This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jungle Cruise Movie

I am kinda' indifferent about this. I don't know what the plot would be. I wouldn't know who'd they cast either. Like it'd have to be done right, and they couldn't go overboard with the cheesy comedy and the actors would have to... like I love Christopher Walken and Brandon Fraser but please don't cast them in this. And keep the backside of water joke.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder View Post
      I believe this has already been done. It was called "The African Queen."

Thank you, this is my thoughts exactly.

I'll see if the Writer's Club can whip up an outline and see what they suggest for a storyline, myself included!

Peace,
      Roo
      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Originally posted by crazy go nuts View Post
        Wondered if you guys already knew about this, I was watching the news and they announced the Jungle Cruise movie Disney is making. I've known they were making one for a while, but now they officially anounced it.
        Hasn't this been done already? African Queen? (oops that'll teach me to read the whole thread before responding) Sorry for the double idea.
        sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Ya, so they're basically remaking the a movie that Jungle Cruise was started off of and they are trying to base it off of Jungle Cruise?

Comment

Has anyone seen "The African Queen"?

The film has nothing to do with the Jungle Cruise.

The movie just provided some inspiration for the art direction of the attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
              I'd like to see a movie based on the characters from Splash Mountain!

Guess I'll have to go watch my bootleg :P

Hm m m I think Splash was based on a Disney movie - Song of the South. So its already been done so to speak
              sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

The movie just provided some inspiration for the art direction of the attraction.
                Yep have you? Hm m m weren't they traveling down the Amazon and didn't they encounter a lot of the same scenarios found on the ride? And no the film wouldn't have anything to do with the ride as the film came out first. The ride drew from the film (as well as other Disney Adventure films).

Check these out:
                http://unsinkablecork.com/jungle/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Cruise_(film)

http://seeing-stars.com/Landmarks/Disneyland.shtml

http://www.nbm.org/Events/news/2001/Disney_Show.html
                Last edited by minnietoo; 09-23-2006, 08:31 AM.
                sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

I have it on VHS, and, while I haven't seen it in awhile, the only relationship between the attraction and the film would seem to be the Nazi connection through the Indiana Jones Adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post

I was being slightly sarcastic. I don't remember Bogart doing too many lame "head salesman" jokes in that film.

I'm sure the new film will be an action/comedy (like POTC), not a romantic drama like African Queen.

I just wonder which jungle river they will use. The attraction cruises down several "jungle rivers of the world" and I doubt if that would be practical for a film.
                    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Pragmatic is right. The ride is only based after the film regardless of how similar the scenarios may be.

EDIT:
                      I was being slightly sarcastic. I don't remember Bogart doing too many lame "head salesman" jokes in that film.

I'm sure the new film will be an action/comedy (like POTC), not a romantic drama like African Queen.

I just wonder which jungle river they will use. The attraction cruises down several "jungle rivers of the world" and I doubt if that would be practical for a film.
                      I wish I read this before I posted :lol:.

That is a good question you ask .

Comment

They should do a movie based on that Star Tours ride. God that would be awesome! I mean who are those little robots in the line? The little one that squeaks is adorable! And the gold-ish one... man I'd like to see a movie based on them...
                        ...oh wait.

(that joke was all on the aintitcoolnews.com boards when the news of Jungle Cruise came out. Wish I could take credit but darn!)
                        Last edited by knittingknerd; 09-23-2006, 09:48 AM. Reason: Had to cite

Comment

I can't wait for Churro the movie! Hope it is filmed in "ChurroVision" and is shown at IMAX.

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
                            Hm m m I think Splash was based on a Disney movie - Song of the South. So its already been done so to speak
                            That is what demento was referring to. The problem is that Disney will not release Song of the South on video/DVD in the US (you can get it in the UK) because of the potential PR issues with black slavery in the movie. So the only way you can get the movie is to get a bootleg.

Every time we go to DL my kiddos ask about the movie, because they want to see the story of Brer Rabbit. And I think Disney is being overly cautious with the PR issue because the movie seems like a positive portrayal of African Americans with Uncle Remus who is a great guy from what I can remember seeing the movie as a kid. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Disnerd View Post
                              I can't wait for Churro the movie! Hope it is filmed in "ChurroVision" and is shown at IMAX.
                              I hope they do a better job with the character anamation and the churros do not end up looking like those talking hot dogs in that commercial (forget the brand). That commercial does not make me want to eat a hot dog any time soon.

I hope there are churro action figures too!
                              sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

I could be mistaken, but I thought that the boats were based on The African Queen, but the movie was based (or inspired) by The African Lion, a Disney documentary, released in 1955.

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention - either way, I don't want a "Jungle Cruise Movie."

Comment

Originally posted by RPH View Post
                                    I could be mistaken, but I thought that the boats were based on The African Queen, but the movie was based (or inspired) by The African Lion, a Disney documentary, released in 1955.
                                    I heard that it was inspired by the Disney "True Life Adventures" series.

Comment

Me too. The African Lion was part of the True Life Adventure series documentaries.

Comment

Originally posted by Disnerd View Post
                                        MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Is Churrovision the same as Smell-o-vision?
                                        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I'm holding my breath for "Dolewhip The Motion Picture".
                                          Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X