• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always go in the left side and out the other side
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Left! The Firetruck picks you up on that side! One of our favorite things to do when entering the Park!
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

WOW, I thought the ONLY way was to enter Disneyland was on the right (east)side and out on the left(west) side. The bathrooms are on the right on the way in, and my wife always needs a bathroom.
        But it's more than that... Entering on the right allows me to see the west side of townsquare, such as city hall, the firehouse(and apartment) and the whole townsquare from the east. Hence, the sun is at my back and I can take it all in, in one breathtaking view.
        If I enter on the west side, I am seeing city hall, the firehouse and Walts apartment and townsquare so close-up that I can't really appreciate them the way that I think they were meant to be seen, as a wonderful :bow: snapshot of Mainstreet USA. Plus, entering on the west side means that if I look to the east across townsquare that I will be squinting into the sunlight .
        Try it sometime from the right side, you might be suprised.
        JMO
        Charlie :wave:
        MiceChat User #1037

Comment

I believe you'll find a similar poll and discussion in the archives. There seems to be a definate preference for the left side (near the firehouse) entrance. I find myself leaning this direction. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that we approach the turnstiles from that side and head toward the nearest tunnel. Though, time when I've entered a turnstile nearer the righthand tunnel, I still feel myself drawn to the left tunnel. Somehow it feels "wrong" to enter from the right. (I guess if this is the extent of my OCD, I'm doing OK.) I also think you get a better first look at Main Street from the left tunnel.
          "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
          -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Chaney
            I believe you'll find a similar poll and discussion in the archives. There seems to be a definate preference for the left side (near the firehouse) entrance. I find myself leaning this direction. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with the fact that we approach the turnstiles from that side and head toward the nearest tunnel. Though, time when I've entered a turnstile nearer the righthand tunnel, I still feel myself drawn to the left tunnel. Somehow it feels "wrong" to enter from the right. (I guess if this is the extent of my OCD, I'm doing OK.) I also think you get a better first look at Main Street from the left tunnel.
            NOOOOOOO... you're wrong, wrong wrong, all wrong!!
            MiceChat User #1037

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama
              NOOOOOOO... you're wrong, wrong wrong, all wrong!!
              Actually, Circ... it's good that you always go in on the right and I always go in on the left. It creates a critical balance. Otherwise The Matterhorn would fall down and Harbor Blvd. would disappear into a large sinkhole.
              :lol:
              "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

Comment

Actually, Circ... it's good that you always go in on the right and I always go in on the left. It creates a critical balance. Otherwise The Matterhorn would fall down and Harbor Blvd. would disappear into a large sinkhole.
                :lol:
                :lol: :lol: Right you are my friend. Disneyland is just lucky that they have US to keep the Park in balance.
                By the way, your avatar pic is one of the best "old" pics i have ever seen. Any chance I can see it full-size somewhere?
                MiceChat User #1037

Comment

I figured there must have been a poll in the archives, but for us newbies it is the first for us.
                  I think the REAL REASON is that the left side has Walt's quote, "To all who enter, Welcome.." I can't remember it! Does anybody remember the exact quote? Now, if that plaque is on the left what was the reason? Why wasn't there a plaque on the right side too? Also, when you enter on the left side, you receive a small amount of pixie dust! So, to all of you, (including Circarama.), either you come to Disneyland so often you don't need any more pixie dust, or you like to rebel! hehehe
                  -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-

We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
                  adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
                  our last frontier on the planet Earth.

Comment

Always go in the left and out the right. I believe this comes from a childhood obsession for doing the entire park clockwise, starting in Adventureland and ending up in Tomorrowland (after dark of course). Yes, I'm taking medication now...
                    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

I always enter at the right and exit at the left. I guess I'm not the only one since the last minute sovenier shop is on the left side.
                      I guess i do it this way because it makes me see GM w/ Mr. Lincoln. Ok, makes is a bad way to put it, maybe I'll say it prompts me...lol
                      A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

Originally posted by Circarama
                        :lol: :lol: Right you are my friend. Disneyland is just lucky that they have US to keep the Park in balance.
                        By the way, your avatar pic is one of the best "old" pics i have ever seen. Any chance I can see it full-size somewhere?
                        The picture is scanned from a 1971 Disneyland Vacations booklet. The center spread is a photo collage of the park. Here's a larger-than-lifesize version of the Fantasyland view:

Comment

In and out on the right........ always
                          Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Comment

The picture is scanned from a 1971 Disneyland Vacations booklet. The center spread is a photo collage of the park. Here's a larger-than-lifesize version of the Fantasyland view:

Good times, good times...
                            MiceChat User #1037

Comment

^I miss that boat...
                              Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder
                                ^I miss that boat...
                                I think we should start a national day of eating nothing but Tuna Fish in remembrance of that great ship! For you youngin's, they use to sell Tuna Fish Sandwiches there. :monkey:
                                Last edited by Liquidspaceman; 05-04-2005, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquidspaceman
                                  I think we should start a national day of eating nothing but Tuna Fish in remembrance of that great ship! For you youngin's, they use to sell Tuna Fish Sandwiches there. :monkey:
                                  My dad talks about it all the time everytime we talk about DL..7 kids in his family so it was a cheap lunch and he loved it!

I'm sorry I never got to see it. Too young...lol
                                  A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

I "sort-of" miss the pirate ship. When I was a kid, I always wanted to go in and eat, but my parents were thrifty and we always had a home-made picnic instead. I always figured that when I grew up, I'd go on my own.

Comment

Thanks for the statistics!

It has been nice seeing people's responses to my poll. I don't exactly know why people are drawn to the left, (because you all had different reasons), I too prefer the left, in and out. The last time I visited DL, I made the mistake of going to the right and I felt weird, like I "snuck in or something." I feel like the next time I go, I need to rectify this by doing a quick loop around and then go back in the correct way... Well, at least in my little world, life will be restored. If you are there in Sept./Oct. be on the look out for this guy running around the berms when they first open for the day. Thanks again for all who participated! :bow:

Comment

Here is my reasoning, I go in to the left which is City Hall side and exit right hand side which is Lincoln's side. The reason THE STROLLERS and the Crazy mothers making the mad dash for them, I stay clear from them.
                                        Come to the dark side,
                                        we have cookies.

Comment

I tend to go left because I'm used to the right being congested with stroller/wheelchair business.
                                          And because I'm a diehard liberal.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X