Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Rockin' Space Mountain?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rockin' Space Mountain?

What's the difference between Rockin from the usual mountain run?

Comment

Originally posted by CursedPirate79 View Post
      Well as of this point a different "rockin" (rock) soundtrack and different lighting effects. Lighting like you are at a rock concernt, strobe lights, disco lights etc... The original idea from the imagineers was to have many more effects in the mountain but because the "suits" wanted to get Space Mountain back open earlier than planned they did not get to put everything they wanted in. They ran it at GradNight to well to put it kindly mixed reviews. If you go to youtube and search there are a few videos out there, not good quality but give you the idea and you can hear the soundtrack.

It is my hope that if they decide to keep it, that they close for a rehab and let the imagineers do what they really wanted to in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by CursedPirate79 View Post
        It's a Rave in space...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Let's also talk about Rockin' California Screamin'. (What a stupid name)

Comment

The story as I have gathered from reading posts for months and months...

RockIT mountain was supposed to be a nighttime only overlay of Space Mountain with different lighting and music. They built the name into the red lit space mountain sign so it could change. It was supposed to open with or shortly after Space came out of refurb. When Matt decided to push the opening up to coincide with the start of the 50th, they had to delay installation of some of the elements. Apparantly another sanfu arose with the day/nite plan when it turned out there might have to be significant down time to swith over the audio in the cars. With the success of the 50th, they also decided they didn't need it from a marketing perspective. Marketing had already promoted RockIT mountain to Grad Nites, so in order to meet that promise, a half-*ssed version was conconcted for Grad Nites, which was not a beta test but just something thrown together with what was there and a temporary song was chosen. After that the idea of RockIT mountain was presumed dead, or at the least indefinately postponed. Then with the Year of A Million Dreams announcement, Rockin' Space Mountain was announced. More info on that revealed it would be temporary overlay and would not follow the day/nite schedule. No one has succesfully explained the name change from RockIT Mountain to Rockin' Space Mountain, what that will mean for the sign, what the music will be, or what the effects overlay will really entail - a completion of the original RockIT mountain effects design, a fixed up version of what they did for Grad Nites, or something else entirely. Thats the story as I've understood it.

Comment

As far as I can ascertain, the name Rockin' Space Mountain is used as opposed to Rockit Mountain so that they can market the following tag:

"Rockin' Both Parks"

Remember that Rockin' California Screamin' will exist at the exact same time as Rockin' Space Mountain.

Comment

It's really terrible what they did to Space Mountain. It's basically a roller coaster disco now.\

It's all gimmick nonsense. There's no creativity to it. Really pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
                  It's really terrible what they did to Space Mountain. It's basically a roller coaster disco now.\

It's all gimmick nonsense. There's no creativity to it. Really pathetic.
                  Well lets hope that they will only keep this "Rockin'" deal to this limited time frame. I think the original idea had some potential and if the Imagineers were able to do what they orginally planned it could be a good alternate attraction. As it is now, with the limited effects and thrown together soundtrack, the attraction is doomed to fail. As was stated before this appears to be the "Suits" attempt to draw crowd during the traditionally slow period after the holidays. They should be ashamed of themselves, Disneyland and its guests deserve better, either let the imagineers work and open it as originally intended or don't do it at all.

Can I get an AMEN?

Comment

Overreaction!

Nothing is ever "DOOMED TO FAIL." We don't know what the attraction will be like and we don't know whose idea it was to do a seasonal version. And regardless, its the Imagineers who will do the work to bring it online, and I think they have a good track record...

Comment

Originally posted by FLtoCali View Post
                      Overreaction!

Nothing is ever "DOOMED TO FAIL." We don't know what the attraction will be like and we don't know whose idea it was to do a seasonal version. And regardless, its the Imagineers who will do the work to bring it online, and I think they have a good track record...

Yes you are right the imagineers will bring it online, but they are not doing it the way they wanted to. It is widely known that they were not given the time that they needed to do this right, and they were not happy about it. We do know what it will be, kist check the grad night reviews. And yes the imagineers have a good track record but they can only work with what they are given by the suits. Check "Winnie the Pooh" and while you are at it - just about everything in DCA.

Comment

Don't know if you found the link for the sign, but if you go to Disneyland during the day look at the Space Mountain sign at an angle. Behind the word SPACE you can see the word ROCKIT. Someone here has a post of the sign lit saying rockit mountain instead of space mountain. When they asked a CM about it, the CM didn't know anything.

Comment

[QUOTE=DisneyGeek75;1003378We do know what it will be, kist check the grad night reviews. .[/QUOTE]

But we don't know if it WILL be the grad nite version.

Comment

Originally posted by FLtoCali View Post
                            But we don't know if it WILL be the grad nite version.
                            Well, without downtime for a refurb it can't be anything else. The effects are simply NOT there. They can only use the effects that were able to be installed during the shortened previous rehab. The imagineers are AMAZING when given the chance but they are not Miracle workers, even they cant magically produce an upgrade overnight. Unless, maybe they are working the 3rd shift and trying to get the effects (like the huge astroid) working, I CAN HOPE!! But somehow the fact that it has been reported numerous times that we may never see the originally intended ride or any version at all after this short release, doesnt help!
                            Last edited by DisneyGeek75; 10-08-2006, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGeek75 View Post
                              If RockIT Mountain was the BETA version do you really think they would've made the sign the way they did? I mean just to use it for a few days, kinda expensive dont ya think? And the reason its not great is because they didnt have the time to make it the way it was intended to be.
                              They intended to call it Rockit Mountain at first. Sometime after the ride re-opened they decided to change the name to Rockin' Space Mountain. With the new name, as mentioned before, they will probably still have the sign say Space Mountain and put Rockin' above the sign.

Comment

Originally posted by wave789 View Post
                                As far as I can ascertain, the name Rockin' Space Mountain is used as opposed to Rockit Mountain so that they can market the following tag:

"Rockin' Both Parks"

Remember that Rockin' California Screamin' will exist at the exact same time as Rockin' Space Mountain.
                                That is just a pathetcally lame concept. Good Grief!!! Spend the
                                money on something the parks REALLY NEED!
                                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Working...
                                X