X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ghoofie
    replied
    Re: E Ticket Magazine

[quote=oldhotelguy;1032974]On the subject of the E Ticket magazine, can anybody tell me their favorite issue or favorite part of the magazine? I always love the Wings Over Disneyland pictures and the picture of Walt on the back cover. I used to love the classifieds and the forum section as well.

/quote]

While not having a favorite issue, I miss the mailbag section.
    It was fun to read what other readers had to say.

Leave a comment:

• oldhotelguy
    replied

On the subject of the E Ticket magazine, can anybody tell me their favorite issue or favorite part of the magazine? I always love the Wings Over Disneyland pictures and the picture of Walt on the back cover. I used to love the classifieds and the forum section as well.

www.magicalhotel.com

Leave a comment:

• ejw
    replied

Thanks. They were a lot of fun to make.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Jr.
    replied

Check out their new bars. (See Signature)

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

Originally posted by ejw View Post
    The latest E-Ticket inspired me to post some of my Disneyland models online here.
    It also inspired you to come out of the shadows and post for the first time. Welcome aboard...

this crazy train!

Leave a comment:

• Hilsbro
    replied

Originally posted by ejw View Post
    The latest E-Ticket inspired me to post some of my Disneyland models online here.

Wow....Those are so darn awsome!!!

Leave a comment:

• ejw
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barfownz
    replied

Thanks, i'll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Earkid
    replied

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
    52nd? I'm so confused. I thought it was their 51st?
    Think of it this way........the day after you turn 50 you are into your 51st year. So DL turned 51 on July 17, 2006 and is now into its 52nd year.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Earkid
    replied

How can i purchase E-Ticket Magizine?
    Here is their website. You can also order some back issues that are still in stock and the very first issues (1-8 and 9-16) on CD-ROM.

Leave a comment:

• barfownz
    replied

Originally posted by Circarama View Post
    Disneyland started it's 52nd year on July 18, 2006
    52nd? I'm so confused. I thought it was their 51st?

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    ...isn't it the 51st year?...I'm so confused..
    Disneyland started it's 52nd year on July 18, 2006

Leave a comment:

• SCUBAbe
    replied

I just finished reading the model shop. except for a few typos what really struck me was the line about it being DL 52nd year...isn't it the 51st year?...I'm so confused..

I really enjoyed all the articles though and the pictures.

Leave a comment:

• JJ61
    replied

I'm not sure of the Micechat rules here, so just Google it.

Leave a comment:

• barfownz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Circarama
    replied

Funny that this subject has come up. I just started re-reading my collection starting with issue #6 (Advetureland).
    Last night I was reading issue 7 about Marc Davis. This was the Janzens first big interview with a Disney Legend and you can tell just from reading the articles that they are totally pumped aboput this interview. (As a sidebar, did anyone get the impression from that article that Marc Davis was bragging quite a bit too much about his input at Disneyland after he showed up?)
    It was nice to see the growth of the E-Ticket of the years. Such a shame about Leon though... no slam against Jack, but Leon wrote some great articles. Now, it's all on Jacks shoulders. I'm grateful that he is still putting out the magazine.
    Without the E-Ticket I would never have learned as much about Walt Disney, Disneyland and the people that built it!
    Thanks for the heads-up about a new issue, I was beginning to wonder if Jack was going to hang it up.

Leave a comment:

• Saddlesore Swanson
    replied

Originally posted by JJ61 View Post
    I hear ya. However I prefer to buy direct from the publisher. That way they get all the $$. ...
    Excellent point you made about the $$ going directly to Janzen & Co. That might make me rethink my E Ticket buying habits... However, I have picked up a couple hundred dollars worth of back issues from them directly, so I can proudly say I've supported this great publiciation.

My first issue, btw, goes all the way back to #5, with 20,000 leagues on the cover, from '88 when I was 12 years old! Unfortunately, I fell out of collecting E Tickets in the '90s, but I'm paying for it now, with the back issues direct and the ones on eBay!

Leave a comment:

• JJ61
    replied

Originally posted by Saddlesore Swanson View Post
    I prefer to pick it up there instead of subscribing -- gives me something to look for every DL visit.
    I hear ya. However I prefer to buy direct from the publisher. That way they get all the $$. As noted earlier, this is a family-run business, started by two brothers who just loved Disneyland. As fans, we are all lucky to have such a professionally-produced and affordable resource for Disneyland history.
    I started with issue #40 (which I think I may have heard about on the Miceage website) and then bought all the back issues avaialble direct from the publisher. Then I scoured Ebay for the out of print issues and have all dating back to Issue #9 (small fortune, let me tell you).

Leave a comment:

• TheDude
    replied

I just got mine last week.

it was the model shop. I havn't read it yet.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Jr.
    replied

What is the latest issue? When will there be a CBJ issue?

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X