Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disney Sending Out Free Parkhoppers?

I got one of these in the mail yesterday. Our family had been annual pass members, but they expired in May. Maybe thats the trend.

Comment

Yup any day now. I'm sure it's just a clerical error of some type. It'll be straighted out real soon. I'll get mine in the mail just like all the rest of you. No worries here. Nope not me. I'm perfectly calm. On the outside anyway....
      "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Vaio View Post
        I got one of these in the mail yesterday. Our family had been annual pass members, but they expired in May. Maybe thats the trend.
        well you could always bless someone in the park with the ticket ( random acto of kindness or sell it. what ever you decided it was awsome getting it. I would give it to some person in the park as a gift , but thats just me

Comment

Hmmm my annual pass expired in april I wonder if I'm special enough? Do you think you could use this park hopper towards purchasing an AP..something about ticket stubs?

Eitherway I think its pretty cool that they are sending these out and its awesome you got one yay you!

Comment

Originally posted by Alestro Bakai View Post
            Don't forget to add $11 parking...

So their ploy is to get the parking from you... AHA!
            More likely to get you to:
            1) bring paying guests with you
            2) eat in the park
            3) buy stuff in the park

Comment

^Don't forget...

4) To try and get the guest to buy a new AP

And if that happens, the the first 3 points happen multiple times after the free visit
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Dang, I just renewed
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                  ^Don't forget...

4) To try and get the guest to buy a new AP

And if that happens, the the first 3 points happen multiple times after the free visit
                  Or not, making those fewer visits generate higher per-day gate revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
                    wow!! Awsome!! Wish it was me
                    Me too! I'd love an excuse like that to head to park this November.
                    BTW, Karla, I laughed out loud at the baby in your sig. Very funny.

Comment

w00t!!! My momma just got her free ticket in the mail! Hubster and I are Premium AP holders...so she lucks out with the free parking, too!
                      She should really dig the Fall decor...I think the landscaping is her favorite part of Disneyland...

w00t!
                      Originally posted by All4dISNEY
                      Words hurt.

Comment

Is there any noticable pattern yet as to who they're sending the free pass to? I'm hoping it's not just for expired AP holders. My birthday is coming up in November and I'm really hoping my best friend can go, but she can't afford to buy a ticket.

Comment

My in-laws got one and they never have been to Disneyland!!!! Hopefully since my hubby has the same last name Disney will allow us to use the ticket. The only thing Im worried about is that we would have to have the same address or something.
                          "Minnie is the Audrey Hepburn of Disney. She's been wearing black flats and polka dots since the 1930's."
                          Kidada Jones

Comment

The voucher says it must have the same name or address, and, at least on mine, only the last name was listed on the voucher. Therefore you should be fine.

Comment

3 of my neighbors received the vouchers. Pretty interesting considering they are next door to each other and none of them has been to DL in the past 15-20 years.

Comment

i just got one... my annual pass hasnt yet expired, but it's a socal select, and so i'm blacked out for a large portion of the year.. (including every weekend). The fact that they only send one to a family (and mine was addressed to 'family of' is just a ploy to get three or four people to buy full price tickets while 'saving' the cost of one. I'll fool em.. i often go alone, so i'll just use it on a day when i'd norbally be blocked out.
                                sigpic

Comment

I got one too in the mail. I have been a annual pass holder before twice and stayed at the hotel. Is it really real?

Comment

Wow! I got just mine today! Lucky me!

Comment

My co-worker told me yesterday that he got something in the mail this week from Disneyland but that he had yet to open it. After reading this thread a couple of days ago, I quickly told him to open it and that it might be a free ticket like the OP received. I'll have to wait until I see him Monday to find out what it was that he got.

I wonder how they're doing this though if some of you have mentioned that the people getting these passes have never been to Disneyland. Just a random draw through a phone book?
                                      http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                                      www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                                      http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

My friend just received a free hopper. She thinks she got one because her family owns Disney stock.
                                        Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
                                        [Skipper & Archaeologist]

Comment

Has anyone heard of someone getting a pass that did not live in SoCal?

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X