This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/16/06 - Official Stupid Convention at DLR

I don't know what it was about today, but it seemed like today was the day for the Official Stupid Convention to visit the resort.

If it wasn't idiots cutting in line to get in the parking structure (!!) they were cutting in line to get in the park before the gates were even open.

Oh and the tram from Mickey and Friends was great. Obviously people can't understand "Stand behind the yellow line" and they try to board the tram while it is moving! Causing them to stop it to make sure the idiots don't kill themselves.

Then Dizzyland was in full effect with people stopping to look at a leaf fluttering around the ground as if it was the newest E-Ticket. Of course, their sudden stop causes an instant traffic jam because they are amazed at a shiny or small object.

But it gets even better.

Obviously the Stupids have trouble grasping the whole concept of an exit hand stamp. As they go to the gate for re-entry with just their ticket and are like "oh, I didn't know you needed a hand stamp". Why do you think they were stamping hands when you exited?

Not dumb enough for you? Check out this conversation I had with two super airhead teenage girls who stopped me when exiting the park tonight.

Dummy: "Did they take your ticket?"
    Me (knowing exactly what they were after): "No...we have passes with our pictures on them"
    Dummy: "Oh, well are you going to go back in with it?"
    Me (repeating in case they haven't been trained to understand yet): "No...we have passes with our pictures on them...we are the only ones who can use them."

I think that may have blown her mind because she shut up then.

Re: 9/16/06 - Official Stupid Convention at DLR

I hate people like that

Comment

I thought I was the only crazy person who felt like this today. People were being extra rude today.

We/me and my friend were walking from Main Street to Tomorrowland, stayed to the right, and this Mickey balloon kept hitting me in the head, and the family who owned it didn't tie it up well to the stroller. It hit me in the head like 4 times (I am talking from Plaza Inn's bathrooms to the Star Tours old fast pass station), hit my friend like 3 times, and another gentlemen just as many times. So my friend grabbed the balloon and kinda' threw it back. The mother was like "Uh... she didn't like the balloon" and the dad was like "She's weird." I just wanted to pop the balloon or using my knitting thread cutter "accidentlly" cut the ribbon off the balloon. I am sorry but if your kid's balloon is hitting people don't bad mouth those people.

Comment

*sigh* Disneyland amateurs at their finest. We hardcore Disneyphiles have to stick together just to survive in the parks. If there wasn't Micechat to vent to, some poor tourist might suffer the wrath of somebody with years of pent up aggression towards "the Stupids" as ManaByte so eliquently put it.
        sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Oh! I forgot the people who take strollers on the escalators at the parking structure.

Every level has giant signs saying not to take them on the escalator but to use the elevator. But some people insist on slowing everyone down by cramming the giant stroller on the escalator.

Comment

If they're not slowing people down with the strollers entering/exiting trams/railcars/etc. It's the jerk that's in a HUGE hurry with the stroller in a crowded area that bumps into your ankles and runs over your feet a half a dozen times trying to get around you...gotta love that one. Anybody else have that problem?
            sigpic

Kongalush! To all you fellow adventurers out there!

Comment

Wow. I was so close to going to the park this evening too. Good thing I didn't. Sorry to hear the park was filled with idiots tonight. Last night everyone was super nice and I didn't encounter one stupid or rude person.
              Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!! :yea:

Comment

[QUOTEsigh* Disneyland amateurs at their finest. We hardcore Disneyphiles have to stick together just to survive in the parks. If there wasn't Micechat to vent to, some poor tourist might suffer the wrath of somebody with years of pent up aggression towards "the Stupids" as ManaByte so eliquently put it. ][/quote]

wow, its funny how strong this thread hit me. I was one of those stupid people, and you know some times "we stupid people " do not know the right ways of doing things. things tick you off, but please this is just rude. you go often and know what your doing I did not and many others do not either. I did not know about the hand stamp thing, duh yeah lame but true. whats up with the fact you have no patiece for folks, and you see them as idiots. I had never been to a theme park, small town gal I am and I am sure I pissed off a few of you because " I did not move fast enough, or I stopped to look at something and you were behind me. seems people want instant gratification any more. ever think about slowing down and just relaxing a bit and not looking at us as idiots or stupids?
                Now grant it I know a lot of things now since I have gone a total of 3 times in my 47 year of life and have learned a lot from this board, but there acually is people out there who have not lived in a big city and are able to go to these parks, and live in small town america or abroad and do not know the rules of the park as far as not stopping, getting out of your way so you can move faster, or gee, make sure you do not piss off an Ap passholder..

Comment

Originally posted by ManaByte View Post
                  I don't know what it was about today, but it seemed like today was the day for the Official Stupid Convention to visit the resort.....
                  <sarcasm>
                  My thoughts exactly. In fact, I don't think anyone should be allowed to enter Disneyland unless they've already been there at least 10 times before, and know exactly the procedure for re-entering the park. Just think how much happier the park would be if everyone was exactly like you.
                  </sarcasm>

Comment

Disneyland is not a private club, it is open to the public. Therefore you are going to have people that will bother you, will make 'mistakes', will want to stop (suddenly) and gape at the beauty and wonder that is Disneyland. I am so sorry that you were unprepared for the reality of Disneyland, which is crowds, lines, people (courtious and discourteous), smells, balloons, spills. But Disneyland is also joy, wonderment, excitement, family and friends, traditions, nostalgia, and hundreds of other great things. Next time you go try to give yourself a pep-talk in the car, or in your driveway before you even get in the car. Remind yourself why you are going and try to enjoy yourself, there is no reason to go and be made miserable by the inconveniences of dealing with people. Choose to make Disneyland the Happiest Place on Earth.

Comment

Oh! I forgot the people who take strollers on the escalators at the parking structure.

Every level has giant signs saying not to take them on the escalator but to use the elevator. But some people insist on slowing everyone down by cramming the giant stroller on the escalator.
                      Or those folks who like to take strollers into the treehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by h_lehmann View Post
                        <sarcasm>
                        My thoughts exactly. In fact, I don't think anyone should be allowed to enter Disneyland unless they've already been there at least 10 times before, and know exactly the procedure for re-entering the park. Just think how much happier the park would be if everyone was exactly like you.
                        </sarcasm>
                        :lol: good one,
                        and yeah if it was a perfect world then we could all even wear our disneyland outfits and all look alike! gee some people who think everyone should be on the same wave lenght. OYE

Comment

Originally posted by RetroMousie View Post
                          Disneyland is not a private club, it is open to the public. Therefore you are going to have people that will bother you, will make 'mistakes', will want to stop (suddenly) and gape at the beauty and wonder that is Disneyland. I am so sorry that you were unprepared for the reality of Disneyland, which is crowds, lines, people (courtious and discourteous), smells, balloons, spills. But Disneyland is also joy, wonderment, excitement, family and friends, traditions, nostalgia, and hundreds of other great things. Next time you go try to give yourself a pep-talk in the car, or in your driveway before you even get in the car. Remind yourself why you are going and try to enjoy yourself, there is no reason to go and be made miserable by the inconveniences of dealing with people. Choose to make Disneyland the Happiest Place on Earth.
                          thank you!! my thoughts exactly!

Comment

you all realise DL is a tourist attraction...right?...maybe it's not the venue for you if you all don't have the patience for it....I admit my patience runs a bit thin after the first 1 1/2 days there, but I only go about once every 2 to 3 months...if I went all the time maybe I would have these same reactions...how scary...

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
                              Or those folks who like to take strollers into the treehouse.

Exactly.

Comment

:lol: Haha! I love it! I'm one of those people with "walker rage" which is pretty much road rage but with walkers. It hits me the most at theme parks and malls!! Yes....I'm that obnoxious person who is trying to weave around the slower people on the walkway! I try to pass them by walking around them and then get aggravated when I am unable to. Eventually I will make it around them and as I pass I think in my head, "Moron!" Usually I end up seeing them again in line for a ride and I think, "WOOHOO! I managed to get in front of them in line by 7 whole people! Sweet!" Then I make fun of their tourist wear with my friends...hehe!

And just to clarify....I'm not being sarcastic at all! This is really what I do! Honestly! I know I'm evil! Mwuahahahah!!!

My best score ever!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiedianne View Post
                                  :lol: Haha! I love it! I'm one of those people with "walker rage" which is pretty much road rage but with walkers. It hits me the most at theme parks and malls!! Yes....I'm that obnoxious person who is trying to weave around the slower people on the walkway! I try to pass them by walking around them and then get aggravated when I am unable to. Eventually I will make it around them and as I pass I think in my head, "Moron!" Usually I end up seeing them again in line for a ride and I think, "WOOHOO! I managed to get in front of them in line by 7 whole people! Sweet!" Then I make fun of their tourist wear with my friends...hehe!

And just to clarify....I'm not being sarcastic at all! This is really what I do! Honestly! I know I'm evil! Mwuahahahah!!!
                                  oh my.....well, it's good to be honest i guess.

I'm a very fast walker myself and I will weave and bob through crowds, but I don't think of the slow peple as morons, I'm not obnoxious about passing people, if I can't egt by oh well, the [path will eventually open up. It's not the other guests in the parks fault I walk fast. I also hardly ever see the same person in the park twice. They have to be really making a scene for me to even notice them....I had no idea people were so into what other people do and wear...how sad....

Comment

Ouch!
                                    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                                    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                                    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                                    -August 2nd 2010

Comment

The stupid people I hate are the people that make kids dress like it's church. Especially when it's 100 + degrees outside! Poor kids. Little boys in long sleave button up shirts and little girls in black velvet dresses!!!! I also feel bad for the kids who's parents didn't have the foresite to tell them "No honey, it's not a good idea to wear your Snow White dress into the park, it's going to be hotter then hell and you'll bake! Maybe next time."

While I'm strongly infavor of a dress code @ DLR, it's not your cousin's wedding... feel free to wear shorts.

Comment

I understand that, good grief, the worlds 2nd largest parking structure
                                        only has TWO elevators.
                                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X