Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got ride evac'd on Splash Mountain last night (Pics! Illusion spoiler warning)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AliKzam
    replied
    Re: I got ride evac'd on Splash Mountain last night (Pics! Illusion spoiler warning)

You know, all this time I never noticed that little character heads were carved on the ends of the logs. I guess there are a few things I haven't noticed about this attraction. That's kind of cool, though. It's like a good book: you find something you didn't quite get the first time you read it. Thanks for the pics.

Leave a comment:

• socal05
    replied
    Re: I got ride evac'd on Splash Mountain last night (Pics! Illusion spoiler warning)

Originally posted by newmicer View Post
    I check micechat from time to time, but have never really felt the need to register or post anything, however this series was enough to make me want to register simply to get out my frustration...
    From time to time I read Micechat and think, "Damn - some do take it way to seriously." This is one of them...

R E L A X

First someone is upset because a picture is posted of two girls who's faces are blured and bodies are covered in darkness. If it was my mother and sister I couldn't tell you!

And then a "I had to register and post!" for this?

Thanks for the pics to the original poster.

Leave a comment:

• cookietron
    replied

That's funny, I got evac'd sometime in early August, and nobody said anything to me about taking pictures.
    We stopped right before the lift through the mill.

we walked up the mill lift, crossed over the bridge, then went around inside to the final lift, where we walked down and then out the back.

My friend took this one as we walked through the superstructure one last time before getting our vouchers.

Leave a comment:

• wokwrite
    replied

Originally posted by B52'S FAN View Post
    i WAS ONLY LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET STUCK ON HAUNTED MANISON ONCE IT WAS SOOOOOOOO COOL TO GO BACKSTAGE BUT THE EX-WIFE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I WAS SO EXCITED EVEN AFTER I EXPLAINED THAT THIS WAS SOMEPLACE 99% OF CUSTOMERS NEVER GET TO SEE
    Does this explain the "ex" status? Some people just don't get the excitement.

Leave a comment:

• figment1986
    replied

wow, this thread brought a lot of new people here...

Personally, I would take photos if possable, but only post those that are not backstage.. meaning if you dont normally see it, it's kept on the hard drive and not on the server. it's the fact you see something not many see is that makes people want to see the photos.

nice photos.

Leave a comment:

• B52'S FAN
    replied

i WAS ONLY LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET STUCK ON HAUNTED MANISON ONCE IT WAS SOOOOOOOO COOL TO GO BACKSTAGE BUT THE EX-WIFE COULD NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I WAS SO EXCITED EVEN AFTER I EXPLAINED THAT THIS WAS SOMEPLACE 99% OF CUSTOMERS NEVER GET TO SEE

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Sticky
    replied

While I work in Northern California, and have never had a ex-Disney employee as a client, my experience is that most similar companies with a very public face would prefer to settle out of court before allowing such a lawsuit to become a matter of public record.

Leave a comment:

• mrfantasmic
    replied

Oh gosh! It's Cynthia Harris... hide!

Leave a comment:

• hollywood1939
    replied

I have a question with this. Say you aren't backstage but walking along the track (or any other part that guests see anyway) with the lights on. Can you take pictures then?

Leave a comment:

• newmicer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• wokwrite
    replied

We got evac'd from Matterhorn on Labor Day. My kids especially loved it. They would have jumped up and down, if not for the seat belts. We got to walk through the middle of the mountain, and out the door that you can see just before your bobsled goes in. The CM's answere our questions about the basketball half court... No pics (the latch broke anyway - we lost all of the pictures from that day, including "steering" the Mark Twain for my son's birthday). Earlier in the day, Toad was shut down, because some kids thought they left something in the car, ran up to look, ran back a few cars to tell mom... timing out the sensors. We were next in line, so we got to watch the whole start up process on the monitors. It took about 20 minutes to get it up and running again. It was a great day!

Leave a comment:

• Silverado
    replied

I must say that the pics are interesting. However, I noted too your comment that you had attempted to shoot a pic of the cast member who was helping you. I know a former cast mamber at Disneyland who, under very similar circumstances, lost their job because they "allowed" backstage pics to be distributed by a guest - even though the cast member had no idea the pics were being taken.

As a long time AP holder, I know that cast members on other attractions ask that pics not be taken when an attraction breaks down and an evac is required. I can only assume the same occured here. As the image of the cast member is blurry I hope for his sake no action is taken. Remember, a lot of these folks are just kids trying to work their way through school. If this unfortunate cast member were to lose his job too due to your indescretion and blatent disregard for the rules, I certainly hope the benefit was worth the cost. Is posting a picture of a bunch of light bulbs really worth a kids job?

Leave a comment:

• SaraNoH
    replied

Originally posted by DarthBrian View Post
    I understand where you're coming from and I did feel kinda guilty posting the picture. But I wanted to post a picture of the Cast Member helping us out and that's the best one I had. So in order to assuage my guilty conscience I did the best thing I could think of and had someone mosaic out their faces.

If you still think it's in bad taste, I can remove that picture.

However, at 800x600 you really can't see them anyway. So I dunno. What do you think?

As far as I know, that's always been there. But I'm not the best expert on that ride.

One thing I did notice, which is most likely common knowledge here, but the riverboat at the end of the ride says "Song of the South" on it. I had no idea that was there before.
    It is up to you to remove the pic, but thank you for being respectful of my opinion .

Leave a comment:

• Gudrun
    replied

Originally posted by DarthBrian View Post
    I understand where you're coming from and I did feel kinda guilty posting the picture. But I wanted to post a picture of the Cast Member helping us out and that's the best one I had. So in order to assuage my guilty conscience I did the best thing I could think of and had someone mosaic out their faces.
    Well, you have the right to photograph someone in a public place, but publishing it without permission can cause problems. Seeing as their faces are blurred and you're not using it for profit, I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Although it's completely understandable that others disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Gudrun
    replied

Ace! Thanks for sharing!

I got evacuated on Splash earlier this year, right before the drop with all the possums above it... it was pretty awesome! My pictures didn't come out because I was too nervous to use my flash, but a bunch of other kids were using cell phone cameras and the CM seemed too flustered to care.

Anyway. Lucky you!

Leave a comment:

• DarthBrian
    replied

Originally posted by SaraNoH View Post
    I think it is in poor taste to show pics of girls or guys or whomever that you blur the faces of yet still post them. I dunno. If people are obviously bothered that you are taking their picture, I think it would be more "respectful of their feelings" to not post them at all.

Just my .02.

If you still think it's in bad taste, I can remove that picture.

However, at 800x600 you really can't see them anyway. So I dunno. What do you think?

Originally posted by AliKzam View Post
    DarthBrian, I noticed in the last pic that there's a jack-o-lantern man. Has that always been there, or did they decorate Splash for Halloween, too?

As far as I know, that's always been there. But I'm not the best expert on that ride.

One thing I did notice, which is most likely common knowledge here, but the riverboat at the end of the ride says "Song of the South" on it. I had no idea that was there before.

Leave a comment:

• jacksladysparrow
    replied

the jack-o-lantern has always been there

Leave a comment:

• AliKzam
    replied

DarthBrian, I noticed in the last pic that there's a jack-o-lantern man. Has that always been there, or did they decorate Splash for Halloween, too?

Leave a comment:

• JerrodDRagon
    replied

(sorry water was on the Camra)

(those 2 pic's where from the outside of the ride when it was closed)

Yeah I wish I could have had more but that CM was being Real mean and said she would take my camra away (while on BTM they let me FILM inside the Cave)

Leave a comment:

• MissChristine
    replied

Great pictures by the way! I just love that Brer Bear is the guardian of the lightbulbs! :lol:

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X