X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why am I scared???

woo hoo!!!! good for you!!!

i love splash. there was a period where i just wouldn't ride it because i hated getting wet and waiting for 90 minutes just didn't seem my cup of tea. now, i try to go everytime i go to the park. its just a fun ride.

:ot: the first (and only) time i went on ToT, i had to be convinced by the bell hop to get on the ride. he asked me if i could handle the splash mountain drops and i said "yeah." "well, its like that."

HE LIED!!!!!!!!! ah well. one day i'll get back on that ride. not now, at least.
    kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

I'm afraid of the whole getting wet thing. I love the singing critters and all, but I so much hate getting wet I just can't do it.
      I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

It all depends on what you can handle and like. Personally, I love big drops. Though, Splash Mountain's is not extreme. Still, its a blast. My friend felt the same, but we got her to go on. Ride with someone who won't be like my sister. Anytime we go on a ride with a drop she tells me I'm gonna die. If your scared, that will definitely not help you. I encourage you to ride it. The drop, to me atleast, is what makes it worthwhile! To all those who are scared of said ride, I'm rooting for you! *Cheers you on*
        sigpic

Season's Greetings!
        *Going to Disneyland!- 12/9/06*

Comment

i love splash.. my 5 and 4 year old go on it (my 4 year old is a bit scared ) but she does it anyways.. have you done it yet.. or are afraid to try it

if you ahvent done it.. try it I think you will really love it.. i was scared the first time.. but I LOVE IT

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by kickcows View Post
            woo hoo!!!! good for you!!!

i love splash. there was a period where i just wouldn't ride it because i hated getting wet and waiting for 90 minutes just didn't seem my cup of tea. now, i try to go everytime i go to the park. its just a fun ride.

:ot: the first (and only) time i went on ToT, i had to be convinced by the bell hop to get on the ride. he asked me if i could handle the splash mountain drops and i said "yeah." "well, its like that."

HE LIED!!!!!!!!! ah well. one day i'll get back on that ride. not now, at least.
            I LOVED riding Tower of Terror at DCA. I think it is really under-rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
              I LOVED riding Tower of Terror at DCA. I think it is really under-rated.

love it toooooooooooo

Friends for life

Comment

I used to be absolutely terrified to ride anything that was a roller coaster or anything that dropped. So when I was like 4 or 5, I remember always refusing to ride the Matterhorn and Big Thunder, and I was scared to death of Splash Mountain...even Gadget's Go Coaster! haha But now I ride it all...then again I was only about 5 when I was scared...I've loved them since then, cuz my parents dragged me on those rides and I ended up LOVING them! :0)
                *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

Originally posted by princedalton View Post
                  I used to be absolutely terrified to ride anything that was a roller coaster or anything that dropped. So when I was like 4 or 5, I remember always refusing to ride the Matterhorn and Big Thunder, and I was scared to death of Splash Mountain...even Gadget's Go Coaster! haha But now I ride it all...then again I was only about 5 when I was scared...I've loved them since then, cuz my parents dragged me on those rides and I ended up LOVING them! :0)
                  that happened to my 2 girls age 5 and 4.. now they love these rides

Friends for life

Comment

Fun fact: MickeyMania always chickened out of Space Mountain at DL from the month it first opened until finally this June.

Nice little ride, but I think I prefer BTMRR. Actually, I prefer the TDL version of Big Thunder and the WDW version of Space (not the same ride as DL, older and bumpier and less twisty, more like Matterhorn really.) I think TDL's Big Thunder is better than WDW's by a bit and I can't enjoy myself on DL's anymore since I can't get the accident of a few years back out of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                      From a physics standpoint... the most you will ever lift out of your seat is an inch or two. The drop is over in under 2 seconds, so you aren't going to get far from your log ever. The reason you lift a little is your wind resistance is greater than that of the log... the air hitting you as your drop slows you down just a little and the log continues down the hill. But because it is over so quickly you only get about an inch away.

The trick my parents used on me was to remind me that this was Disneyland... would they honestly allow people to ride on anything that wasn't completely safe in every way possible?
                      The answer to your last question is: YES.

Or there wouldn't have been injuries and deaths over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post

That is actually false!

True there have been problems that have caused deaths like Big Thunder.

But almost all of the deaths that occured through rides like the Peoplemover were all out of guest stupidity. So all deaths were not Disneyland's fault!
                        Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                        "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                        -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                        -August 2nd 2010

Comment

The only reason for deaths at disneyland is usually just guest stupidity. guests think that they cant get hurt in DL so they try stupid stuff. dont worry about it DL does everthing they can to keep the park as safe as possible

Comment

To me it's the thing that there is nothing but gravity to hold you down on the big drop.... That really scares me when I'm on it. First time I went on ToT and rode it (I cried the first time I went in right when we were in the boiler room I started begging "Get me off! Don't make me ride!" The bad thing is my 6 year old friend didn't get scared and went on it again lol - the movie scared me bad -) I was scared and anxious but I had so much fun. I hit it everytime I'm in MGM. (along with the drew carry thing)

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                              About Splash Mtn. It's the most popular ride in DL and yet I'm afraid becouse of the drop! My 400th Post! Yay!
                              Sometimes you gotta just bite the bullet and do it! Ther's no danger to that ride. It's not like the boat's gonna flip forward and fling you out or anything like that if that's what you're worried about. Your stomach will go up in your throat for about 2 seconds and you'll feel kind of funny and then it'll be over! And after that , there will be a hilarious picture of you with a terrified look on your face for everyone to enjoy!:evil:

JUST do it! It's NOT that scary! I promise you!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post

Sorry, but until quite recently the corrrect answer is a resounding NO.

Go look at the list - http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm Up untill the Dec 24 1998 Luan Phi Dawson incident with the flying cleat on the Columbia, and the Sep 5 2003 Marcello Torres incident on Big Thunder, there had been no incidents that were even partly attributable to Disney's actions (or inactions).

All those previous "injuries and deaths over the years" were caused by people doing incredibly stupid stuff like trying to get out of a roller-coaster ride vehicle that is in mid-ride and in motion, getting out of a slow-moving PeopleMover car and then playing around on the track in front of other moving cars, climbing onto the Monorail beam with moving trains and a 600-Volt third rail on the side, or trying to swim across a river when they blow the main requirement for doing it - they don't know how to swim.

And the ones in the river are either too drunk or too panicked to try STANDING UP, to realize that (except in the very middle) they can touch bottom and WALK back to the riverbank on a hard concrete bottom...

Charles Darwin must be proud...

--<< Bruce >>--
                                There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Bergman View Post

Charles Darwin must be proud...
                                  Because of his law of gravity?

Comment

Working...
                                  X