This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fearsnda said:
    I am stunned that people still sort of question it.
    Yeah, I don't get it either as much as it's been talked about by several
    of the insiders around here. Some posters are in denial most likely and need to go to Nemo Anonymous meetings....

Comment

I am both stunned that people still think this will not be Finding Nemo and that anyone can think Disneyland is not improving with the current administration. You guys must be going to a different Disneyland than I am. Or you just like complaining for no reason at all. Let's go complain some more about the red on Innoventions...oh wait. I don't see what the problem is with having Pixar themed rides. They are phenomenal films that make a lot of money for good reason, people associate Disney with them and expect to see them in the parks. If they can blend these characters popular with kids with attraction set ups that appeal to adults, more power to them. Based on what I have seen from Mr. Ouimet in the last year and a half, I don't think we have anything to worry about.
      -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
      I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

AMEN pyrateslife4me84!!!!

DL is get better everytime I log onto this PC and read another post or see a new picture. Way to go EVERYONE at TDA!
        WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Excerpt from MousePlanet:
          http://www./more/mm050504as.htm

Interestingly, there was absolutely no mention of the submarine lagoon in Disneyland, or the Finding Nemo theme that has been rumored to be a part of its reconstruction.

Not that I think that makes it any less likely to be what's going in there, but it is indeed an interesting turn of events.
          See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
          78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

So is there going to be anymore announcements today?

Comment

Maybe Matt Ouimet had a revelation: "Hey we already have a pixar ride in tommorowland! We cant have two!" and told the Imagineers to quickly come up with something different for the subs

Comment

One of my "sources" from another board is saying that they have held back the announcement till July when Space opens so Nemo dosn't overshadow Space.
                ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostbuster626
                  Maybe Matt Ouimet had a revelation: "Hey we already have a pixar ride in tommorowland! We cant have two!" and told the Imagineers to quickly come up with something different for the subs
                  Well, yeah, it does seem like standing across the way from the park that just got Buzz, and in the park with Pixar's Block Party Bash, announcing that you're building Monsters there, and a Nemo attraction, AND announcing a SECOND Nemo attraction... would be overkill.

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Maybe the new Submarine Voyage is getting changed to an Incredibles theme.

"Submarine Voyage w/Mr. Incredible: Lets Improvise but still cash in on a pixar film!"

Comment

Maybe the new Submarine Voyage is getting changed to an Incredibles theme.

"Submarine Voyage w/Mr. Incredible: Lets Improvise but still cash in on a pixar film!"
                      I still think the better way to do the Incredibles (and, for a change, doesn't so totally violate the theme of its location) would have been to put it in the SSL building instead of Monsters. You create a facade based on a Museum of Movie Superheroes, and pass through "exhibits" about them, culminating in a chance to sit inside The Incredibles' family car (based on his original car, but big enough for his family of five of course). But, just as you get in and imagine what it must be like to be one of the Incredibles, Syndrome hijacks the car by remote control! HE drives the car out of the museum, and through the streets of Metroville. New Supers try to help you along the way, but only Frozone and the Incredibles can save you and return you to the museum.

Personally, I found the movie extremely derivative and dull, but you can make a Mr. Toad from a Wind in the Willows, and SuperHero Limo might've actually been fun.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Hi I like to complain. I also like to complain about complainers. I like to give people what they deserve because if I don't set them straight, who will? I like to bash on people bashing on Disneyland because they shouldn't be bashing. I like to read into posts more then I really should and say things about that person's post that they never really said, for example "how can anyone think Disneyland is not improving with the current administration". I also like to repeat what the person above me posted but in different words because my opinion needs to be heard even if its the exactly the same as the orginal poster. But thats just me.
                        (insert funny comment here)

Comment

I still liked the idea about puting The Incredibles into the Tron tunnel with Dash (I forget who thought of that.)

Anyway, Mod... did you find The Incredibles dull? Interesting!
                          Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

Originally posted by robotpirates
                            I still liked the idea about puting The Incredibles into the Tron tunnel with Dash (I forget who thought of that.)

Anyway, Mod... did you find The Incredibles dull? Interesting!
                            Well, the Dash tunnel may have been me, though II may not have been the only one to suggest such a thing. But yes... even though I play with the movie's elements, the movie just didn't seem to be original. If it was supposed to be a spoof, it wasn't funny enough. It just felt like one part Fantastic 4, one part Frank Miller's "Dark Knight Returns," and one part Powerpuff Girls (but nowhere near as good).

I do think it could be a good basis for a ride. But for my money, it better be done in a way that doesn't keep turning DLR into an unthematic Six Flags park.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

FWIW, I heard from a tour guide that it's Nemo.
                              I've also heard that same rumor that they're saving the announcement until the 17th.
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I've also heard from tour guides that there will never be subs in the lagoon again, so no matter what you hear, always take it with a grain of salt.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Listen, everyone needs to face facts here. Pixar and cartoons have NO place in Tommorowland. Sci fi movies? sure, original attractions themed to the future? sure, cheap overlays based on the latest "big hit" CG animated cartoon? NO.

Comment

Listen, everyone needs to face facts here. Pixar and cartoons have NO place in Tommorowland. Sci fi movies? sure, original attractions themed to the future? sure, cheap overlays based on the latest "big hit" CG animated cartoon? NO.
                                    You stated your opinion and said we need to face the facts? There are no facts in this statement, just an opinion you are justified to have as much as anyone else is justified in their opinions. Just don't disguise your opinion as a fact. I am personally of the opinion that a futuristic ride like this fits in Tomorrowland, and the addition of the Nemo characters will make the ride more appealing to kids, so I'm all for this. And that's my opinion and not necessarily yours. But, it is also the opinion Disney is taking. It seems very early to be criticizing a ride, though. I would not have been in favor of a ride themed to Song of the South (were I in a position to be having such thoughts in the mid 1980s) because I don't think it was a worthwhile movie, and yet the Imagineers pulled it off exceedingly well. And it certainly didn't fit into Bear Country, so they changed it. And didn't Walt want Disneyland to be constantly changing? Provided it is a change for the better, but we are in no position to judge whether or not this will be a good ride since we know absolutely nothing official about it. However, I do know that the last thing I want to see is Disneyland stagnate. Let the Imagineers do their job--this is a well-funded project.
                                    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pyrateslife4me84
                                      You stated your opinion and said we need to face the facts? There are no facts in this statement, just an opinion you are justified to have as much as anyone else is justified in their opinions. Just don't disguise your opinion as a fact. I am personally of the opinion that a futuristic ride like this fits in Tomorrowland, and the addition of the Nemo characters will make the ride more appealing to kids, so I'm all for this. And that's my opinion and not necessarily yours. But, it is also the opinion Disney is taking. It seems very early to be criticizing a ride, though. I would not have been in favor of a ride themed to Song of the South (were I in a position to be having such thoughts in the mid 1980s) because I don't think it was a worthwhile movie, and yet the Imagineers pulled it off exceedingly well. And it certainly didn't fit into Bear Country, so they changed it. And didn't Walt want Disneyland to be constantly changing? Provided it is a change for the better, but we are in no position to judge whether or not this will be a good ride since we know absolutely nothing official about it. However, I do know that the last thing I want to see is Disneyland stagnate. Let the Imagineers do their job--this is a well-funded project.
                                      See, you hit on an interesting point... For one, SotS won an Oscar (and an honorary Oscar for James Baskett's wonderful performance) back in the days when full-length animated features didn't have their own category. Zip-a-dee-doo-dah is up there with When you wish upon a star in terms of songs symbolizing everything magical about Disney. So, sounds pretty worthwhile, but that is a matter of opinion.

Regardless, Splash wasn't a ride based on SotS. It was based on the idea that Disney wanted to build a flume ride, and build it in a way only Disney could. IT would have been good even without SotS, because it was at its time the highest flume drop in any amusement park, and it also had innovative touches like the flume "bunny hill." SotS just adds the icing to an already tasty cake.

One could argue that Nemo will be a similar icing. Again, matter of opinion. But who says "we are in no position to judge whether or not this will be a good ride"?

To quote you, "You stated your opinion... There are no facts in this statement, just an opinion you are justified to have as much as anyone else is justified in their opinions. Just don't disguise your opinion as a fact."

We know the track layout, we know the basic vehicle, we know the new characters, we know the actual theme of the land it will be going in... We do have a large number of things on which to judge the Nemo attraction even before all the minutia and variables are nailed down. We, as park enthusiasts, are in the position to choose whether or not to judge this ride. Some may have all the evidence they need one way or the other, and some still need more...

-- Walt Disney

Comment

I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

So, let me ask... are you likely to change your opinion of Space Mountain when it reopens? For me, one of the reasons I don't like it as much is because, at my height, squeezing my legs into a pretzel to get my knees under the safety bar really isn't fun, so unless they dramatically chaged the ride vehicles (which, from all reliable sources, hasn't happend), my enjoyment of Space Mountain won't improve much, and that's as practical as it gets.

Being a Disney fan, I consider myself a natural optimist. However, optimism is like a seed, needing nourishment to grow and thrive. Not only have the various sources not given out anything to nourish my enthusiasm, but Nemo has actually been a little black raincloud. Picture, if you will, the scene in Batman where the Joker comes along and splashes dayglo colors over the Old Masters, in an effort to "improve" the paintings. That is sort of how Nemo feels to me.

Prejudging is one way to spin it. Reason is another. And I can think of many wonderful things that were achieved with reason. One man's reason is another's folly. Heck, England still has a monarchy despite what America thinks is a pretty great system free of the monarchy. But, if you judge one man's reason as prejudging, well...

Meanwhile, I would say that the Nemo overlay is far from the Splash Imagineering process. I would consider it to be more like the Tarzan overlay, the Gummi Glen overlay, WDW's Stitch overlay, its Tiki Room UNM overlay. And even a bit like our HMH overlay, but done year-round, with the original classic never to shine in its own right again. And with what I consider far less original or interesting characters and situations. Unlike SotS, Nemo hasn't been drawing audiences to theaters for over 50 years. Nemo isn't getting an attraction built from the ground up in which to house its ride. And, on top of that, while SotS was a Disney film, Nemo is just a Disney presentation of a Pixar film.

My being optimistic about something that absolutely doesn't interest me and in fact insults me quite a bit... that doesn't seem particularly practical. But that's just my opinion.

-- Walt Disney

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X