Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"cm's like me" pins

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • "cm's like me" pins

    we bought some pins that say "cms like me make this......the happest place on earth" . I would love to get more but lost my computer and thus who I got them from. If you know or if you ARE him please pm me or reply here we really enjoy the face of a cm when we have handed them out!

  • #2
    Re: "cm's like me" pins

    That is a really neat idea!!! And what a way to make someones day. (or at least it would make mine!! If I worked there).


    Comment


    • #3
      Re: "cm's like me" pins

      Funny. I thought you wanted them to say "CM's LIKE me." :lmao:

      Jay Rasulo could use one of those.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: "cm's like me" pins

        CMs don't care too much for me.

        Ok... that's a lie.

        They just barely know me. I'm just more of a temporary annoyance.
        Last edited by FrumiousBoojum; 09-22-2006, 07:19 AM.
        -Tim

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: "cm's like me" pins

          Hate to break it to you, but there is NO way they'd wear them due a ton of rules, even if they did want to. If you really want to compliment a CM on a job well done, put in a compliment at city hall. It's very rare and means a lot.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: "cm's like me" pins

            The only pins we can wear on our costumes are your nametag, service pin and Spirit of Disneyland pin. (If awarded one) And since 9-11 you can wear an American flag pin. (regular flag or Mickey flag)

            Technically we can not accept gifts from guest. You have to refuse 3 times. If the guest still insist you take the gift and turn in into a lead or manager.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: "cm's like me" pins

              We have a little MC FOCM (Friends of Cast Members) group. There are buttons available to purchase on the MC cafepress site. I've given out several to CM's & have never had a problem. I don't expect them to wear it on their costume- it's just kind of a nice gesture to hand it to them. Of course, I also give compliments at City Hall if a CM is really great!
              <o>

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                Originally posted by Disnerd View Post
                The only pins we can wear on our costumes are your nametag, service pin and Spirit of Disneyland pin. (If awarded one) And since 9-11 you can wear an American flag pin. (regular flag or Mickey flag)
                Wearing a flag on costumes seem inappropriate to me for several reasons...1) destroys the illusion of fantasy. Who wants to go to DL to be reminded of 9/11 and political agendas?? What will be next? CM's wearing rosaries and crucifixes??? 2) you as a CM have to deal with an international audience, so why push the american flag and political agendas attached to them on guests' playtime? Just to name a few...

                Technically we can not accept gifts from guest. You have to refuse 3 times. If the guest still insist you take the gift and turn in into a lead or manager.
                Yeah right. You will do that when you are presented with a $5 tip for good service in a non-tippable role, and your hourly wage is only $1.50 more than that.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                  I thought cast members could trade pins. .


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                    This is from the Disneyland Cast Portal module on Cast costuming:

                    Pins and Buttons
                    The Company from time to time will make available to Cast Members pins or buttons celebrating a holiday, major Resort event, or special promotion. In addition to the nametag and the nametag pins described above, up to two separate approved Company-issued pins/buttons may be worn directly on the costume. A Cast Member may also elect to wear a discreet American flag pin, no larger than the size of a quarter. Pins or buttons should be worn on the upper right shoulder area opposite the nametag, although this placement may occasionally vary due to costume design.
                    Any request to allow a pin or button to be worn on the costume must be approved in advance by the Cast Costuming Team. Following approval, a pin or button may be worn for the duration of the event or celebration, often for the day of issue only.

                    I don't make the rules I was just reporting on what they are. As for taking tips when in a non tip able position I have seen CMs suspended for being seen taking tips.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                      Wearing an American flag is having a political agenda? ooookay.
                      And seeing the flag reminds me of fireworks and hot dogs, not death and destruction.
                      Good morning, son
                      In twenty years from now
                      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                      And I can tell you 'bout today
                      And how I picked you up and everything changed
                      It was pain
                      Sunny days and rain
                      I knew you'd feel the same things...


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                        Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Yeah right. You will do that when you are presented with a $5 tip for good service in a non-tippable role, and your hourly wage is only $1.50 more than that.
                        Yes, they do. And, when they turn it into the leads, it is donated to one of Disney's volunteer organizations. They will be suspended or fired (depending on their status) if they fail to do this. And they have shoppers who will test on these items.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                          Originally posted by DisneylandorBust View Post
                          I thought cast members could trade pins. .
                          Cast members may volunteer to be "Pin traders". Certain leads are required to be pin traders. When they do this, they have guidelines to follow. They check out a lanyard with a specific number of pins. They may only trade genuine Disney pins. At the end of their shift, the lanyard is returned and checked in. It needs to have the same number of pins on it that it was checked out with.
                          If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                            Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                            Wearing an American flag is having a political agenda? ooookay.
                            And seeing the flag reminds me of fireworks and hot dogs, not death and destruction.
                            Sadly, we are in the minority against the rest of the World who have a different opinion about that.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                              Originally posted by Disnerd View Post
                              The only pins we can wear on our costumes are your nametag, service pin and Spirit of Disneyland pin. (If awarded one) And since 9-11 you can wear an American flag pin. (regular flag or Mickey flag)

                              Technically we can not accept gifts from guest. You have to refuse 3 times. If the guest still insist you take the gift and turn in into a lead or manager.
                              really , ? you can not accept gifts? thats just sad

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                                Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                Wearing a flag on costumes seem inappropriate to me for several reasons...1) destroys the illusion of fantasy. Who wants to go to DL to be reminded of 9/11 and political agendas?? What will be next? CM's wearing rosaries and crucifixes??? 2) you as a CM have to deal with an international audience, so why push the american flag and political agendas attached to them on guests' playtime? Just to name a few...

                                Wow. Just wow.

                                As long as we're at it, I guess you would want them to take the flag down from Mainstreet Town Square as well. We wouldn't want the "International audience" to get the wrong idea.

                                And while we're on the subject...WHAT was Disneyland dedicated to again...you know...on that plaque?

                                Oh I remember...

                                Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America

                                But gosh....we better not put an AMERICAN flag on our lapel. What would people think? Cinderella, obviously, shouldn't have one. But CM's working in stores? In fact, ANY of the CM's who currently are wearing lanyards with pins on them...what's the big deal if they have a flag pin?

                                And just HOW is that pushing "an agenda on their playtime?"

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                                  Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                                  Wow. Just wow.

                                  As long as we're at it, I guess you would want them to take the flag down from Mainstreet Town Square as well. We wouldn't want the "International audience" to get the wrong idea.

                                  And while we're on the subject...WHAT was Disneyland dedicated to again...you know...on that plaque?

                                  Oh I remember...

                                  Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America

                                  But gosh....we better not put an AMERICAN flag on our lapel. What would people think? Cinderella, obviously, shouldn't have one. But CM's working in stores? In fact, ANY of the CM's who currently are wearing lanyards with pins on them...what's the big deal if they have a flag pin?

                                  And just HOW is that pushing "an agenda on their playtime?"
                                  THANK YOU Localdisnyfan !!!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: &quot;cm's like me&quot; pins

                                    Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
                                    Wow. Just wow.

                                    As long as we're at it, I guess you would want them to take the flag down from Mainstreet Town Square as well. We wouldn't want the "International audience" to get the wrong idea.

                                    And while we're on the subject...WHAT was Disneyland dedicated to again...you know...on that plaque?

                                    Oh I remember...

                                    Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America

                                    But gosh....we better not put an AMERICAN flag on our lapel. What would people think? Cinderella, obviously, shouldn't have one. But CM's working in stores? In fact, ANY of the CM's who currently are wearing lanyards with pins on them...what's the big deal if they have a flag pin?

                                    And just HOW is that pushing "an agenda on their playtime?"
                                    Well written post. You changed my mind with your eloquency. Bring on the flag pins.

                                    Comment

                                    Get Away Today Footer

                                    Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X