Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

New Nor Cal Marketing strategy...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Nor Cal Marketing strategy...

    I noticed that my local Safeway has switched from selling 3-day park hoppers to 2-day park hoppers...

    I guess they are trying to bring on those of us in Northern California who are "weekend warriors."

    They are priced at $85... (Adult for Kid's price)
    Check out my other blog:

  • #2
    Ive been seeing a lot of TV ads for WDW. I havent seen one TV ad for DLR. When I was staying down there at the end of March, I saw TV ads every other commercial, but natta up here. Just a billboard or two. I live near Oakland, so I drive a lot of freeways and notice these things.....
    Free Ipods!
    Free X-Box 360!

    Comment


    • #3
      How weird. I've been seeing the Goofy ads quite a bit lately.

      Comment


      • #4
        Northern Californian Worrior

        Instead of lowering the price for the weekend, Disney ought to extend Annual Passes to Northern California. I wonder if this weekend marketing ploy is a test in that direction?
        -Silent Sentinel of the Deep-


        We've enjoyed having you aboard on this
        adventerous voyage through Liquidspace...
        our last frontier on the planet Earth.






        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Liquidspaceman
          Instead of lowering the price for the weekend, Disney ought to extend Annual Passes to Northern California. I wonder if this weekend marketing ploy is a test in that direction?
          Well I don't know how well this would work for them... You would have to give a pretty good deal to make it work... And I am not certain that they would extend the So Cal pricing to No Cal...

          But imagine this, a weekend AP... with block outs for the weekdays... Market it at $95 for No Cal residents...
          Check out my other blog:

          Comment


          • #6
            Ugh. As a NorCal tourist I prefer to take a few days off work and go on the weekdays instead, when the park isn't crowded by every person in the general LA area taking their kid out for a weekend Disneyland visit.

            I expect discount pricing would be offered to Las Vegas before NorCal, because it's closer and growth is booming.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MickeyMania
              Ugh. As a NorCal tourist I prefer to take a few days off work and go on the weekdays instead, when the park isn't crowded by every person in the general LA area taking their kid out for a weekend Disneyland visit.
              How long do you spend at the park when you are visiting usually?
              Check out my other blog:

              Comment


              • #8
                I'm a NorCal guy and I have a PAP because I get to go often enough for it to make sense (ok the 10% merchandise discount helps to justify it!)

                I think the people from NorCal likely to have AP's probably already do.
                The Mur
                ______________________________________________
                Two different worlds.....we live in two different worlds

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by themur
                  I'm a NorCal guy and I have a PAP because I get to go often enough for it to make sense (ok the 10% merchandise discount helps to justify it!)

                  I think the people from NorCal likely to have AP's probably already do.
                  Actually, I do too, because I am down there often enough, but I never know when I will be, so I like being able to do anytime I am down... However, that is a hefty price tag... And ten percent isn't much a discount...
                  Check out my other blog:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cellarhound
                    How long do you spend at the park when you are visiting usually?
                    I get a 3 day ticket and either enjoy the 3rd morning and leave in the afternoon or use all 3 days and leave on the next morning.

                    15 years ago I pulled quite a stunt by going for a whole week and staying at the DL Hotel for the whole trip. Since I only go once every 5-7 years, it's a bit more reasonable to have done that, and also that's the same reason why I wouldn't need an AP.

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X