Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disney Gallery Event Question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Disney Gallery Event Question

    Hi All -

    I'm fairly new to posting here, although I've read the MiceAge articles and various MiceChat posts for a couple years now. I was wondering if anyone has experience with the Disney Gallery events, specifically in reference to Walt Disney Classics Collection new sculpture releases. In particular, I'm looking at signing up for the release of the "Jack's Back" sculpture which is scheduled for October 28th at Disneyland. Dave Pacheco, who is the Creative Director for the WDCC will be there to sign the CoAs of the pieces. Here's the Gallery link to the event (and a picture of the sculpture):

    http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...nightmare.html



    So my question is: this announcement has been up on the Gallery website for quite awhile now, but they still haven't made it available for sign up. The event is in a month - does anyone know how long before they usually open these things up? Also, does anyone know what the likely format will be - is it a couple hour thing that you have to be present at to get your piece, or is it something that you could pick-up anytime during the day as long as you've signed up?

    Thanks for any help!

    -Alisa
    Los Angeles, CA

  • #2
    Re: Disney Gallery Event Question

    You might want to call DL, or email them to get the
    specifics on how it will work.

    They operate each event so differently. Sometimes
    you just get there early and stand in line, othertimes
    there are wristbands. Unfortunately, sometimes
    they don't even know until the day before. I've even gotten
    wrong info from cast members inside DL, a couple of times.

    So best to talk to person in charge of this event/product release.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Disney Gallery Event Question

      Thanks for the insight - this will be my first time going to one of these events (if I end up being able to sign up when it's posted) and it seems like they are all a little crazy.

      I appreciate the help!

      Alisa

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Disney Gallery Event Question

        Originally posted by Fantasmic! View Post
        I'm fairly new to posting here, although I've read the MiceAge articles and various MiceChat posts for a couple years now.
        Welcome Alisa!!


        Happiest Memories on Earth!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Disney Gallery Event Question

          i want this scultpure so bad!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Disney Gallery Event Question

            Thanks MadMadameMim!

            Lesmisfan, I want this really bad as well - I've never really gone all out for one of the really cool WDCC sculptures, but this one is so interesting (and it's Jack!) that I might just have to do it!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Disney Gallery Event Question

              ditto!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Fantasmic! View Post
                So my question is: this announcement has been up on the Gallery website for quite awhile now, but they still haven't made it available for sign up.
                This isn't a "sign-up" type of event. It's the release of a Classics Collection piece, and those aren't usually exclusive to Disneyland. You should pretty much be able to get the piece itself from any retailers who sells Classics pieces. The only benefit you would get here seems to be a meet and greet and/or signing. The only other thing is that if you buy the piece at Disneyland, you'll get a special Arribas Brothers crystal associated with the release. They don't seem to mention that this time, so I don't know if they're doing it.

                The only thing they don't have mentioned yet is what time the meet and greet will be, but maybe they haven't been able to confirm with the artists yet.

                If you need to plan now, I would suggest planning on being there at park opening, since the release is at Disneyana. Signings/meet and greets usually start then or maybe an hour or two afterward.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Disney Gallery Event Question

                  Originally posted by cstephens View Post
                  This isn't a "sign-up" type of event. It's the release of a Classics Collection piece, and those aren't usually exclusive to Disneyland. You should pretty much be able to get the piece itself from any retailers who sells Classics pieces. The only benefit you would get here seems to be a meet and greet and/or signing. The only other thing is that if you buy the piece at Disneyland, you'll get a special Arribas Brothers crystal associated with the release. They don't seem to mention that this time, so I don't know if they're doing it.

                  The only thing they don't have mentioned yet is what time the meet and greet will be, but maybe they haven't been able to confirm with the artists yet.

                  If you need to plan now, I would suggest planning on being there at park opening, since the release is at Disneyana. Signings/meet and greets usually start then or maybe an hour or two afterward.
                  Thanks for the info! I'm basically trying to decide between hanging out at the park that morning versus going to this Behind the Scenes Tour at the San Diego Zoo that the alumni group for my college put together - but unfortunately that tour starts at 9:30am in San Diego. Given that the WDCC piece is a limited edition of 1,000 (between Disneyland and Walt Disney World), for those of you with experience, do you think this is something you would need to get at park opening to have a shot? Or if I were to be able to stop in Anaheim say at 1pm or so that day after going to San Diego, they would likely still have some of the sculptures?

                  Thanks again for all the advice!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When they have released pieces in the past, I do not recall them selling out on the first day.

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X