Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A.I.:What could be added for the future Halloweentimes?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A.I.:What could be added for the future Halloweentimes?

First before I comment on previous posts, I want to say this:

Have Tom Sawyer Island get a Pirate Island overlay for HalloweenTime instead of completely converting TSI permantly. Redo the island to make it more interactive and pirate overlay ready, including Fort Wilderness. Also backstage prepare for pirate decor. Then around when POTC: At Worlds End premieres, open to tie into the movie and Million Dreams. Then convert the island back to TSI after Halloween. NOW every HalloweenTime, TSI gets the pirate overlay.

Fort Wilderness becomes a Port Royal-esqe fort (cover the wooden walls with stone/rock facade) with interactive cannons (ala TDS's cannons on the ship), treehouse designed for Tia Dalma, suspension bridge similar to the cannibal's bridges (fines, leaves, and twig themeing decor), the caves themed with gold, treasure skeletons, Aztec gold, and Dead Man's Chest, and "pirate" water barge bridge (perhaps the barges dubbed as rum containers), and the waterwheel have a tie-in to the waterwheel in POTC 2.

All suggestions sound good (esp for a villains show, parade, and fireworks). Of course with the argument of Witch Trials, that's probably the only thing I'll disapprove. Ghost stories infront of Golden Horseshoe (in place of Laughing Stock) and Woody's Halloween Roundup continue as is.

I think they still do the Headless Horseman at WDW, it looks awesome. I WANT THAT for the parade

I also don't want a separate ticket event, besides DCA's version. I won't usually go to that anyways.

Using Sally in place of the HM bride would be neat. Not to mention a Dr. Finkelstein laboratory . Maybe move the present props that were there else in the attraction. They definately need to keep the snake with the list in its mouth, the laboratory may still be appropiate if done right.

Scare areas should not be anywhere in DLR.

I think TOT is already considered to have an overlay/Halloween additions with its decor. But I guess that reader wanted more. I'm fine with what they have now for TOT's Halloween.

Transform not only Columbia, but Mark Twain as well for ghost/haunted/spokky ships. Not sure if its possible to switch back n forth for Fantastmic!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Comment

there are so many good ideas...the problem is finding one that works with disneyland and appeals to the main audience: little kids. That's what makes it so difficult and is probably what stopped them from doing much year after year. I think hmh is a great idea even if it is not the best ride...how bout a comercial saying that Jack Skellington first took over christmas now is taking over disneyland with all the villains! that would be too scary for kids though...they would be scared theyd get attacked. When I was little a friend told me when she went on HM someone grabbed her shoulder on the scream part in the elevator. For years I feared the same...little kids do not know what is disney and what is not...so they get scared.
      -It might be cool to redo small world with each country celebrating halloween or their version.
      -I love the idea of all the characters dressing up...except maybe the face characters...it would be hard to recognize them.
      -I like the smoke /fog over the water idea...in the day it could be that water/smog to cool people down.
      -I kinda like the pumpkin motif...i think its very halloween without being scary. Why dont they have a disney pumpkin carving set to tie in with it? Or a pumpkin carving class/celebration in mainstreet or one of the resturants! That would be cute with the little kids.
      -One of the resturants/candy stores should teach kids to make candy corn that they get to keep or halloween cookies...
      -I think it would be cute to maybe make fantasyland have a candy motif.
      -The matterhorn at night could have orange light instead of purple.
      -Space mountain could add some friendly ghosts...created the same way as the stars...its more with older kids anyway
      -there definately should be a halloween parade...or a halloween ending to the normal parade...SOMETHING
      -Thunder mountain should be spiffed up for halloween...at least playing up the bats
      -I wish u could dress up all month long because I don't really have much to do on halloween nor can I really go out that night...I still wanna dress up though!
      -More pumpkin pie!
      hmmm there are so many great ideas out there I bet! Great thread! I do understand why halloween is harder than christmas though...theres no halloween songs and it can get scary...BUT why not just make it have more of an autumn feel...bring on the turkeys and fall leaves

Comment

Originally posted by belleariel412 View Post
        I think hmh is a great idea even if it is not the best ride...how bout a comercial saying that Jack Skellington first took over christmas now is taking over disneyland with all the villains!

-It might be cool to redo small world with each country celebrating halloween or their version.

-Why dont they have a disney pumpkin carving set to tie in with it? Or a pumpkin carving class/celebration in mainstreet or one of the resturants! That would be cute with the little kids.

-One of the resturants/candy stores should teach kids to make candy corn that they get to keep or halloween cookies...

-I think it would be cute to maybe make fantasyland have a candy motif.

-The matterhorn at night could have orange light instead of purple.

-Space mountain could add some friendly ghosts...created the same way as the stars...its more with older kids anyway

-there definately should be a halloween parade...or a halloween ending to the normal parade...SOMETHING

-BUT why not just make it have more of an autumn feel...bring on the turkeys and fall leaves
        Jack leading the Disney Villains sounds wonderful.

Not every country celebrates Halloween. Besides, Small World changes for that other holiday soon. I think its wiser to leave it as is during HalloweenTime.

Little kids+pumpkin carving knives... they can do that at home with their parents. Plus, I don't think Disneyland wants kids with knives... even with adult supervision.

Woody's Halloween Roundup is already trying Mr. Potatoe Head cakes (or something like that). Reviews have been mixed. At least they tried something new. Most likely they'll have Halloween cookie decorations next year and stick with that.

FL with candy motif... possibly cool.

Matterhorn with orange or some other colored light, should be very nice.

Space Mountain with ghosts?? I'm not sure, I'll pass.

I'd rather have a Halloween parade, than a Halloween ending.

I think Disneyland is already doing the best they can with the autumn feel decor.

I'm sure every year HalloweenTime will grow bigger and better every year, no doubt about it.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
        -Jurassic Park

Comment

I would like to see Davy Joned walking around next year.
          I would also like them to do a ToT overlay like they do with HM but of course it would not be a NBC overlay. Piates overlay?lol but I do think they should do a Halloween over lay at ToT so it gives people another reason to go to DCA.

Also maybe a Halloween show where lincoln/the 50th show is.
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

I sort of think ToT is creepy on it's own. But then, I think HM is Halloween-themed on it's own, too.
            Would it be possible to do a Halloween-themed Monorail? Or a spooky DLRR? Or would that just be over-kill?
            Oo-de-lally!

Comment

What about Fantasmic Halloween?

Fantasmic! already has a fairly spooky feel with plenty of villains. How difficult would it be to change it to provide more of a Halloween-theme? Perhaps Jack, Sally and Oogie on one of the barges? Fantasmic! is showing a little age ... perhaps this would make it more exciting for the locals again? I'm sure there are plenty of ideas for making Fantasmic! a Halloween spectacular.

As for the rest ... why not a Halloween/Alien Encounter version of Space Mountain? They can do Rockit Mountain ... why not a Halloween version?

Perhaps not a complete interior redo of Small World, but why not some exterior overlay (purple and orange lights, perhaps?) and costumes on the child dolls in the clock that come out every 15 minutes? You could also do some Halloween-themed topiary and the light system they use for Fireworks and Christmas could be updated to do some cool lighting effects every 15 minutes in the evenings during October.

Why not some additional theming for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad ... it's halfway got a ghost town theme as it is. Why not a little more? "This here's the hauntedness ride in the wilderness!"

Comment

Originally posted by AliKzam View Post
                I sort of think ToT is creepy on it's own. But then, I think HM is Halloween-themed on it's own, too.
                Would it be possible to do a Halloween-themed Monorail? Or a spooky DLRR? Or would that just be over-kill?
                Well Does HM need a Layout? No, but its a way to get more people to ride the ride and get people into DL, and since DCA needs more people in the park why not change one of the best rides at the park ToT.
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

What about reworking Fantasmic! so the villains win? It could be the same general idea (heck, the same show for the first 20 minutes), but just change the ending. The Twain would look pretty cool if it was completely filled with villains. They would have to do something during the day to get people to side with the villains (like just having them everywhere, and have practically no other characters out) so it wouldn't be so much of a shock, but I think it would be fun.

Comment

I know not many of you guys will be a big fan of this, but to go with the popularity of Pirates Of The Carribean and revamp the Sailing Ship Columbia to look like the Black Pearl. It would run around RoA during the day, but, at night, they turn on fog machines throughout RoA or on the ship itself and then lights shine on it in an eerie fashion. Columbia would just float in the middle of the River, looming over the coastline of New Orleans Square. I just think it would be a cool looking effect to see at night and it would be another way for Disney to capitalize on their ever successful Pirates Of The Carribean movies.

Comment

Originally posted by FerretAfros View Post
                      What about reworking Fantasmic! so the villains win? It could be the same general idea (heck, the same show for the first 20 minutes), but just change the ending. The Twain would look pretty cool if it was completely filled with villains. They would have to do something during the day to get people to side with the villains (like just having them everywhere, and have practically no other characters out) so it wouldn't be so much of a shock, but I think it would be fun.
                      I don't think the villains should "win," but they should sort of takeover, perhaps a la Nightmare Before Christmas before being defanged.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X