not an Audio Animatronic. To be an AA, the figure in question must move and lip-sync to a specificated dialogue for itself.

And he did sway like he was drunk. I loved that Stormtrooper...one of my favorite things in TL as a kid
                        So was Nillie Vanillie anamatronic? they moved and lip-syned a specific dialog for themselves?! :lmao:
                        sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

The coined word, "animatronic", means that the mechanical animation is electronically controlled, so the Storm Trooper probably didn't have that much sophistication, based on my recollection. "Audio-Animatronic" is a misnomer, though, since audio signals aren't used anymore to control the animation. The Walt Disney Company continues, however, to use the term because it is a registered trademark while "animatronic", regrettably, has fallen into generic usage.

Comment

^^^ wow!!! that's such a great video! to see the mary blair murals again!!!

good luck on that report!
                            kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

Didn't the Stormtrooper end up next to Darth Vader in the Star Wars shops at the exit of Star Tours? I think he was up above the doorway leading out of the Star Wars shop and into the Star Trader. That Stormtrooper didn't move but I'm pretty sure it was the same prop.
                              sigpic

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X