Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Disneyland shopping..

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about Disneyland shopping..

    Hey everybody!!! So my trip to Disney is almost here!!!! Only 10 days now I am really excited about the actual Disneyland part and Im also excited about the shopping part. I have actually saved up this time to do some damage there that I usually dont do. My question for you shoppers is...how is the young lady selection right now? Its been a couple years for me and last time I went I didnt see much. Just a lot of touristy stuff. Has anyone seen the Disney Couture and Disney Vintage line for sale in shops?? Or the Disney Couture jewelry?? Thanks in advance!!!
    "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
    Kidada Jones

  • #2
    Re: Question about Disneyland shopping..

    Originally posted by crystalzi View Post
    Hey everybody!!! So my trip to Disney is almost here!!!! Only 10 days now I am really excited about the actual Disneyland part and Im also excited about the shopping part. I have actually saved up this time to do some damage there that I usually dont do. My question for you shoppers is...how is the young lady selection right now? Its been a couple years for me and last time I went I didnt see much. Just a lot of touristy stuff. Has anyone seen the Disney Couture and Disney Vintage line for sale in shops?? Or the Disney Couture jewelry?? Thanks in advance!!!
    The Disney Vintage and Couture merch is quite pricey. I know a lot of it is upwards of $85 a shirt, but some of the shirts come withe some sort of matching accessory: a charm bracelet, or necklace.

    I'm not sure on how the prices vary from shirt to shirt - since I'm not a girl, I haven't really looked into any of the clothes in the line... but a colleague I visited the parks with in the past looked at a couple pieces.

    How long will you be on vacation? the new Disney Vault 28 opens October 3, and would suit your interests quite well, however, if you're visiting September 28 just for a day or two, you'll probably miss it's grand opening.

    The Disney Vintage and Couture line sells at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney...

    There are some girl shirts sold throughout the parks as well, but as you said, many of them are "touristy" style-designs.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question about Disneyland shopping..

      Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
      The Disney Vintage and Couture merch is quite pricey. I know a lot of it is upwards of $85 a shirt, but some of the shirts come withe some sort of matching accessory: a charm bracelet, or necklace.

      I'm not sure on how the prices vary from shirt to shirt - since I'm not a girl, I haven't really looked into any of the clothes in the line... but a colleague I visited the parks with in the past looked at a couple pieces.

      How long will you be on vacation? the new Disney Vault 28 opens October 3, and would suit your interests quite well, however, if you're visiting September 28 just for a day or two, you'll probably miss it's grand opening.

      The Disney Vintage and Couture line sells at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney...

      There are some girl shirts sold throughout the parks as well, but as you said, many of them are "touristy" style-designs.
      Yeah they can be pretty pricy. I own several pieces and just love them. I usually have to buy DC through stores like delias and disneyshopping. I was hoping they would have pieces that are maybe exclusive to the parks or some things I have not seen anywhere online. I was planning on going September 27th thru the 28th. Is October 3rd the official date?? Maybe I could change my plans a little for that.
      "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
      Kidada Jones

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question about Disneyland shopping..

        Originally posted by crystalzi View Post
        Yeah they can be pretty pricy. I own several pieces and just love them. I usually have to buy DC through stores like delias and disneyshopping. I was hoping they would have pieces that are maybe exclusive to the parks or some things I have not seen anywhere online. I was planning on going September 27th thru the 28th. Is October 3rd the official date?? Maybe I could change my plans a little for that.
        MousePlanet.com recently noted in their 9/5 DLR Update:
        ...Disney's Vault 28, the new high-end Disney clothing store for DCA will open in the first week of October, most likely on October 3. This opening was described as a "soft opening," the meaning of which is unclear since it isn't like they'll open and find that a lift chain is breaking a lot or the front door is difficult to open and the store needs to close for another week for tweaking. Most likely it means that October 3 is a soft target in case final construction is completed.
        So take that for what it's worth... Disney hasn't announced an official open-date, but in the AP newsletter it says "Disney Vault 28 set to open in October"

        MousePlanet ususally has pretty solid info, so I'd assume the October 3 opening date is pretty accurate.

        Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question about Disneyland shopping..

          Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
          MousePlanet.com recently noted in their 9/5 DLR Update:


          So take that for what it's worth... Disney hasn't announced an official open-date, but in the AP newsletter it says "Disney Vault 28 set to open in October"

          MousePlanet ususally has pretty solid info, so I'd assume the October 3 opening date is pretty accurate.
          wow thanks for that!!!! I will probably try to change my date then just in case. I really want to try to be there for the opening! Im sure it will be a mad house though.
          "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
          Kidada Jones

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question about Disneyland shopping..

            Originally posted by crystalzi View Post
            wow thanks for that!!!! I will probably try to change my date then just in case. I really want to try to be there for the opening! Im sure it will be a mad house though.
            Good luck

            Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question about Disneyland shopping..

              bumping this in case anyone else has any input.
              "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
              Kidada Jones

              Comment

              Ad Widget

              Collapse
              Working...
              X