This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your Tomorrow look like?

Everyone remembers the great pre-1998 Tomorrowland. Clean lines, simplicity, lots of white, movement everywhere. And of course we know about the 1998 Tomorrowland, very much adopting futuristic design ideas from centuries past.
    Seeing now that the heinous Club Buzz stage area is being redesigned and going back to what appears to be the 1960s Rolly Crump design, which of course is great and still better than the Buzz thing, it got me thinking. Is that "Tomorrow"? What does the future look like? Does it still look as those 1960s Imagineers imagined? Should Tomorrowland slide back to what it was or should it go in a new direction. 1986 didn't end up looking quite as predicted, but what do MiceChatters envision 2086 to look like? What would your Tomorrowland design look like. Not in attractions so much but as in color, form, theme, and design, things like that.
    As for me, I'm not quite sure what it looks like. Maybe it could move back into older styles, maybe it could go space-age. I just hope it's not all stainless steel.

Re: What does your Tomorrow look like?

i envison tomorrowland being CHROME!!!! EVERYTHING EITHER CHROME OR WHITE! hahaha just kidding...tomorrow is always open to interpretation...i mean, look what happend to the Beasty Boys

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

cough.....future world....cough....
      - Horizonsfan

Comment

I still want to see some characters (not exactly Disney movie related) walking around to boost the enviroment. PUSH the Trash Can and friends!

Comment

Originally posted by demento57 View Post
          I still want to see some characters (not exactly Disney movie related)
          Oh you mean Pixar?
          - Horizonsfan

Comment

Yes, why doesn't Nemo walk around. Though I may have killed Flik a couple trips back.

Comment

Sorry, for me, my version of the future would look more like the 'hades' effect of Blade Runner. It's a world of industrial buildings and no love. Pipes run every where and the robots are built for functionality not interactivity.

I know it sounds bad, but it's not necessarily. The fact would be is that it escapes the retro future that's popped up and is do different from expectations, that the future would be shock--and a possibilty. And I would have more unique characters.

How's that for a possibility?

Peace,
              Roo
              husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
              Working...
              X