Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DLH new sign

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DLH new sign

    has anyone seen the new Disneyland Hotel sign? it is now on the side of one of the towers, darkbeer's photos show a good picture of it:

    http://www.darkbeer.smugmug.com/gall...515/7/98660296


  • #2
    Re: DLH new sign

    I'm glad they stuck with a similar font. I haven't noticed it in person, yet, but it looks nice from what I can tell.
    <o>

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: DLH new sign

      I'm not crazy about the little picture above the sign. All it needs is the old English font. It's such a classic that it speaks for itself.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: DLH new sign

        Originally posted by pixie chick View Post
        I'm glad they stuck with a similar font. I haven't noticed it in person, yet, but it looks nice from what I can tell.
        Ditto. It really is good they kept the font. Thanks to Darkbeer.
        1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: DLH new sign

          Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
          Ditto. It really is good they kept the font.
          I wish they had kept the font!




          Comment


          • #6
            Re: DLH new sign

            I'm down with the font, though the little castle image has to go! Reminds me of a graphic one would see on feminine hygene products...like the Snow White Enchanting Musical, and 2000 Epcot logos. I prefer the old school, blocky castle graphic.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: DLH new sign

              i like it, although, ditto, the little castle needs to go
              :love: :ghug:

              In serious need of a Disneyland trip
              :captain: :ap: dMom

              Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: DLH new sign

                Well, opus1guy, the font is close to the original. Isn't it the same font as the recent sign that was removed?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: DLH new sign

                  They still use the old fanshined logo too! Kudos to Disney!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: DLH new sign

                    The D and h are different, but better than what they could have done. I'm not sure what one poster meant by the same logo.
                    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: DLH new sign

                      Originally posted by nemopoppins View Post
                      Well, opus1guy, the font is close to the original. Isn't it the same font as the recent sign that was removed?
                      Close, but no cigar. And no...it's not the same as the one that was removed on the Sierra tower. They maintained the "classic" Disneyland Hotel font on the building until it was taken down last year. Here's a photo of it being removed last year (may be a Darkbeer photo):



                      The font they are using on the new sign is a mix of the current Disneyland font, which has been used for decades (and the longest) for Disneyland Park, and also often at the Disneyland Hotel in recent years since Disney (under Eisner) purchased the hotel from Wrather Enterprises. But even that current Disneyland logo and new sign is not the classic original (though some would now call it "retro") "Big D" Disneyland font either. See:



                      ...though even that one had some minor changes made to it during its run.

                      In the beginning and for most of their lives, Disneyland and the Disneyland Hotel had their own distinct yet very similar fonts styles. Though there were instances of the occasional slop-overs. This new Disneyland Hotel font (with the underscored H) is basically one they started using some time after Disney took over the hotel.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: DLH new sign

                        The sign looks good. Thanks to Darkbeer for all the great pics.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: DLH new sign

                          Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                          Close, but no cigar. And no...it's not the same as the one that was removed on the Sierra tower. They maintained the "classic" Disneyland Hotel font on the building until it was taken down last year. Here's a photo of it being removed last year (may be a Darkbeer photo):



                          The font they are using on the new sign is a mix of the current Disneyland font, which has been used for decades (and the longest) for Disneyland Park, and also often at the Disneyland Hotel in recent years since Disney (under Eisner) purchased the hotel from Wrather Enterprises. But even that current Disneyland logo and new sign is not the classic original (though some would now call it "retro") "Big D" Disneyland font either. See:



                          ...though even that one had some minor changes made to it during its run.

                          In the beginning and for most of their lives, Disneyland and the Disneyland Hotel had their own distinct yet very similar fonts styles. Though there were instances of the occasional slop-overs. This new Disneyland Hotel font (with the underscored H) is basically one they started using some time after Disney took over the hotel.

                          It's sad seeing them take that sign down! And I loved this font more than the OLD Disneyland Hotel font, personally.

                          -Lauryn


                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: DLH new sign

                            well I like it. can't wait to see it again

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: DLH new sign

                              Well...at least they didn't use this one:



                              ...which was an official Disneyland font used in the early 1960's for various things...but was mainly used in third-party advertising (such as in ads and flyers for Private Parties, and contests and sweepstakes and such by corporate Park participants, etc). But Disneyland used it on occasion on their printed material too.

                              It is kinda a fun font however, and has a sort of Mad Hatter feel to it.



                              As a professional critique of the new Disneyland Hotel sign in the original post:

                              1. I don't like (or perhaps just can't make out) the castle logo, and am hoping the photo was taken while it's still being worked on.

                              2. I think the castle and letter "lines" are spaced too far apart.

                              But then again...as Stan Freberg said:

                              "Everybody wants to be an Art Director,
                              Everybody wants to call the shots..."

                              Last edited by Opus1guy; 10-01-2006, 11:21 AM.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: DLH new sign

                                ! They've officially used that logo since the branding of the Disneyland Resort. I have a map of DCA from the opening month that shows that as the Hotel logo.
                                Interesting that it took so long to go up.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: DLH new sign

                                  Ditch the Icon... it's dinky, particularly for the size of the font
                                  Buy Genius eau de toilette: Made with 1% Inspiration

                                  Happiness is returning after a much regretted hiatus!!!

                                  BOO!

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: DLH new sign

                                    Its.
                                    Just.
                                    A.
                                    Sign.

                                    A nice sign at that.
                                    BACKPACKING REALNESS

                                    DISNEY TRIPS
                                    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                                    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                                    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                                    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                                    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                                    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

                                    (VERY OLD!)
                                    TRIP REPORTS

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: DLH new sign

                                      Hey, don't knock it. Sometimes, the appearance of a sign can make all the difference when choosing a hotel.
                                      Buy Genius eau de toilette: Made with 1% Inspiration

                                      Happiness is returning after a much regretted hiatus!!!

                                      BOO!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: DLH new sign

                                        Originally posted by Dippy Dawg View Post
                                        Hey, don't knock it. Sometimes, the appearance of a sign can make all the difference when choosing a hotel.
                                        I would definately choose Motel 6 over Disneyland Hotel because Motel 6 doesn't have a castle icon in their logo.
                                        I LUV DIZNEELAN. YAY

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X