X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• poltergeist
    replied
    Re: Disneyland Ghost Stories

After an exremely nice ride on Small World, (almost empty) I started walking over to HM for a little spooky fun. I started to hear some faint moanings from behind a good sized tree... now these were barely audible and you really had to strain to catch them. There were only a handful of people around, so I decided to look for the actual location of the noises. It was obvious to me that no other guests were in tune with what was happening. I located the noises, and after further examination, discovered what seemed to be a small boy about 8-10 years old sitting behind this massive tree, he had 15 churro wrappers around his feet, and was slowly rocking back and forth groaning while holding his stomach.

Now that's SCARY!

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

Disneyland - Pirates of the Caribbean - The story goes that a young boy and his mom loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The boy got cancer and his last wishes was that his ashes be spread over the Pirates ride. Disneyland rejected that for health reasons but his mother did it anyway. At night the ride operators can sometimes see a lone boy riding one of the boats on the video monitors, but when they check it out there is no one.
    I've heard so many variations of this story that I no longer believe it. I heard he haunts Haunted Mansion, Florida's Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. Not to say it isn't true, I just personally don't believe it .

Leave a comment:

• aerinpegadrak
    replied

Originally posted by awaflyboy View Post
    Disneyland - It's a Small World - Lights have turned themselves off/on by themselves, as well as the all the dolls moving without power.
    Heh, that reminds me of the time at Tiki (I wasn't there, but I've heard about it from several people) that the show started all by itself numerous times. I think that might have been the night that Michael's head fell off, but I'm not sure.

Leave a comment:

• awaflyboy
    replied

Here's some found on another website....(how true they are I cannot say, but makes for interesting reading)

Disneyland - The Christmas Shop - Some of the stock crew has reported an strange feeling when alone stocking the store for the morning. There is an old photo from the 19th century of a young woman up on one of the shelves. It has been documented several different times that a stock person will noticed the photo frowning (her photo is taken with a straight face) at them along with a strange wind in the room.

Disneyland - Fire Station - some employees heard foot steps at 2nd floor at night and someone knocked the door. The 2nd floor is not open for public and it's been an empty room for several years. - January 2006 Additional Information: The room above the Disneyland fire station was built as a place for Walt Disney to stay in while he inspected the park or did park business. It has all the amenities as an functional apartment for him.

Disneyland - Haunted Mansion - There are 3 spirits that are in the place all the time, elderly man (who died of a heart attack in Aug. of 1970 before there was a first aid station on the west side of the park), an elderly woman and a young man who has quite a sense of humor. There is also something nasty in the attic just before the omni-movers exit into the graveyard. Witnesses report having hair pulled in the crypt (exit) area with no one in sight, touched on the back by a hand in a car that ended up having no one in the car, seen people walk up the portrait hall or grand staircase, stop and vanish, faces peer from behind the corner at the top of the grand staircase, heard footsteps on the false floor behind the load area when there is no one else there, been touched on the face by unseen hands, seen a man in the exit mirror.

Disneyland - It's a Small World - Lights have turned themselves off/on by themselves, as well as the all the dolls moving without power.

Disneyland - Matterhorn Mountain - The ghost of a woman named Dolly, she was crushed to death after she fell out of her sled and was hit by the sled behind her.

Disneyland - Pirates of the Caribbean - The story goes that a young boy and his mom loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The boy got cancer and his last wishes was that his ashes be spread over the Pirates ride. Disneyland rejected that for health reasons but his mother did it anyway. At night the ride operators can sometimes see a lone boy riding one of the boats on the video monitors, but when they check it out there is no one.

Disneyland - Space Mountain - both the ride itself and the women's (employee) locker rooms are haunted by the ghost of "Mr. One-Way", a guest who died on the Space Mountain ride back in the 1970's. On the ride, he is described as a large man with reddish hair and a red face, and has been seen by guests getting into a car with a lone rider, but he vanishes before the end of the ride.

Disneyland - The Star Trader (4th floor stock room) - Cast members have felt a cold, eerie wind on the 4th floor of the stock room, when there are no doors, vents, or windows up there.

Disneyland - the old "People Mover Ride" - Reports of operating, girls (especially those with long blonde hair) would sometimes feel an unseen someone pull viciously at their hair. The boy died a few years ago on a Grad Night when he jumped out of the cabin of the People Mover, got caught and dragged underneath the car. He grabbed desperately at his girlfriends long blond hair to save himself.

Disneyland - Tom Sawyers Island - The ghost (s) of one or two people have been seen on Tom Sawyers Island. At least three boys (all Grad night victims) have drowned in the Rivers of America.
    Last edited by awaflyboy; 10-25-2006, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aerinpegadrak
    replied

Originally posted by Jungle Cruise Gal View Post
    I have heard a lot of ghost stories from CMs about the oprea house.Theres a little girl ghost who runs around and talks to the CMs and theres a man who sits in the very last row alll the way to the left hand side,if your facing the audience.Very creepy.
    I haven't seen the little girl, but I know two people who have. Same with the dude on the last row (I know at least four CMs who've seen him, but I haven't noticed.) I've only had one personal experience with a ghost in the Opera House (well, it's happened more than once, but it's the same ghost). Occasionally during the show, I'll feel someone kicking the back of my seat. The CM seat in the Opera House is in the very back right corner, about six inches from the wall. And someone was kicking my seat. It was a little more annoying than creepy, but I'm sort of glib about things like that. I know CMs who will not stay in the theatre by themselves while the show's running.

The other one I've heard about is the lady who'll lock herself in the bathroom at Aladdin's Oasis. They'll go to get her out at the end of the show, but the door will be locked and there'll be no answer. So they'll call facilities, and they'll say, "Oh, it's the ghost again" and come unlock the door, and there'll be no one in there.

Leave a comment:

• Shoppingbear
    replied

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
    Yay! The number of people here like me just doubled!!!
    :lmao:

Leave a comment:

• RobotMirror
    replied

Originally posted by Tooliebear View Post
    I hate to be the skeptic in the room, but... couldn't it have been an animal or a bird?
    Yay! The number of people here like me just doubled!!!

Leave a comment:

• Shoppingbear
    replied

Originally posted by MaleficentFan View Post
    Back in March of this year, after I got off of the HM I was heading back to POTC and just as I was passing the entrance to the mansion I felt someone TOUCH my left shoulder and my hair moved (there was NO breeze, btw). I immediately looked around and saw that there was no one close enough to me who could have done it.
    I hate to be the skeptic in the room, but... couldn't it have been an animal or a bird? Most of them could scamper or fly away before you even saw them, especially a small one.

When I went to college, there were these really tame squirrels around one part of campus. They were always dropping on the shoulder of someone who was eating or had anything in their hands as they walked along, or bounding up your backpack and landing on your shoulder, then either grabbing the food or just bounding away if you jumped. The first time it happened to me, I had just gotten up, so I knew there was no one in the area, and I literally shrieked, it surprised me so much.

Leave a comment:

• ~xxBooxx~
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyDude2006 View Post
    I was on haunted mansion, and it was coming close to the graveyard scene toward the end (after the dog and the master). I have been on HM so many times It's almost sad... But one night (or day, i don't remember, i think it was night) i was riding HM and i saw a ghost i hadn't seen before. It was a guy in a black suit with a redish color tie, all he did was wave. I looked to my friend and said, "I didn't know they added that." So I went up to a cast member the next day, when you get on the Doom buggies, and i asked when they added that new animatronic. He gave me a weird look and told me they didn't. I didn't believe him, of course, because i knew what i saw.
    So as i was riding, i kept my eyes peeled for this "non existant" animatronic i saw. Sure enough, it wasn't there.

Whether it was a joke, a real person who had gotten out of a doom buggy, or a CM, or a "demo" animtronic, i dont know. ALl i know is it bore a strange likeliness of Walt Disney.

Ohhhhh... Good one.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

Originally posted by DisneyDarian View Post
    I really understand that particular point of view. Its really difficult for me to accept as well as I've always considered myself a rationalist. But the CM who experienced that paranormal encounter first hand has been a dear friend of mine for over ten years now. Heck, he doesn't even drink let alone do drugs. And he's honest to a fault.

That leaves me with two possible conclusions: 1. Something paranormal actually happened or 2. He had some sort of psychotic break and was halucinating. In any case he was quite disturbed by the whole experience and the experience was quite real to him.

Though such things don't fit into my neat and explainable rational universe model, it seems they do exist. So I've had to update my world view accordingly to allow for these paranormal occurances. The flesh and bone that makes us up is actually highly concentrated energy. And converting even a small portion of that matter back into energy releases vast amounts of energy... as illustrated by the fates of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Our personalities and minds are not much more that electrical impulses in an organic computer, and those impulses are energy as well. So perhaps its not so far fetched for those organized energy patterns to survive after the death of the body. Anyway, thats how I explain these occurances to myself.

Sorry for the long post. I'll see if I can persuade my CM friend to give his first person account of that night in the Columbia.

Oh I know what your saying too. There is a possibility that did happen and I can't say it didn't cause I wasn't there . Thanks for sharing the story with us though.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyDarian
    replied

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I am very fascinated with ghosts but I don't think Disneyland is haunted. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down any onces experiences there. But I just think that there is to much normal activity that goes on there that makes it impossible to notice any paranormal activity, if there is any. Plus I have heard so many stories be told time and time again and each time I hear it there is something new added onto the story. So that makes me question its authenticity.
    I really understand that particular point of view. Its really difficult for me to accept as well as I've always considered myself a rationalist. But the CM who experienced that paranormal encounter first hand has been a dear friend of mine for over ten years now. Heck, he doesn't even drink let alone do drugs. And he's honest to a fault.

That leaves me with two possible conclusions: 1. Something paranormal actually happened or 2. He had some sort of psychotic break and was halucinating. In any case he was quite disturbed by the whole experience and the experience was quite real to him.

Though such things don't fit into my neat and explainable rational universe model, it seems they do exist. So I've had to update my world view accordingly to allow for these paranormal occurances. The flesh and bone that makes us up is actually highly concentrated energy. And converting even a small portion of that matter back into energy releases vast amounts of energy... as illustrated by the fates of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Our personalities and minds are not much more that electrical impulses in an organic computer, and those impulses are energy as well. So perhaps its not so far fetched for those organized energy patterns to survive after the death of the body. Anyway, thats how I explain these occurances to myself.

Sorry for the long post. I'll see if I can persuade my CM friend to give his first person account of that night in the Columbia.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Cruise Gal
    replied

I have heard a lot of ghost stories from CMs about the oprea house.Theres a little girl ghost who runs around and talks to the CMs and theres a man who sits in the very last row alll the way to the left hand side,if your facing the audience.Very creepy.

Leave a comment:

• kelly
    replied

Originally posted by chinken6 View Post
    What is Potc
    pirates of the carribean

Leave a comment:

• chinken6
    replied

What is Potc

Leave a comment:

• sorceress1986
    replied

I agree, I love these stories. I was raised a tad morbidly (long story) so I do always wonder about this stuff.

I love the idea that Walt may still be in the park. For one thing, it solidifies the idea that Disneyland is better than WDW. (Just sayin'...) But also because it was so his heart when he died.

I wish I had cool stories like this. MAybe i'm looking for Walt to hard.

Leave a comment:

• Quacky4Donald
    replied

I too am glad that this topic was brought up [again]. There are some stories that I've heard in the past and on here that I believe, others I don't. The HM stories are interesting. Some I believe are legit, others I think are only legit in the person's mind that "saw" them. There's two sides to that ride (the HM). 1) It would be the perfect place for someone from The Other Side to go and not be viewed as a scary being, or harmful entity. There would be no trouble fitting in. 2) However, the HM, with its theme and such, can easily put thoughts into people's minds. A person can see something that is logically a CM or a mechinism for the ride and turn it into an entity from Home. But really, in the end all that matters is what a person believes to be true. Who am I to doubt what is real and not?

I won't even begin to get into the psychic encounters I've had in general here unless people really want to know them.

Oh, and btw, yes, I do believe 100% that Walt visits the park whether it be in Spirit form or in Ghost form. At least to just check up on things, or to visit beloved attractions. Also, if he does visit in Spirit form he wouldn't be P.O.'d about anything. Being P.O.'d is a negative emotion which there is none of that back Home. If he is a ghost then I can buy the being P.O.'d stuff.

Okay, I'm done. (Long post - I know.)

...Joe...

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

I am very fascinated with ghosts but I don't think Disneyland is haunted. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting down any onces experiences there. But I just think that there is to much normal activity that goes on there that makes it impossible to notice any paranormal activity, if there is any. Plus I have heard so many stories be told time and time again and each time I hear it there is something new added onto the story. So that makes me question its authenticity.

Leave a comment:

• Coheteboy
    replied

At the end of Haunted Mansion right after we see the hitch-hiking ghosts, there's ALWAYS one that ends up sitting in our doom buggy!

Kidding aside, either everyone is on crack or I'm starting to feel left out that I haven't had a ghost experience.

Hey but I heard that the caboose of one of the trains was haunted. Is it tied into one of the stories above at all?

Leave a comment:

• princedalton
    replied

A friend told me once that when she was loading onto her doombuggie on HM, she looked up at the "staircase" on which the buggies come down, and she said she saw a white figure of a woman standing there...at least that's what she says :0)

Leave a comment:

• DisneyDude2006
    replied

I was on haunted mansion, and it was coming close to the graveyard scene toward the end (after the dog and the master). I have been on HM so many times It's almost sad... But one night (or day, i don't remember, i think it was night) i was riding HM and i saw a ghost i hadn't seen before. It was a guy in a black suit with a redish color tie, all he did was wave. I looked to my friend and said, "I didn't know they added that." So I went up to a cast member the next day, when you get on the Doom buggies, and i asked when they added that new animatronic. He gave me a weird look and told me they didn't. I didn't believe him, of course, because i knew what i saw.
    So as i was riding, i kept my eyes peeled for this "non existant" animatronic i saw. Sure enough, it wasn't there.

Whether it was a joke, a real person who had gotten out of a doom buggy, or a CM, or a "demo" animtronic, i dont know. ALl i know is it bore a strange likeliness of Walt Disney.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X