X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demigod
    replied
    Did anyone get pictures of the cast members standing opposite the picture backdrop? Buffy was one of the CMs greeting the VIPs as they came in.

I'd really like to have a picture of her standing there, if at all possible!

She said she got to shake hands with Sean Astin!

Leave a comment:

• BigThunder
    replied
    Thanks for the great pics. Wish i could be there. WAAA!

Leave a comment:

• dsnylndmom
    replied
    Great pictures thanks for sharing!!

Leave a comment:

• BigPigletFan
    replied
    Once again, thank you!!! You're great. And the ISAW photos too! You knew I'd be wanting one. I agree the gold vehicles look great. I'll add that to my list of things to do. The Peter Pan one looks great too.

Leave a comment:

• EpTxGuy
    replied
    Thank you to everyone who's there and sharing your pics, experiences and emotions of the 50th. For those of us who can't make it there until later this summer. we really appreciate you being our eyes and ears. Locals rule!

Leave a comment:

• testtrack321
    replied
    Why do I have the feeling this will be the MOST INCREDIBLE celebration ever? I mean, Tim Allen, Steve Marting, Kelsey Grammer, etc! Amazing decorations, amazing parade, amazing fireworks, new rides, new shows! WOW!

I applaud Disney for their great work! :bow:

Leave a comment:

• ~*~Aniko~*~
    replied
    :bow: thanks for the pictures :bow:

ill see you all in 4 hours!!

Leave a comment:

• snowflake
    replied
    AndersDMB :bow:

Fantastic photos! Thanks so much for sharing them! Everything looks great and I can hardly wait for October! Let's hope there will be no tarnish on the golden ride vehicles for photos, I love those, I must say.

Thanks again for providing the pics!

Snow

Leave a comment:

• Indiana J
    replied
    Wow can is all i can say! These pics made my night haha it sucks to be so far away

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Originally posted by Disneyfanatic
    AndersDMB do you mind if i use on of those nemo sub pics (the last one) for my thread
    feel free to use it.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfanatic
    replied
    AndersDMB do you mind if i use on of those nemo sub pics (the last one) for my thread

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Ok, found a few more pics

Since it was a media event here's another pic of all of the tv equipment around

Stage set up by Main St Station, not sure if it was used on the 4th at night or if it's for the 5th.

Happiest Faces near the treehouse

and a final pic, a change to the Buzz Lightyear sign, no longer says "To infinity and beyond"

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    I would assume the 3 new attractions are Buzz Lightyear, relaunched Space Mountain and the First 50 Years exhibit. So a little exageration of the term "new" maybe.

Some of the pics below will be the hidden 50th Mickeys and also a couple of pics from a new section of the Jungle Cruise, so be forewarned.

The full model of the Disneyland on opening day

the Buzz Stage for the opening ceremony

Now for some of the 50's

The web is completed on the mansion

the Tea Cups receive their own 50

Jungle Cruise addition

the first sign of a new addition

a smiling goldfish painted on a rock

attack in action

I think that is most of the pics that I got, if I locate others I'll post them as well, look for DisneyKat's additions in the coming day or so, I'm sure Gwyren will post pics as well.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyfanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by AndersDMB

The plaque for the 50th Model
    What are the 3 new attractions for 2005

Leave a comment:

• Modern Folly
    replied
    It's so nice to see that Disneyland is getting so much media attention...even if some of the reporters are calling it WDW.

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    Wiat ... Eisner was in a T-Shirt???? Baaad show if you ask me .... but i think that those models of DL are AMAZING!

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    Now for a few pics of the media event itself, since I'm sure many of you are interested in that as well.

The Gold Carpet set up following the Parade of Dreams

the carpet extended out to the hub where final preparations for the night time event were under way

Many media members decided to interview characters, here Buzz is being interviewed by Univision

Mickey and Minnie in an interview

Even though the marquee had been on display for a while now, they covered it with a blue curtain, like all of the golden vehicles. There was a event to unveil the exhibit for the media, Steve Martin and Donald Duck were both there, this is the banner that appeared after the initial blue curtain was taken down

The official unveiling, if you look closely you can see Steve Martin behind someone's camcorder

For this next pic, take a look at how dressed up Eisner got for the occasion.

Eisner was part of the official grand opening of Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Tim Allen was on hand for the ceremony as well. DisneyKat has better pics I think since my first camera battery died during the ceremony.

The plaque for the 50th Model

The Fantasyland section of the model

Leave a comment:

• Fantasmico!
    replied
    wonderful pics. thanks for rushing them to us! that original sketch is incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Anders
    replied
    It stayed overcast for quite a while, the sun broke through later in the afternoon. Dusty, good seeing you tonight as well. more pics coming, sorry, have a dialup connection unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• MiceMan
    replied
    Ooohh! Cool! Definitely looked like a gloomy day!

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X