This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why am I scared???

Yeah Definately not going on that California Screamin. I'm going to DL in February and with my mom and bf. He's the type to ride every ride and claims he will get me to go on the scary ones. I say NO WAY!!!! Another one I won't go on is Space Mountain.
    If you believe, dreams really do come true!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkgirl View Post
      Yeah Definately not going on that California Screamin. I'm going to DL in February and with my mom and bf. He's the type to ride every ride and claims he will get me to go on the scary ones. I say NO WAY!!!! Another one I won't go on is Space Mountain.
      Now that I'm surprised at. I just don''t like stomach shaking down roller coasters or flumes.
      Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
      "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
      -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
      -August 2nd 2010

Comment

I just don't know what it's like and I'm not a big rides person. My favorite ride at DL is the WTP ride. I know most people will groan at that. LOL

Comment

OK, maybe this will help. Here is my family with our 5 and 7 year old on Splash. But they are both dare devils and if it's not your thing then it's not your thing.

They loved it, but they also did ToT, so maybe we are a weird family.
          Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

I wish the drop was scary actually, it would be more of a thrill. It's not that bad at all! It's fun!

Comment

There's nothing wrong with being scared of rides. I myself used to be terrified of most roller coasters and rides involving drops. I still can't go on ferris wheels. All I can say is that there is no reason pressure yourself. If one day you feel you are ready to face your fear, then go for it. I think FastPasses may be useful. I know the wait in the queue line only gave me more time to think and be nervous.

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                I think FastPasses may be useful. I know the wait in the queue line only gave me more time to think and be nervous.
                That is very good advice. I think that I would freak myself even more if I had to wait for a very long time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkgirl View Post
                  I'm with you I will not do TOT or maliboomer or any other rollercoaster for that matter. I mean had a panic attack when I got onto POTC for the first time. I also have a question how many drops are actually in Splash Mountain because my cousin told me one?
                  The ride has 5 drops, but the one at the end is the biggest.

Comment

Do it! The theme inside the ride is awesome. For me, the singing animals during the ride is one of my favorite things at Disneyland and I think highlights some of the "magic" at Disneyland.

On our last family trip in October, my little sister, who was 10 years old at the time, absolutely flat out refused to go on any of the bigger thrill rides. In the line for Space Mtn., she cried a little bit but we got her on it. Afterwards she was pleased that she went on it. We then headed over to Splash Mtn. for a great ride. So we basically started her off with 2 of the biggest thrill rides in the park. She protested, but again we got her on it, and she loved it. For the rest of the day, she went on every ride with us and had a great time!

Splash Mtn. is a great ride! I believe it is a must ride anytime you go to Disneyland. The last exciting drop on the ride goes by so quickly that you don't even realize it was big at all. The smaller drops in the other parts of the ride are really easy to handle.

Make sure that you ride Splash Mtn. on your next trip. You won't regret it!

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                      About Splash Mtn. It's the most popular ride in DL and yet I'm afraid becouse of the drop! My 400th Post! Yay!

What are you afraid will happen during the drop?

Comment

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
                        I just go for the dark rde aspect of it...after that i jump out of the log before i get to the incline...theres an exit door right there! Just tell a CM and they can track you and than hold the door open for you just before the incline.
                        That's news to me too. Do they stop the log or do you just hop out?

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                          I've been on Splash several times - certainly not every time I go to DL. And every time I go on it , the whole time I'm saying to myself - why did I get on this ride? I hate that drop! And then after it is over, I'm just fine. The rest of the ride I love!

And the drop is much longer than Pirates! Plus you can see over the edge before you plummet.

I'd say do it. If a big wuss like me can handle it, anyone can!
                          Yes you can see over the edge before you drop if you choose to look. It looks worse than it is just as others have said. Once you go on it you will be saying "that's it? why didn't i do this before!?" On a side note I have been stuck at the very top, just hanging there with the front of the log over the edge, it was for like 20 mins! Then they just started the ride back and as soon as they did, DROP there we went!! It was cool!

Comment

My best friend is almost petrified of all big coasters and rides. The moment I told her there was a bunny in Spash Moutain she dashed off to it dragging me right behind her

aww, the power of disney ^-^;;;

Comment

The drop on Splash is the size of the two drops on pirates put together I believe.
                              The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Its all in your head. Like others have said, it seems the drop is at the same angle as POTC but its a bit longer.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                                  I've been on Splash several times - certainly not every time I go to DL. And every time I go on it , the whole time I'm saying to myself - why did I get on this ride? I hate that drop! And then after it is over, I'm just fine. The rest of the ride I love!

And the drop is much longer than Pirates! Plus you can see over the edge before you plummet.

I'd say do it. If a big wuss like me can handle it, anyone can!
                                  Me too. And when I took my youngest daughter on it, I was trying to convince her it wasnt that scary.
                                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                                    About Splash Mtn. It's the most popular ride in DL and yet I'm afraid becouse of the drop! My 400th Post! Yay!
                                    Well, it's Splash Mtn. long line that scares me every time I see it.
                                    Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

Splash Mountain, highest drop:
                                      52.5 ft long, 47 degrees

Pirates drop:
                                      52 feet, 21 degrees

Splash is 6 inches longer and just over 2 times as steep. All this translates to is the drop being over sooner. Not to belittle your or anything because I didn't ride ANYthing at all until I was 16. I was a huge pansy about rides... and now I'll ride just about anything you put me in front of. I'd say give it a try and see how you like it. If you don't... never have to ride it again. If you do... you'll have found a new favorite ride. I will promise you this... the drop is not as steep as it looks. They pull a few subtle tricks to make it look much steeper. Draw on a piece of paper a 45 degree angle and you'll see that some streets are steeper than that. Get some good friends and give it a whirl. Do it when you can get on in a short time though so you don't have lots of time to think about it in line... and while your own it and in line... enjoy the story. Get yourself into it completely, that will also help. Sing along with the song. And if you decide you don't like it... that's cool to. Not everyone likes every ride

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I've never been a huge roller coaster person. It took a lot of convincing when I was younger to get me on the Matterhorn and I never enjoyed myself that much after going on it. But when my dad convinced me to go on BTMRR and Indy I really loved them and my last trip I did Space. But I didn't do Splash because of the drop. The worst thing about coasters for me is drops, I don't enjoy the feeling. I like twists and turns and all that, but the drops just get me. But I promised myself that my next trip I will also do Splash, thought I'm still uneasy about the drop, I want to see the danged inside and maybe I'll really love the drop, I don't know.

I won't do ToT or Maliboomer though, my dad won't even do those and he loves coasters. And I ain't doing them alone.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                                          Not everyone likes every ride
                                          How true, I love rollercoasters and always have, but wouldnt go on Snow White until I was 19. :blush:
                                          "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                                          X