This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disrespect To CM's

I was at Disneyland yesterday, and ther were several incidents in which CM's were disrespected at Disneyland. The first was before the preview of the Parade of Dreams started. An older woman (I'd say late 40's early 50's) climbed onto a planter that was behind fencing by Tomorrowland. I watched her wobble and clutch her husband for dear life and thought, "Great, another lawsuit for Disney because of this genuis." Not to mention the fact that everyone behind her had their view obstructed. So a few minutes later a CM comes by and tells her that she has to get off the planter. She was very polite and unthreatening. The lady snapped! She basically said "whatever" and ignored the CM. The CM then told us that if we need any further help she would be right behind us. 2 minutes later the woman gets off the planter... What a jerk. Get mad at the CM for doing her job when you

A) Endangered yourself by stepping over a fence and stood on a planter. (If she would have fallen, her neck would have landed right over the fence...)

B) Are obstructing everyone elses view...

THEN there were these two characters that got on Star Tours. The guy was young, probably a 19 - 21 year old, and he was with a girl. That were so loud and causing problems before we even loaded the Star Speeder! He had a "Blaster" with him and kept acting like a little child. As we walked onboard, and got seated, a CM came in to give us the whole safety spiel, and the whole time the guy was making noise and bothering other people. He started pointing his gun around and when the CM asked to hold it until he got off the ride he began arguing saying "It's not a gun, it's a Blaster", and she was trying so hard to stay polite. Then to top it all off... HE SPOKE THE ENTIRE NARRATION FROM BEGINNING TO END. He never stopped talking during the whole attraction! And when there wasn't any narration, he talked as loud as he could about whatever! Absolutely horrible...

Last story, I promise! . My girlfriend and I had gotten to the park early because I had never been ther when the park first opened. We were right there at the rop about 30 min. before the park's official opening. A premium AP holder asked if he could get Early Admission like the hotel guests, but when he was told no, he made this big fuss saying "You buy a freakin' $230 pass, and you can't even get in early? Unbelievable!". Then he stormed off. I thought to myself, I paid $330!, then I thought, "I hope I don't ever become like that!"

So, does this happen often? This is the first time I've really seen it, so I don't think it's THAT common, but man, the audacity of some people!

THANK YOU TO ALL THE CM'S THAT WORK SO HARD TO CREATE A MAGICIAL ENVIORNMENT!

I like to read stories like this. It makes me laugh AT the people, but i hate it when i'm around it at the parks. It really irks me....erks me...urks...yuo get the idea. Isn't there a new stand at the gates where park guests are allowed to check in their brains for the day so they don't have to carry them around and use them?

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

"You buy a freakin' $230 pass, and you can't even get in early? Unbelievable!".

well, when you stay at the hotel for one night, maybe 2...you are paying more than the price of an AP. The AP is a deal at that price for a full year. The Disney Hotel Guests should have certain perks for staying there. AP's probably just buy the annual pass, drive from home, and rarely spend much money in the park. Probably a good amount of them bring their own food, drinks, etc. So yeah, he shouldn't be complaining.

Comment

I used to have a few problem guests when doing crowd control on Main Street for Spectromagic at WDW back in '93. My favorite - this guy kept putting his kid up on the lightpost whenever I would turn away, and would remove him again once he saw me coming. So, after about 3 attempts, I finally stood right next to him and said, "Looks like a great night to watch the parade. I think I'll stand right here." He wasn't amused, but I sure was!
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
          So, after about 3 attempts, I finally stood right next to him and said, "Looks like a great night to watch the parade. I think I'll stand right here." He wasn't amused, but I sure was!
          Way to go! I probably would have laughed to see this happening. It's ridiculous that people don't realize how stupid their behavior can be.
          Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
          WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
          :love:Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006! :love:

Comment

Umm..I would like to say as CM...we are used to rude people. As a security Cm I have to put up with alot.

You should have seen me one night last month when I brought my Mom to the handicapped section at Fantasmic! (the worse viewing area), some woman refused to sit down, all these people in wheelchairs behind and she wouldn't sit, I went and got the CM working the area, he told me that It didn't matter and walked away......That was my last straw, I told the woman to either sit down or step to the back...She moved(guess I have an authoritive voice ) and I found the Fantasmic! lead (a friend of mine)..... :devil:
            Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

Comment

Hehehehehe! Thats awesome, I'll just stand heree hehehe.... I'd love to of seen that guys face!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
              ~

Comment

People being rude to CM's is far from rare. I had several horrible people and yes, working Guest Control is the worst! But the nice people far outnumber the mean and I would go back to work there in a heartbeat!
                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

When I go to DL, I always see at least two people who are so rude, you just feel like walking up to them and slapping them across the face for ruining such a magical place.... But then, you would be ruining it more! So I calm myself down. hehe
                  Wow, If I was on that Star Tours ride, I would have flipped out.

Comment

I hate to see guests behaving badly, and let's face it, 80% of them do in some way or another, even when it comes to stroller etiquette and jostling through crowds. I too have seen many diligent castmembers being treated unfairly by angry, frustrated or just plain stupid guests, and I feel for them when I en****er this.

However, I need to add a word for the people who may be perceived like this when it isn't deserved. We all know not all castmembers are letter-perfect and I myself have encountered service at times that was totally unacceptable. On my last trip in April, I was waited on by a castmember so grumpy, so sour, and finally so downright rude, that I couldn't help but utter loudly, "You know you could have been a little friendlier! Thanks a lot!" or something to that effect.

I would hope that the people standing close by wouldn't have viewed me with the same distaste as the rude guests mentioned above, because in a case like that, the castmember deserved the comment she got because she was shaming the quality name of Disney to begin with with her horrible level of service.

Thankfully, incidents with rude castmembers like this one seems to be getting fewer and fewer since the Pressler/Harris days, thank goodness! I think we should all applaud the Disney castmembers who truly strive to make the park such a magical place! Thanks to all of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Lover
                      ... and I feel for them when I en****er this. ...
                      Haha... you typed en****er instead of encounter!!

Does this work with all curse words found inside other non-curse words? How cumbersome.
                      Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                      Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                      May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Obviously not ....
                        Originally posted by drunkmom
                        this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

En****er...encounter...I don't know why that happened! I swear I never touched the * button!

Comment

I would guess that what you wrote was construed as a baaaad word by the computer.
                            Originally posted by drunkmom
                            this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I have only had one CM be rude to me, I just shrugged my shoulder and left. Otherwise, my daughter and I have always enjoyed the CM's we've met, but we enjoy the Park so much....doesn't seem to faze us!
                              Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                              it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I would have thrown coins hard at the chump ruining Star Tours for me and then would have maintained eye contact if he turned around and looked at me so that he knew it was me. People like that are chumps and usually very cowardly when confronted. I love putting them in their place.

Comment

People just don't judge well. Chucking an object at an offender's head works

What I hate is when a baby screams throughout an entire ride, or a movie, etc... I don't blame the child or the parents though (it must be awfully exasperating and embarassing for the parents, and hey, a kid unhappy just stinks).

Comment

yeah... you have no idea how much this happens. My CM firend was a victim of projectile spitting as well as countless verbal assaults... ALL IN ONE NIGHT! And this usually happens on a day to day basis (not the spitting.. but the screaming). Fantasmic really knows how to bring this out in guests.

Comment

Ya know, it happens. But I'd say that there are relatively few disrespectful guests in ratio. I can honestly say I only had a small handful of them... mostly during private parties (The Home Depot party was pretty bad- actually no, more like a nightmare). I always found it was pretty easy to turn an unhappy guest into a happy one if given the opportunity. This is not to say I wasn't visibly irked when I had a guest throw a sweatshirt at me and say "Here, gives ya something to do!" after she'd fully wrecked my nice cleanly folded pile. She'd pulled it from the bottom.

Comment

I want to say that I give all my respect to the CM's that work there, and I show it when in the park. A big thank you to everyone that plays a part in making my stay enjoyable. I just wish the rest of the park attendants had the same attitude, then CM's would be all that much more happy

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X