This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpet taken out of Library of ToT

I was wondering if anybody has seen this and what you thought. I think it's a bad idea if you go on GRR then to tower where you might slip on the new wooden floor. I really don't like the idea and don't know why they would change this.
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Re: Carpet taken out of Library of ToT

Better wipe your feet before you go into a classy joint like Hollywood Tower Hotel

Comment

I think the walk alone from GRR to the tower of terror would dry you off enough to where you don't have water dripping off you

Click the banner! ^^^^
      Follow us on Twitter
      @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
      Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Comment

The carpet was probably hard to keep up. I can imagine it would wear out pretty quickly, besides wood is easier to clean than carpet when someone with wet dirty shoes comes in.

Comment

Well what about rain? I am talking about all attractions with this so what do they do with the floors when it rains?

Comment

I don't mind. I would always end up on the edge and the crowd woudl pus in and I would end up on the wood floor, then the CM would come by and often, nto so nicley, tell me or my daughter to stay on the carpet. I always thought ti was because you could feel the thinder vibrations through the carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
              Well what about rain? I am talking about all attractions with this so what do they do with the floors when it rains?
              they woud have to redo all the floors in the park or stop selling ponchos. The pochos make the biggest mess on the floors. The just let so much water drain off onto everything. My mother slipped and hurt her back on a very wet floor once.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                I don't mind. I would always end up on the edge and the crowd woudl pus in and I would end up on the wood floor, then the CM would come by and often, nto so nicley, tell me or my daughter to stay on the carpet. I always thought ti was because you could feel the thinder vibrations through the carpet.
                I'm pretty sure that's what the carpet was for because I've had one foot on the carpet and one on the wood and you can feel the thunder more on the carpet.

Comment

Yea, removing the carpet just removes from the show of it all! Just a wooden floor? COME ON!!!! They should have thought about that BEFORE they put in a carpet. Now its just wierd to not have it. Id be DAMNED if they took the carpet out of HM! DAMNED i tell you! If the carpets not working...re-work it than. Put in a synthetic thing that looks and feels like a carpet, but holds up sooo much better when exposed to the elements. I know we have that technology out there. We can make a talking Jack Sparrow, we certainly can make a carpet that doesnt get messed up when people walk on it

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                  For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

I think it is a matter of proper theming. Back when the hotel was "supposedly" built, a central throw carpet would have been expected, especially at a classy hotel. I don't mind a dirty carpet since that would go with the theme of a old decaying hotel. But NO carpet does not fit the theme.

The CHEAPNESS of not using carpet shows the DEPTHS Disney will go to save a dime. They want to charge $63 a day to see DCA, but they cannot afford a 20 x 20 foot piece of carpet that costs $50 dollars which has to be replaced once a year?

Comment

Easy folks, nowhere did anyone say it was going to be permanent!

So the solution is obvious- they'll just have to close the park when it rains.
                      A signature should go here.

Comment

I don't really care. I didn't like carpets and I am used to wooden floors

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

Comment

I'm not here to bash DCA or ToT for that matter. I just wanted to know what others thought of it.

Comment

My experience with my own house (themed not unlike the Tower of Terror), is that carpets are cheap and easy to replace when compared to refinishing a wood floor.

The primary reason rugs are so nice though, is acoustics and comfort.

I'm not going to panic here though, because I only panic when small changes are made to Disneyland. Like when they put recessed lights in the stores on Main Street. Talk about an abomination of theme! This is small potatoes by comparison.

Comment

This is very similar to when they changed the entry of the HM to
                              wood floor, only the wood floor was designed in the shape of a
                              spider web.
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

maybe they are cleaning the carpet or something?
                                but no carpet in the libary not classic or themed i just hoped the capet comes back.
                                Remember
                                DREAMS
                                Come True!

sigpic

Comment

i should bring a carpet with me on my next trip to DCA and just lay it down myself when i get into the library.

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                                  For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

I think I'd miss the carpet. They'll probably have it back by the time I get down there.
                                    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

yeah the carpet cool
                                      nice and plush

Comment

By the look of the patterns on the wood, it doesn't look like it's going anywhere soon.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X