This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do ya'll have this?

I suppose I could look this up on the internet, but, I'm already here...and who better to ask? We always go to Disney World, and on our last trip...a thought came to mind...does Disney LAND have the same things as Disney World? Mainly I'm wondering about Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and MGM...do ya'll have this? Or do you just have Magic Kingdom? Enlighten me, please.

Re: Do ya'll have this?

No, we don't have Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM, or even the "Magic Kingdom". This is Disneyland, the original!

Comment

Originally posted by Frogberto View Post
      No, we don't have Epcot, Animal Kingdom, MGM, or even the "Magic Kingdom". This is Disneyland, the original!
      Well said.
      Yes, Walt's 'original' playground!

Comment

We only have the original Magic Kingdom called Disneyland. That's all.

Oh. There's also this thing where the parking lot used to be that they sell tickets to unsuspecting tourists...called California Experience or something like that. Hardly worth a mention.

But mainly we only have a Magic Kingdom called Disneyland...which is darn fine.

Comment

We got something better than Animal Kingdom, Disney MGM Studios, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and Fantasia mini-golf combined!

It's called Disney's California Adventure! Woo hoo!
          Magic Journeys...

Comment

We have a pretty cool tram from the parking structure.

Comment

The Disneyland Resort consists of two parks, Disneyland which is similar to the magic kingdom and Disney's California Adventure.

We have many of the same rides and many unique rides not found in Florida. For example, we have the Matterhorn which is unique to Disneyland, as well as California Screamin' which is a rollercoaster unique to California Adventure. In addition, we have the Indiana Jones Adventure, which is very similar to Dinosaur at the Animal Kingdom, but often rated as being much more fun. We also have our own version of the Tower of Terror, as well as an updated Space Mountain. Finally, we are the original of the Disney parks!

Comment

Dca!

Comment

Originally posted by Saddlesore Swanson View Post
                  We got something better than Animal Kingdom, Disney MGM Studios, Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach and Fantasia mini-golf combined!

It's called Disney's California Adventure! Woo hoo!
                  um.......ok........are you feeling well?
                  sigpic

Comment

Walt Disney World also doesn't have southern California outside its gates, either.

Comment

This is simple to answer:

http://allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mk_dl.htm

Don't take some of the boastful statements too seriously, dear. DL fans are generally very defensive of their park and there's an underlying Resort Envy towards Orlando for it's historically bigger budgets, larger property, and status as flagship.

To summarize, Disneyland has an incredible lineup of attractions that has been built by 45 years of having only one park to build in. Rides from multiple WDW parks appear in Disneyland, and rides from Disneyland go to WDW and get spread out amongst several different parks.

To get an idea, imagine if WDW was still ONLY the Magic Kingdom, and they spent all their money on that one park, and you can understand how DL has developed to the point it has. It's drawbacks are that it's very limited for land and it's 50s design means lots of tight corridors and above-ground backstage (no utilidoors.)

Comment

Meh...I've been to the parks at WDW and while they each have their appeal I'll take Disneyland And California Adventure over Orlando any day. If I was going to go to Florida for anything Disney again it'd be another cruise....oh wait their going to build and home port a Disney cruise ship here on the West Coast.

The only park I'm dying to see right now is the resort in Tokyo, which I hear is more wondrous than any of the American parks ever where in their heydays before all that mattered to Disney was increased company profits and decreased company and park overhead.
                        IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                          Walt Disney World also doesn't have southern California outside its gates, either.
                          Excellent answer.
                          -Jack :geek:
                          Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy-poo View Post
                            I suppose I could look this up on the internet, but, I'm already here...and who better to ask? We always go to Disney World, and on our last trip...a thought came to mind...does Disney LAND have the same things as Disney World? Mainly I'm wondering about Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and MGM...do ya'll have this? Or do you just have Magic Kingdom? Enlighten me, please.
                            www.disneyland.com

Comment

We may not have 4 theme parks, but we have the original and the best IMHO Disney park ever! Our park is and always will be Walt's finest creation!!!
                              Foolish Mortal
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
                                No, but it does have Orange County.

Comment

thank you all SO much for your answers..

Comment

you wanna know the diffence between DL and WDW ? dl is the cinderella wdw is the ugly stepsisters!!!!!!

Comment

Also, our Monorail doesn't really serve that great a purpose. More fun than transportation. Meaning you don't have to take it or a boat to get into the park.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X