replied
    Re: Traffic Troubles

^^very very true. Good point.

Leave a comment:

• judimouse
    replied

Originally posted by frecky View Post
    I use this to, but since hes coming from somewhere that takes several hours, the traffic could be DRASTICALLY different by the time he reaches down here.
    That's true but they can check, for several days, traffic patterns and freeway choices to pick a good time to leave NoCal.

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by judimouse View Post
    Maybe this will help some of you. It's the last thing I check before leaving for DL.

http://www.sigalert.com/map.asp?Region=Orange+County

There are other counties on the website.
    I use this to, but since hes coming from somewhere that takes several hours, the traffic could be DRASTICALLY different by the time he reaches down here.

Leave a comment:

• spunkymonkey
    replied

If its on the weekend I take the 210 to the 57 south, exit Ball. Or you can take the 5 south to the 710 south, 91 east to the 5 south.

Usually the stretch between the 605 and the 91 on the 5 fwy is the most congested part. it goes from a 5 lane fwy to a 3 lane, with a lot of trucks merging on.

Leave a comment:

• judimouse
    replied

Maybe this will help some of you. It's the last thing I check before leaving for DL.

http://www.sigalert.com/map.asp?Region=Orange+County

There are other counties on the website.

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied

We need a bullet train in california.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

OK then - you may want to stay on the 5 all the way south - you can then merge to the 405S-110N-91E-5S. If you want to avoid the 405 you can use the 210E the 605S or th 57S etc. YOu have many choices.

All SoCal freeways have traffic at various times. The 605 is getting as bad for trucks as the 710. The 405 has construction on the westside (between the Sepulveda pass and the Marina Fwy) - the 210 can be bad anytime - its really a crap shoot.

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
    Where are you coming from? That would help with determining which route you would take.
    The Sacramento vacinity.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Can't you take i5 to the 405 to the 91 to i5 again?
    Not when coming down the 101 (coastal route) - the 5 is the inland route and the 101 and the 5 do not intersect. You can come down the 5 inland - merge to 405 south and then continue on (110N; 91E; 5S).

I never drive the inland route - so someone please verify this.

Where are you coming from? That would help with determining which route you would take.

Try this: http://www.bigbearyellowpages.com/Ja...rts/ca_ap.html
    click on the different areas - it shows the freeways pretty well
    Last edited by minnietoo; 09-21-2006, 07:32 AM. Reason: add hyperlink

Leave a comment:

• elly
    replied

when i've driven down from here in Reno i've always taken I5 all the way. yeah there's the usual workday traffic, but hell the traffic in LA is WAYYYYY!!! easier to deal with than traffic here in Reno. At least people in so cal know how to drive in heavy traffic and don't come to complete stops on the onramps for NO APPARANT REASON like they do here....idiots

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
    If you coming down 101 to 405 - I would then get on the 110 N to the 91 east then the 5 south. There is a carpool lane on the 91 and the 5 between the 91 and DL has been greatly improved so there is very little traffic.
    Can't you take i5 to the 405 to the 91 to i5 again?

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    From Northern California, as far as I'm concerned, you have two options. (I've never even heard of some of the freeways suggested!)

5 south all the way

101 south to 5 south (via 134 east)

101 south to 405 south to 10 east to 5 south.

OK. THREE options!

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice. You'll hit traffic or you won't.

If you coming down 101 to 405 - I would then get on the 110 N to the 91 east then the 5 south. There is a carpool lane on the 91 and the 5 between the 91 and DL has been greatly improved so there is very little traffic. Taking the 10 brings you through downtown LA and this can really slow you down. Beware however of traffic in Santa Barbarba - although when I came through there on Sunday there was NO traffic between SLO and the Southbay.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Chaney
    replied

From Northern California, as far as I'm concerned, you have two options. (I've never even heard of some of the freeways suggested!)

5 south all the way

101 south to 5 south (via 134 east)

101 south to 405 south to 10 east to 5 south.

OK. THREE options!

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer choice. You'll hit traffic or you won't.

Leave a comment:

• Lore
    replied

I've noticed unusual traffic from the 101 to 91 along the 5 as well. Not sure why, but there's some contruction on off ramps that might explain it. Hopefully it'll go back to normal when they finish. If not, I think they should add a few lanes to it.

Leave a comment:

• Pisces
    replied

Do yourself a favor and stay off the I-5.

You could take the Garden Grove freeway (22) and get off at State College Blvd, which moves pretty fast. State College has synchronized lights. Take State College down to Katella and make a left. Katella will take you into the resort.

Also the 91 hits State College, but the 91 has traffic.

Also, Chapman Avenue is pretty fast, if you decide you don't like Katella.

Chapman to Harbor and up to the resort.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

True true... Los Angeles County doesn't have the initiative funding needed to expand the freeway from the county line. Once you get to the Orange County line, it clears up nicely. I'd redirect you to the 57, if the traffic is THAT bad.

Normally I go W10-S215-W91-S57-Ball (even further inland)

Leave a comment:

• aerinpegadrak
    replied

Originally posted by claribella View Post
    I'm sorry and forgive me if I'm out of line but can I assume the loss in your family is not a close family member? Because if I lost a CLOSE family member Disneyland would be the LAST thing on my mind.

Forgive me if I offend you with that question. I was just curious.
    The night of my little sister's car accident, when all we knew was that she was in a coma and her neck was broken, I went straight to Disneyland. I had been planning to go anyway before I got the call, but once I heard the news, it became a need. I don't think I could have dealt with it any other way. It doesn't seem that unusual to me.

I take the 10 to the 57 and get off at Katella, but I'm coming from farther inland than The Mad Hatter.

Leave a comment:

• CA_Man_In_HI
    replied

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Northern California
    If you're using the 5 to get down, then I recommend the 5 south to the 2 towards Pasadena (which I believe is just before the exit for Dodger Stadium), and then take the 210 towards San Bernadino(which runs kinda parallel to the 5) to 57 west, pull off on either Ball or Katella and you're there. It might be a little bit out of the way, but if there's heavy traffic it beats sitting still for a few hours. Some of you true Los Angelinos can say if this is as effecient as it seems to be in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Leofoenget
    replied

Originally posted by spunkymonkey View Post
    I drive the 5 every day for work, from Glendale to Irvine. Where exactly are you hitting the traffic, I may have some alternates.
    How long will it take to drive from Burbank airport to Disneyland on a typical Wed evening around 6. I am hoping NO LONGER than 90 min? Am I in for a HUGE shock??

thanks

Leave a comment:

• RetroMousie
    replied

You don't say from where in Northern California you are starting, but, have you considered driving down the 405 and then cutting over on the 55? It will take you below Disneyland but unless you are driving at 3 p.m. or later there wont be traffic and there is a great car pool lane that swings you over the 55 to 5 transition and then exits you right into the Timon lot ( if it is open this is ideal). I am not a freeway maven, so no promises.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X