X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: John Lasseter Sucks!

Originally posted by MickeyMania View Post
    What in the heck do you expect a Disney park to have if not characters? Granted, limiting it to Toy Story is quite dumb, but the point remains.

Do you really expect Disney to make attractions that have no connections to any entertainment property previously owned by the company? I mean, jeez, guys, even the Jungle Cruise was based on True Life Adventures.
    What do you call 3/4 of Epcot's attractions, maybe 1/2 of MGM and a 1/3 of the Animal Kingdom----rides without Disney movie or animation influence. Balance is the key!

Not saying I disagree with your argument but it goes both ways right? Haunted Mansion and Pirates aren't exactly based on previous Disney film source materials and they are by far my favorite.

If they pursue adding source material here at the Paradise Pier it could eventually infect other areas. "Soaring with the Rocketeer" and "Bear Country Jamboree at the Grizzly River Rapid's Theatre!" Ok wait I actually like those two suggestions---but Toy Story pier?

Are they gonna remove the wonderful face on the ferris wheel in favor of Woody? That would ruin the character and style.

Comment

All I have to say is, Disneyland is now aiming for the newest and youngest generation again like any other company. Changes happen. That's life.

Comment

Yarggh, for a land-lubber me says Johnny Boy is okay ... get im' a peg-leg and he can swab my ship anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks View Post
          What do you call 3/4 of Epcot's attractions, maybe 1/2 of MGM and a 1/3 of the Animal Kingdom----rides without Disney movie or animation influence. Balance is the key!

Not saying I disagree with your argument but it goes both ways right? Haunted Mansion and Pirates aren't exactly based on previous Disney film source materials and they are by far my favorite.

If they pursue adding source material here at the Paradise Pier it could eventually infect other areas. "Soaring with the Rocketeer" and "Bear Country Jamboree at the Grizzly River Rapid's Theatre!" Ok wait I actually like those two suggestions---but Toy Story pier?

Are they gonna remove the wonderful face on the ferris wheel in favor of Woody? That would ruin the character and style.
          You also have to think about all the hit rides at Disneyland based after popular Disneyland shows and Disney films. Those rides are the majority of Disneyland and have been for quite some time. People go to Disneyland to see their favorite characters as well. Seeing the characters in rides is a Double whammy. There are rides suited for adults and rides suited for children at Disneyland. Buzz Lightyear is more of a kid ride while attractions like Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Space, Thunder, Splash, etc. are more aimed at teenagers and adults.

I think Imagineering should find a way to expand Fliks Fun Fair and turn it into a big Pixar themed area. Then they can move rides like the Parachute drop, Monsters Inc over there, etc.

but Iger is investing heavy loads of money into this project, unlike Eisner, so the outcome will more likely be better than we view it as right now .

Comment

Like I said, I am joining the throngs of Disney fans who would prefer a parking lot once again!

Comment

Well if they did bring back the old lot, that'd mean they would tear down the stacked parking structure right?

Comment

Originally posted by dchun2007 View Post
                I believe the older generation and my generation enjoys the rides that Disneyland currently has because many of them were based on movies that we grew up with and enjoyed. Children of this newer generation are growing up with different Disney movies, specifically Disney-Pixar movies. These are STILL Disney movies and children LOVE them. It is only LOGICAL for Disney to begin updating their park to movies that are loved by so many children today.
                So if Davy Crocket became big again, should Disney build a Davy Crocket attraction in the Pacific Warf section of Disney's California Adventure? Only one PIXAR film makes any mention of California and that is Cars. I think that is what most people miss in both sides of the argument. Everything has its proper place, which means not shoving cartoons in any land or only in Fantasyland.

Comment

Lassiter is a god! --Have you seen any Pixar movies---Why would Disney not basically turn it into Pixarland! ----When each movie clears 250 million --it is a no Brainer and so far the Pixar based attractions have been good. Without Pixar rides we get Superstar Limo.

A love of Disney that sometimes borders on the edge of crazy ---but I'm okay with that

http://braddisneylandblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by brad chowen View Post
                    Lassiter is a god! --Have you seen any Pixar movies---Why would Disney not basically turn it into Pixarland! ----When each movie clears 250 million --it is a no Brainer and so far the Pixar based attractions have been good. Without Pixar rides we get Superstar Limo.

Or Test Track, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours, Mr. Toad, Splash Mountain, ....do I really need to list every fun ride that Disney has created without Pixar? And as far as "good attractions" go, most people I know thought Monsters Inc was just alright. I mean, it uses the same basic technology as the Fantasyland rides....and those use technology that is over 25 years old. And the fact you are shown the movie, then 3 seconds later you see that exact scene again. What happened to Lasseter's creativity?
                    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Originally posted by Professortango View Post
                      Or Test Track, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones Adventure, Star Tours, Mr. Toad, Splash Mountain, ....do I really need to list every fun ride that Disney has created without Pixar? And as far as "good attractions" go, most people I know thought Monsters Inc was just alright. I mean, it uses the same basic technology as the Fantasyland rides....and those use technology that is over 25 years old. And the fact you are shown the movie, then 3 seconds later you see that exact scene again. What happened to Lasseter's creativity?
                      1) Sorry, but none of those rides you listed could be taken out of Disneyland and fit into Superstar Limo :lol:

2) Was Lassiter the one who thought up the Monsters Inc. Ride?

3) What happened to his creativity? The real question is; What happened to Disney's creativity?

Comment

Quote of the day:

Me, I'll trust JL for now. I think he gets it.
                        Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X