This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peoplemover to Fantasylanland? My Ideas

Ok, I have been thinking for a while and, while I have no idea of how pratical it would be, but I think they should extend the peoplemover into Fantasyland.

No, I don't want to destroy the themeing, but here is what I was thinking... either underground or via a themed bridge, change the track on the fantasy land side of the big lagoon to cross over into fantasyland behind storybook land and to the old skyway station. Then, reuse the fascade of the old skyway station as a second peoplemover station.

This would give back the transportation that was lost from the skybuckets, the peoplemover could be fairly easily conealed in such a way that it would be like people from the future peering in on the fantasy. You could provide views into the Fantasy land theatre, for instance.

If they had to go the bridge route, the could enclose it in a wooden style that would fit in with the bobsleads loading area, or the rest of Fantasy land.

Now, I don't really have any knowlege about the backstage area right there, but at least from Google Maps, it looks like it would be feasable.

On a compleatly different note, since you can't have the peoplemover look into Space Mountain any more without causing light-bleeding, perhaps a slow-moving section thoguht that whole building that is focused on the history of tomorrowland. That way, we could pay tribute to the past in a "museum" type atmosphere leaving full and clear the way to make the rest of the area looking toward the future.

Ok, enough of my ramblings for one post... your thoughts?
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

Re: Peoplemover to Fantasylanland? My Ideas

i like this...the peoplemover can be a dimensional thing and can take you to fantasyland...hmmm i dunno. Thoughts people!

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

[quote=bytemaster;983294]

On a compleatly different note, since you can't have the peoplemover look into Space Mountain any more without causing light-bleeding, perhaps a slow-moving section thoguht that whole building that is focused on the history of tomorrowland. quote]

Why couldn't it look into Space Mountain before? If Imagineers can't figure that out, then it's a sad sad day for Disney.

Comment

I've said this before and I'll say it again. They should replace the peoplemover with something more up-to-date and lightweight like the "packet switched" people mover at use at Microsoft's Redmond campus. (download and watch the 3 minute animation) If this idea were used to service several different sections of the park, it would not only be more exciting than the previous peoplemover, it would also help a little with congestion after parades and fireworks displays.

Along the lines of your idea, the theming of the new stations would have to match the lands they're in. Since the footprint of the track is small, I really believe this is doable as long as landscaping can cover parts of the track.

Comment

Those are cool. But the problem with having them all around the park is that it makes the land way to sterile! Remember it's a park where children of all ages can go and escape to become something they're not (like Tarzan or Huck Finn). Now, having a sperm shaped transport device running next to the Carosel might put a damped in little Sally's Princess Fantasy. But because people complain about walking? Not worth it.

Comment

One Word! SPACE!
            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X