X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Walt's SSN

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Can't imagine why the interest in his SSN...but for those oh-so curious...his SSN, address, and other info has always been available to anyone on his death certificate:

My brother's SSN and mine are 1 digit off...so they must not have been using computer check-digits back in those days. Perhaps they are now...but I don't know one way or the other.
    Someone needs to update Walt's Wikipedia entry. They have his time of death as 3:00am, when the death certificate shows different.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett240 View Post
      I used to work in the "New Accounts - Fraud Prevention" department of a credit card company.

When anybody sends in a credit card application, the SSN number is automaticly checked with a government site of SSN's of dead people. If it matches the SSN of a dead person, it would be flagged as fraud.
      Well thats good.

Comment

If someone tries to use any persons SSN, after their death has been recorded to the Social Security Administration (SSA), it will be found out rather quickly. This is why after death your SSN becomes *public* record.

I work for my counties Social Services agency, and believe me, folks don't want a deceased persons SSN, they want a SSN of a individual who is alive. Every month our Eligibility workers do a SSN checks on clients to see if there is any new earned income. Imagine one workers surprise when their homeless, disabled, female client started making $5000 a month in a different county doing construction! Turns out her SSN was being used illegally by a male down in Southern California. Every month I punch my SSN into the system, just to see if it's being used by someone else, I also check my yearly SSA statement, to make sure nothing is off.

Don't worry, those who try to use a deceased persons SSN will be caught rather quickly. Walt's number is safe.

Comment

*shakes head*
          Disney geeks.
          *tuts*

Oh my god, get the hell off my untouched-by-human-hands Tokyo Disneyland maps, mother!
          BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
          TRIP REPORTS

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
            *shakes head*
            Disney geeks.
            *tuts*

Oh my god, get the hell off my untouched-by-human-hands Tokyo Disneyland maps, mother!
            :blink:

All of those Smarties are going to your head.

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica Gracey View Post
              If someone tries to use any persons SSN, after their death has been recorded to the Social Security Administration (SSA), it will be found out rather quickly. This is why after death your SSN becomes *public* record.

I work for my counties Social Services agency, and believe me, folks don't want a deceased persons SSN, they want a SSN of a individual who is alive. Every month our Eligibility workers do a SSN checks on clients to see if there is any new earned income. Imagine one workers surprise when their homeless, disabled, female client started making $5000 a month in a different county doing construction! Turns out her SSN was being used illegally by a male down in Southern California. Every month I punch my SSN into the system, just to see if it's being used by someone else, I also check my yearly SSA statement, to make sure nothing is off.

Don't worry, those who try to use a deceased persons SSN will be caught rather quickly. Walt's number is safe.
              Well if someone tries to use mine - I hope they put more money into the system than I have - so when I retire I can get a larger income.
              sigpicMinnietoo

Comment

Originally posted by Speedway View Post
                *shakes head*
                Disney geeks.
                *tuts*

Do you Brits have a simular tax ID number?I know silly question.Have fun entertaining Mac next month.

Comment

No. It was the land across Riverside Drive. Anyway this year marks the 40th anniversay of Walt's Death.
                  "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

[QUOTE=Motorboat Cruiser;965521]"Pickfair", the famous home of Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks, once considered more famous than the White House, was bought by Pia Zadora who leveled it. Same thing with the Sharon Tate house (Manson killings) on Ceilo Drive and OJ's home on Rockingham Lane. QUOTE]

Somehow the Tate and OJ demos seem like a good idea.
                    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

How weird - I looked up my dad and found him very easily, but when I looked up my grandpa - he wasn't even listed.

Comment

Originally posted by scorsese View Post
                        That sure looks like it says Dec. 25th, 1966 on the date of death on that certificate. I know it's the 15th, but that really looks like a two.
                        That is a two

But if you look, it was written in.
                        The rest of it is typed.
                        Looked at the "2" 's that are typed. They don't look like the "2" on the date of death.

OFF THE SUBJECT:
                        Is it just me or is the reply part of Mice chat really slow to come up?
                        Quote by Al:
                        To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
                        -Al Lutz

Comment

I looked up and found my Grandpa, my Aunt Lilly, Niece Marilyn, Cousin Eddie but no Uncle Herman.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by DLFreak71 View Post
                            OFF THE SUBJECT:
                            Is it just me or is the reply part of Mice chat really slow to come up?
                            No problems here in the last few minutes I've been posting. Fast as lightning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville View Post
                              I looked up and found my Grandpa, my Aunt Lilly, Niece Marilyn, Cousin Eddie but no Uncle Herman.
                              :lol: :bow:
                              -Jack :geek:
                              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by minnietoo View Post
                                Uncle Theo - love your generic logo! - When will the t-shirts be available for purchase?

Rasulo loved it,we're currently in negotiations.:lmao:

Comment

if anyone is interested here is Walt's last will and testament:

http://www.dldhistory.com/disneyland.../waltwill.html
                                  --Richard
                                  http://www.DLDHistory.com
                                  The Most Unique Disneyland History Site
                                  Enter micechat for promo-code and save 10%

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville View Post
                                    Somehow the Tate and OJ demos seem like a good idea.
                                    :ot:I think Nicole Simpson's condo is still there though.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X