This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autopia Closed?

I heard on another disney board (I believe from a castmember) that Autopia will be closed in Oct. for work on Nemo. Anyone know anything about this? It doesn't say anything about it on the Disneyland website.
    Oct. 2-4....DL here we come!:yea:

Re: Autopia Closed?

Originally posted by disneybound View Post
    I heard on another disney board (I believe from a castmember) that Autopia will be closed in Oct. for work on Nemo. Anyone know anything about this? It doesn't say anything about it on the Disneyland website.
    Unless plans have changed, Autopia is supposed to be closed from Oct 2 - 20 for repainting and likely some related work on the Subs.

Comment

And welcome DB. Are you going to be hanging around ?
      Last edited by Gunny; 09-26-2006, 02:57 PM. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I actually have been hanging around for the last couple months but just reading.....this was my first post. We go to DL on Monday! But I'm sure I'll still be around planning for our next trip!
        Oct. 2-4....DL here we come!:yea:

Comment

Hmmm... I'd say "well it isn't on the DL calendar" but we know that really doesn't mean much. I'll look for updates here and at MP as I get closer to leaving on the 7th. I know my DD will be disappointed as the whole 52" thing was a big deal to her (she barely meets it with her shoes on!!) and she is itching to drive alone!! (so grown up at 8!)
          I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you�d meet a kid,
          then 10 seconds later you�d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Hey, welcome Disneybound! I'm pretty sure they'll do something for Nemo while they've got it closed down. Get in there where the track gets close and do some landscaping or light construction.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I'm guessing it's for the changes of the queue for Nemo since they changed exits from the one that had you ending up at Winner's Circle (where the Nemo queue will be) to exiting the same way you entered.
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

They need to change the dreadful color scheme at Autopia to go with the latest TL paint!

Comment

not only will they paint it, they will paint it in pastel colors and add a loop!

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                    not only will they paint it, they will paint it in pastel colors and add a loop!
                    Don't forget the jump through the ring of fire!

Comment

Originally posted by disneyhound View Post
                      Don't forget the jump through the ring of fire!
                      oh wait.. did i mention that it will then go through a tunnel and enter a show building.. with IASW dolls!

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                        oh wait.. did i mention that it will then go through a tunnel and enter a show building.. with IASW dolls!
                        10 points a piece! )

Comment

Originally posted by disneybound View Post
                          Thanks for the welcome. I actually have been hanging around for the last couple months but just reading.....this was my first post. We go to DL on Monday! But I'm sure I'll still be around planning for our next trip!

I was trying to decide if Mon or Tuesday would be better. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by merlinjones View Post
                            They need to change the dreadful color scheme at Autopia to go with the latest TL paint!
                            That is the plan while it is closed. They have already began the early stages of painting in the queue.

Comment

Darn, now I have to let our 5 year old DD drive our car!!!
                              Foolish Mortal
                              sigpic

Comment

While not listed at Disneyland.com, Autopia will be closing for about 4 weeks after the park closes on Sunday, October 1st to allow for work on the new Finding Nemo Sub Lagoon attraction. During this closure, expect to see some work done on Autopia, but the majority of the work will be to the Sub Lagoon which required the track to be closed for safety reasons.
                                Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X