This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode Haunted Mansion Holiday Thursday evening - no real changes

As part of the private "Quest for the Gold" event, they opened Haunted Mansion Holiday for the guests.

Rode it twice, pretty much the same as last year.

The Stretching Room Pictures are now in Blacklight.

The Attic basically has a bunch of Gift Boxes in it (and of course, a Mechanical Monkey!!! ) Not really exciting...

Here is a photo of where the Bride usually is...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/...98672500/Large
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Rode Haunted Mansion Holiday Thursday evening - no real changes

That sucks! Im going today and I was hoping for much more

Comment

That's not really all that surprising to me, but it would've been nice for them to at least add something new and improved.

Still though, it's an awesome experience, even if you've ridden many times before. I really need to plan a Christmas trip to the resort this year. Stupid wedding and honemoon plans mucking everything up...
      "Oh good, my dog found the chainsaw."

Comment

Thanks for the update, and the great photos...

Comment

What's the story with the Pirate Ship photos?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
            The Attic basically has a bunch of Gift Boxes in it (and of course, a Mechanical Monkey!!! ) Not really exciting...
            Where is the monkey located? For some reason I don't remember this from last year...

Comment

The Columbia Photos are the finals for the $50,000 contest (Quest for the Gold).

As for the Mechanical Monkey, it is a long story, but he is basically where he has been for the last 3 years, the right side of the Doom Buggies in the Attic, about 2/3'rds of the way in...
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

He changed positions last year slightly forward and less obscured. It was a historic moment

Comment

Thanks for the update Darkbeer. Great pictures as always.

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                  The Stretching Room Pictures are now in Blacklight.
                  How odd? I wonder why they felt the need to do that??
                  Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

weren't the stretching room stained glass window's always in blacklight?

I seem to remember that room going dark right atthe begining, glass breaking, then blacklights lighting up the real paintings behind the now broken glass.

Comment

Since I've never been on it, I can't wait.
                      -Jack :geek:
                      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

Makes sense with the theming leaving out the bride. Thanks Darkbeer.
                        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

I have a silly question... are the pumpkins in the snowy drifts of the graveyard scene only there for Halloween? I just don't remember the pumpkins when we did the ride last December.
                          :yea: Its Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Comment

Granted, I don't know too much about the inner workings of this ride, but I would think that they could reprogram the Bride's projector to show someone else. Maybe Sally? Just a thought. I think the technology's too shiny to be turned off like that.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                              weren't the stretching room stained glass window's always in blacklight?

I seem to remember that room going dark right atthe begining, glass breaking, then blacklights lighting up the real paintings behind the now broken glass.
                              That is how I recall it TheDude but might have to look back at some home videos to confirm.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X