Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Backseats Open On Splash Mountian?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Backseats Open On Splash Mountian?

    I was about to get on Splash Mountian when a group of women and their children got on the log. At first I thought there were too many people and that they'd have to ride seperately, but they just got into the backseat! I thought for sure the CM loading the ride would have said something, but he was pretty much mute for the whole experience, he didn't even give a safety spiel or anything!

    My girlfriend and I then got on our own log and he placed us at the very front... That scared me because there were only two of us in the log and we were at the front of it. I foresaw some kind of accident with the log flipping over...

    Anyway, as we got to the lift before the final drop, you guessed it, the ride stalled. We heard someone assure us that everything was going to be ok, and this guy appeared out of the darkness. I was so happy because I thought I was going to get to experience the elusive "special exit tour", but alas, after a few moments and rear ends from other logs later, we proceeded up the hill. I have a picture of the full capacity log on my cell phone, and I'll post it as soon as I figure out how!

    Also, is it just me or is Splash Mountian just plain ROUGH on the corners? Everytime we hit a wall, it felt like a sledgehammer! And the drops were very painful as well!

  • #2
    if the log is full or empty it gets that feeling.... (i thought they fixed the back seat problems...)

    Comment


    • #3
      Well, it is possible that the ride just happened to have an issue at that moment ... it does happen ya know ... everything I have heard is that they have fixed the issue but I could see that there could be a problem if a log were slipping on the tread hill because then a sensor would shut the ride down.
      Originally posted by drunkmom
      this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


      Comment


      • #4
        I rode SM last Sunday and I got SOAKED. Literally drenched. My sweater/pants/hair was dripping wet. And as I was in the front seat, I saw how low the front of the log was dipping into the water. At least halfway. Boat with six adults. I don't like the new logs at all.
        Member of the Disney Class of 2005
        Disneyland CM for 4 years.
        May 6, 2005 - present.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by melmel
          I rode SM last Sunday and I got SOAKED. Literally drenched. My sweater/pants/hair was dripping wet. And as I was in the front seat, I saw how low the front of the log was dipping into the water. At least halfway. Boat with six adults. I don't like the new logs at all.
          I love them because that is what Splash Mountain is suppost to do get you wet. The old logs used to do this when they had 7 people in the logs. When they changed it to 5 the amount of wetness went down to a mist.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Disneyfreak
            I love them because that is what Splash Mountain is suppost to do get you wet. The old logs used to do this when they had 7 people in the logs. When they changed it to 5 the amount of wetness went down to a mist.
            I prefer a light mist. If I wanted to get drenched, I'd ride GRR. Sure, a SPLASH here or there is nice, but I got hit by a WAVE at one point, which soaked THROUGH my sweater and THROUGH the shirt underneath it. It soaked THROUGH my heavy-fabric purse and waterstained my park map/schedule. I mean, yeesh. This was GRR-like.
            Member of the Disney Class of 2005
            Disneyland CM for 4 years.
            May 6, 2005 - present.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by melmel
              I prefer a light mist. If I wanted to get drenched, I'd ride GRR. Sure, a SPLASH here or there is nice, but I got hit by a WAVE at one point, which soaked THROUGH my sweater and THROUGH the shirt underneath it. It soaked THROUGH my heavy-fabric purse and waterstained my park map/schedule. I mean, yeesh. This was GRR-like.
              Amen! I love splash mt but not to get soaked! I like the fall and the music . Mist for me too.
              "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

              Comment


              • #8
                It is called SPLASH mountain ... it's supposed to get you wet ..........
                Originally posted by drunkmom
                this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s


                Comment


                • #9
                  I've seen pictures on another site of the backseat being used

                  Comment

                  Ad Widget

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X