This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smells of the Attractions

Does anyone notice that distinctive smell in Disneyland Attractions? Particularly the Matterhorn and Haunted Mansion.
    Matterhorn
    2.45%
    Haunted Mansion
    9.31%
    Indy
    15.69%
    POTC
    49.51%
    Big Thunder MTN.
    1.47%
    Splash MTN.
    11.27%
    All
    2.94%
    Other
    7.35%
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Re: Smells of the Attractions

Pirates, Definitely.

Comment

Indy has a musky-peachy smell. I think there was already a thread about this yesterday.....

Comment

Haunted Mansion just smells stale. I don't quite know how they manage that.
        Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

I have a very poor sense of smell, but I can smell the water on Splash. I can't smell much on the other rides.

Comment

Splash Mountain.God.. I love that smell!

:yea: I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!:yea:

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

Comment

POTC!

I love that smell!

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but on the Monsters Inc. ride, I got a really strong smell of ginger in the sushi scene. Did anyone else notice that?

Comment

Originally posted by LStu16 View Post
                  Maybe it's just me, but on the Monsters Inc. ride, I got a really strong smell of ginger in the sushi scene. Did anyone else notice that?
                  I have smelled that before. I love that they have started including scents in attractions. It makes Soarin' and the Chew-Chew train both a little better.
                  Check out my new Disney Blog here. What it lacks in quality it makes up with... Well, nothing I guess.

Comment

I love that moldy water smell of POTC and my wife likes the smell of the HM at the end of the ride.

Comment

The smells on the DL attractions are some of my strongest memories of the place. I remember i went to disneyland for the first time in 10 years when I turned 15, and I really didn't remember much about the place, but the first thing to come back to me was the smell of pirates and HM. I think pirates is my favorite smell followed closely by indy. All of fantasyland has a very distinct smell to me as well. I absolutely love how scent is such a main part of the environment in disneyland. To me it's one of the many things that sets it apart from other theme parks. Does anyone know how they make the musky smell in pirates?

Comment

Chlorine, hydraulic fluid mixed together = wonderful.

Comment

Mmmm skanky Carribean water! It's a love/hate kind of thing.

Comment

I just noticed the Indy Smell last night! Weird... and CLUBSDISCM... I LOOOVE you avatar!

-Lauryn

Comment

Pooh isn't on the list...

Comment

the smell around the moat...yegh
                                Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

PotC smells so awesome. The other one I notice is Jungle Cruise.
                                  -Jack :geek:
                                  Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

HM always smells musty! i cannot figure that out! it's kinda cool cuz it adds to the atmosphere

pirates smells like moldy water. not always a bad thing although it sometimes does get a little too strong

indy...umm...has an..."interesting" smell...not quite sure how to describe it!
                                    :love: :ghug:

In serious need of a Disneyland trip
                                    :captain: :ap: dMom

Check out my blog, Diary of a Disney Dork: http://diaryofadisneydork.blogspot.com/

Comment

My favorite smell is Indy, it has kind of a rubbery plaster smell.
                                      The HM also has a really cool scent.

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

Comment

Not many people know the secret to the smell in the HM queue. I just found out yesterday, it's a very clever tie-in to the features in the queue, and a VERY simple effect. Some people don't even think it's coming from the queue itself, I myself had noticed a certain smell, but thought it was coming from the train station until I learned the real reason yesterday. I wonder if anyone else ever noticed or knows the reason why... ^_^
                                        Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
                                        Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X