• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ni_teach
    replied
    Re: Why am I scared???

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    About Splash Mtn. It's the most popular ride in DL and yet I'm afraid becouse of the drop! My 400th Post! Yay!
    Well, it's Splash Mtn. long line that scares me every time I see it.

Leave a comment:

• frecky
    replied

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    I've been on Splash several times - certainly not every time I go to DL. And every time I go on it , the whole time I'm saying to myself - why did I get on this ride? I hate that drop! And then after it is over, I'm just fine. The rest of the ride I love!

And the drop is much longer than Pirates! Plus you can see over the edge before you plummet.

I'd say do it. If a big wuss like me can handle it, anyone can!
    Me too. And when I took my youngest daughter on it, I was trying to convince her it wasnt that scary.

Leave a comment:

• The Mad Hatter
    replied

Its all in your head. Like others have said, it seems the drop is at the same angle as POTC but its a bit longer.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied

The drop on Splash is the size of the two drops on pirates put together I believe.

Leave a comment:

• Larxene1959
    replied

My best friend is almost petrified of all big coasters and rides. The moment I told her there was a bunny in Spash Moutain she dashed off to it dragging me right behind her

aww, the power of disney ^-^;;;

Leave a comment:

• DisneyGeek75
    replied

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
    I've been on Splash several times - certainly not every time I go to DL. And every time I go on it , the whole time I'm saying to myself - why did I get on this ride? I hate that drop! And then after it is over, I'm just fine. The rest of the ride I love!

And the drop is much longer than Pirates! Plus you can see over the edge before you plummet.

I'd say do it. If a big wuss like me can handle it, anyone can!
    Yes you can see over the edge before you drop if you choose to look. It looks worse than it is just as others have said. Once you go on it you will be saying "that's it? why didn't i do this before!?" On a side note I have been stuck at the very top, just hanging there with the front of the log over the edge, it was for like 20 mins! Then they just started the ride back and as soon as they did, DROP there we went!! It was cool!

Leave a comment:

• Alestro Bakai
    replied

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
    I just go for the dark rde aspect of it...after that i jump out of the log before i get to the incline...theres an exit door right there! Just tell a CM and they can track you and than hold the door open for you just before the incline.
    That's news to me too. Do they stop the log or do you just hop out?

Leave a comment:

• Princess Buttercup
    replied

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    About Splash Mtn. It's the most popular ride in DL and yet I'm afraid becouse of the drop! My 400th Post! Yay!

What are you afraid will happen during the drop?

Leave a comment:

• BiggameJ
    replied

Do it! The theme inside the ride is awesome. For me, the singing animals during the ride is one of my favorite things at Disneyland and I think highlights some of the "magic" at Disneyland.

On our last family trip in October, my little sister, who was 10 years old at the time, absolutely flat out refused to go on any of the bigger thrill rides. In the line for Space Mtn., she cried a little bit but we got her on it. Afterwards she was pleased that she went on it. We then headed over to Splash Mtn. for a great ride. So we basically started her off with 2 of the biggest thrill rides in the park. She protested, but again we got her on it, and she loved it. For the rest of the day, she went on every ride with us and had a great time!

Splash Mtn. is a great ride! I believe it is a must ride anytime you go to Disneyland. The last exciting drop on the ride goes by so quickly that you don't even realize it was big at all. The smaller drops in the other parts of the ride are really easy to handle.

Make sure that you ride Splash Mtn. on your next trip. You won't regret it!

Leave a comment:

• iCoaster
    replied

Originally posted by Tinkgirl View Post
    I'm with you I will not do TOT or maliboomer or any other rollercoaster for that matter. I mean had a panic attack when I got onto POTC for the first time. I also have a question how many drops are actually in Splash Mountain because my cousin told me one?
    The ride has 5 drops, but the one at the end is the biggest.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkgirl
    replied

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I think FastPasses may be useful. I know the wait in the queue line only gave me more time to think and be nervous.
    That is very good advice. I think that I would freak myself even more if I had to wait for a very long time!!!

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

There's nothing wrong with being scared of rides. I myself used to be terrified of most roller coasters and rides involving drops. I still can't go on ferris wheels. All I can say is that there is no reason pressure yourself. If one day you feel you are ready to face your fear, then go for it. I think FastPasses may be useful. I know the wait in the queue line only gave me more time to think and be nervous.

Leave a comment:

• EmilyStrange
    replied

I wish the drop was scary actually, it would be more of a thrill. It's not that bad at all! It's fun!

Leave a comment:

• DLandFansAZ
    replied

OK, maybe this will help. Here is my family with our 5 and 7 year old on Splash. But they are both dare devils and if it's not your thing then it's not your thing.

They loved it, but they also did ToT, so maybe we are a weird family.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkgirl
    replied

I just don't know what it's like and I'm not a big rides person. My favorite ride at DL is the WTP ride. I know most people will groan at that. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Walt Jr.
    replied

Originally posted by Tinkgirl View Post
    Yeah Definately not going on that California Screamin. I'm going to DL in February and with my mom and bf. He's the type to ride every ride and claims he will get me to go on the scary ones. I say NO WAY!!!! Another one I won't go on is Space Mountain.
    Now that I'm surprised at. I just don''t like stomach shaking down roller coasters or flumes.

Leave a comment:

• Tinkgirl
    replied

Yeah Definately not going on that California Screamin. I'm going to DL in February and with my mom and bf. He's the type to ride every ride and claims he will get me to go on the scary ones. I say NO WAY!!!! Another one I won't go on is Space Mountain.

Leave a comment:

• Walt Jr.
    replied

Good! Because I'm also petrified AT CALIFORNIA SCREAMIN but won't admit it. :whistling Wait, I just Did!!:bang:

Leave a comment:

• Tinkgirl
    replied

One more thing they will let you get off the ride before the big drop???

Leave a comment:

• Tinkgirl
    replied

I'm with you I will not do TOT or maliboomer or any other rollercoaster for that matter. I mean had a panic attack when I got onto POTC for the first time. I also have a question how many drops are actually in Splash Mountain because my cousin told me one?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X