This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTC ... ever noticed?

Right when you leave Lafitte's Landing, look straight up and don't look away. You'll see a shooting star every 30 secs or so. Anybody ever noticed that projection?

Re: POTC ... ever noticed?

My wife and I noticed it again when she had her first ride this last week. It's right in front of the Blue Bayou above us. As always, love the extra added ambiance.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

That star's been there since before I was a little girl.

Comment

Definitely yes! I love that effect during the ride. Another little touch that makes DL rides so much better than everywhere else!
        Foolish Mortal
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that's the first thing that the kids look for when we have a meal at the Blue Bayou.

Nice touch!

Comment

Never noticed that. I'll have to look today, thanks for the info!
            -Jack :geek:
            Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

i so looking that up on monday

but i dont really like that ride anymore

Comment

Yeah, and also RIGHT before you leave the landing look up to the left, theres some white thing that looks like pacman. I see it every time! Anyone know what it is?

And also, the fire in the ride was caused by a menorah, as you can see in a window.

But yeah, the shooting star is cool

Comment

When I was a kid I used to count the stars when we ate at Blue Bayou. There seem to be fewer fireflies now than there used to be though. The last time we rode it I think I only saw two. Maybe my memories have just gotten exaggerated over the years but I remember there being more.
                  Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

Yep. The shooting star has been there since Pirates first opened in 1967.

It has gone on temporary "hiatus" a few times however. But it always eventually came back.

Comment

We had never noticed it before in all our visits, but for some strange reason this year we saw it!!

Comment

Never noticed that.
                        Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                        "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                        -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                        -August 2nd 2010

Comment

I love it! I look for it every time.

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedhoilday View Post
                            Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
                            http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Comment

Originally posted by hauntedhoilday View Post
                              How is that possible?

I've never noticed the star before. I'll have to look for it next time.....

Comment

i saw it last time i rode it, right before the shut down and refurb....we only got once or twice a year, just so you know

Comment

Originally posted by Alestro Bakai View Post
                                  Right when you leave Lafitte's Landing, look straight up and don't look away. You'll see a shooting star every 30 secs or so. Anybody ever noticed that projection?
                                  That is very interesting, I've not heard about, (or seen) this. I'll certainly have to take a look next time I'm there. (I would never have found that one on my own!)
                                  Tikiforum.com - A new community dedicated to Tiki culture

Comment

Originally posted by Doofy View Post
                                    There seem to be fewer fireflies now than there used to be though. The last time we rode it I think I only saw two. Maybe my memories have just gotten exaggerated over the years but I remember there being more.
                                    I think the fireflies tend to burn out from time to time. I remember seeing several right after the refurb, maybe 7 - 10. I always look for them as I'm planning to get some for the backyard, and some micechatters were kind enough to tell me where to get them online.

Comment

I have always liked the shooting star. Gave an added ambience.
                                      If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Yeah, that thing has been there forever. I think it may have been off for a while last year, but it's good to know that it is back.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X