X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disnerd
    replied
    Re: Jungle Cruise Movie

At the end of the ride you float back to earth holding onto a paper umbrella!

Leave a comment:

• Druggas
    replied

I'd like to see a movie based on the Indiana Jones ride.

Wait..........never mind.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by Disnerd View Post
    Dole Whip will be a new thrill ride not a movie.
    I'd like to see the Dole Whip replace the Orange Stingers

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Not if Pixar gets a hold of the idea...

Leave a comment:

• Disnerd
    replied

Dole Whip will be a new thrill ride not a movie.

Leave a comment:

• ~xxBooxx~
    replied

Hmm......not so sure about this idea. POTC has set the bar for all disney rides/ movies from here on out. Now I liked the HM Movie (Ya, I know, laugh all you want!) But a Jungle cruise movie? I dont see this project doing good, I mean hardly anyone goes on the ride! But you never know this movie might do the ride some good and bring more guest to it.

Leave a comment:

• BigThunder
    replied

I'm holding my breath for "Dolewhip The Motion Picture".

Leave a comment:

• Aladdin
    replied

I can't wait for Churro the movie! Hope it is filmed in "ChurroVision" and is shown at IMAX.
    MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Is Churrovision the same as Smell-o-vision?

Leave a comment:

• DisneyCraig
    replied

Me too. The African Lion was part of the True Life Adventure series documentaries.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

Originally posted by RPH View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I thought that the boats were based on The African Queen, but the movie was based (or inspired) by The African Lion, a Disney documentary, released in 1955.
    I heard that it was inspired by the Disney "True Life Adventures" series.

Leave a comment:

• DisneyCraig
    replied

Oh, I forgot to mention - either way, I don't want a "Jungle Cruise Movie."

Leave a comment:

• DisneyCraig
    replied

I could be mistaken, but I thought that the boats were based on The African Queen, but the movie was based (or inspired) by The African Lion, a Disney documentary, released in 1955.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

I can't wait for Churro the movie! Hope it is filmed in "ChurroVision" and is shown at IMAX.
    I hope they do a better job with the character anamation and the churros do not end up looking like those talking hot dogs in that commercial (forget the brand). That commercial does not make me want to eat a hot dog any time soon.

I hope there are churro action figures too!

Leave a comment:

• HydroGuy
    replied

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
    Hm m m I think Splash was based on a Disney movie - Song of the South. So its already been done so to speak
    That is what demento was referring to. The problem is that Disney will not release Song of the South on video/DVD in the US (you can get it in the UK) because of the potential PR issues with black slavery in the movie. So the only way you can get the movie is to get a bootleg.

Every time we go to DL my kiddos ask about the movie, because they want to see the story of Brer Rabbit. And I think Disney is being overly cautious with the PR issue because the movie seems like a positive portrayal of African Americans with Uncle Remus who is a great guy from what I can remember seeing the movie as a kid. Oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Disnerd
    replied

Leave a comment:

• knittingknerd
    replied

They should do a movie based on that Star Tours ride. God that would be awesome! I mean who are those little robots in the line? The little one that squeaks is adorable! And the gold-ish one... man I'd like to see a movie based on them...
    ...oh wait.

(that joke was all on the aintitcoolnews.com boards when the news of Jungle Cruise came out. Wish I could take credit but darn!)
    Last edited by knittingknerd; 09-23-2006, 09:48 AM. Reason: Had to cite

Leave a comment:

• Disney Wrassler
    replied

Pragmatic is right. The ride is only based after the film regardless of how similar the scenarios may be.

EDIT:
    I was being slightly sarcastic. I don't remember Bogart doing too many lame "head salesman" jokes in that film.

I'm sure the new film will be an action/comedy (like POTC), not a romantic drama like African Queen.

I just wonder which jungle river they will use. The attraction cruises down several "jungle rivers of the world" and I doubt if that would be practical for a film.
    I wish I read this before I posted :lol:.

That is a good question you ask .

Leave a comment:

• BigThunder
    replied

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Has anyone seen "The African Queen"?

The film has nothing to do with the Jungle Cruise.

The movie just provided some inspiration for the art direction of the attraction.
    I was being slightly sarcastic. I don't remember Bogart doing too many lame "head salesman" jokes in that film.

I'm sure the new film will be an action/comedy (like POTC), not a romantic drama like African Queen.

I just wonder which jungle river they will use. The attraction cruises down several "jungle rivers of the world" and I doubt if that would be practical for a film.

Leave a comment:

• PragmaticIdealist
    replied

I have it on VHS, and, while I haven't seen it in awhile, the only relationship between the attraction and the film would seem to be the Nazi connection through the Indiana Jones Adventure.

Leave a comment:

• minnietoo
    replied

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Has anyone seen "The African Queen"?

The film has nothing to do with the Jungle Cruise.

The movie just provided some inspiration for the art direction of the attraction.
    Yep have you? Hm m m weren't they traveling down the Amazon and didn't they encounter a lot of the same scenarios found on the ride? And no the film wouldn't have anything to do with the ride as the film came out first. The ride drew from the film (as well as other Disney Adventure films).

Check these out:
    http://unsinkablecork.com/jungle/index.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Cruise_(film)

http://seeing-stars.com/Landmarks/Disneyland.shtml

http://www.nbm.org/Events/news/2001/Disney_Show.html
    Last edited by minnietoo; 09-23-2006, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X