Clear All

• They messed up the turrets!!!

Dented Turret
    Dent
    Bent Turret
    Bend
    Broken rod thingie
    Broken
    Last edited by Disneyfanatic; 05-04-2005, 04:17 PM.
    "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
    - Anthony Burgess
    - Walt Disney on Disneyland

Did this have something to do with the botched curtain reveal?
    Check out my other blog:

Comment

i thought it looked dent when i went there the other night...damn! that sucks
      We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
        That looks to be the case. Dang, the castle looked perfect, too!
        Do you like catching up on the latest Disney news? Then check out the News section here on MiceChat!

Plus the show. - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by cellarhound
          Yes the curtian fell on the snapped one and the bent one and i think one of the metal things (girders i think they are called) hit the other one
          "Is a man who chooses to be bad better than a man who has the good imposed on him?"
          - Anthony Burgess

Comment

Wasnt that due to the drop curtain fiasco.. Didnt they say that the curtain filled like a parachute and messed some stuff on the castle.. maybe thats what it was..
            We rock the party that rocks the party!
            We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Comment

No, No, No... a girder did NOT fall; that would have caused a tremendous amount of damage. and the dent happened before the curtain fiasco anyway. When were these pictures actually taken? Not today; the castle should have its decorative crowns on by now anyway...

Comment

I think that has been that way for years, but the dent is more noticible now.
                "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

Originally posted by speederscout
                  the castle should have its decorative crowns on by now anyway...
                  Actually, I think the Castle gets its crowns tonight after closing.
                  Charlie :wave:
                  MiceChat User #1037

Comment

pics were taken may 1st
                    - Anthony Burgess

Comment

Originally posted by Cousin Orville
                      I think that has been that way for years, but the dent is more noticible now.
                      Well if thats the case, then why didn't they fix the darn dent when they did all the work to the castle!? It wouldn't have been THAT big of a project, would it?
                      Do you like catching up on the latest Disney news? Then check out the News section here on MiceChat!

Plus the show. - Walt Disney

Comment

Actually, those are due to the curtain. There has certainly not been wood from the castle showing for very long, and I'm sure they will fix it tonight when they add the crowns...or just cover up the mess
                        -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
                        I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Comment

The pictures made me wonder if the turrets were made out of hollow tin.

BTW, just as an FYI (and this is said in a cautionary but friendly tone) - you might want to ask the mods to edit the opening post to link to Westcoaster. I noticed that the photos were directly linked from their website, which takes bandwidth from them (and can be very costly). You can directly link the page they're posted on, I think.

Comment

thank you
                            i have changed it so it links to the pictures instead
                            - Anthony Burgess

Comment

Maybe Tink had trouble adjusting to her new "wings" and slammed into the castle a couple of times.

Comment

Aww.

Hopefully Disney'll put a giant bandaid on it tonight so it's ship shape for manana.
                                Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Comment

I am guessing the little flag poles on the turrets will be fixed tonight while the crowns are added.
                                  WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Comment

Lemme just say that THESE are 'girders' and THIS is 'truss'. Sorry, its a pet peeve as im a stage crew guy. Anyways, yea, I saw these pics on Westcoaster's pictorial update on the 1st and must say that sucks! I am fully confident that these things will be fixed tonight....
                                    Free Ipods!
                                    Free X-Box 360!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X