X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishbulb's Trip Report 10/01/06

THESE GUYS WON THE RALLY OKAY!?!?!?

Anyway. Today was truly something else. For months I had planed on doing nothing but parking my butt in front of the T.V. doing NOTHING else but soaking in the mindless entertainment from T.V. after the events last night. But we received a call from our wonderful friends KevvyBaby and GusGus (Susan) inviting us to a very very special lunch at none other than Club 33! THE ONE THING! THE ONE THING that would pull me from my restorative hiding place was dangled in front of me. Did I pass on it? HECK NO! Lunch at 2:30? Yup. We'll be there.

Dustysage and I took out time getting ready and, ironically, we showed up to the park on time for the noon meet.

The unreal Stoller line for the trams

Trams were BACKED UP but we braved it. After two tram loads we were on our way.

The ticket booths were packed

Lines to get into the park were mild and we made it in the gates.

I had not had any coffee yet and my head was about to explode. With 10 min to spare Dusty left me at the bakery and headed on to the hub. My GOD this place is disorganized.

THE MEET! AND we were ON TIME.

BandofGypsies and family

DisneylandFanAZ and his wonderful family

It was her first meet everyone!

SocalJoeyB gets personal

SAM

Dustysage, Fishbulb, and DCADude

Fishbulb gets the Fishbulb treatment

MCow1 and his lady

Unfortunately we could not join the group for Lunch as we had rezies for 2:00 at C33 so we bid them farewell. Sam, not that hungry joined us on our trek over to Haunted Mansion Holiday for Fast Passes. Yipes this place is crazy.

The line for a pic with Jack Sparrow was silly

Well, Sam had Fast Passes for right then too so he took off and rode HMH and Dusty and I headed over to bum around the Disney Gallery to kill time.

I took a minute to sit a spell in the courtyard just sat to relax. Dusty found me and, after hanging up his phone, told me that our hosts, KevyBaby and GusGus were just leaving their house and that our lunch was not until 2:30. We had a full hour to kill.

We decided to take on one of the most frightening rides in the park...

Matted grass in the Pooh Queue

Getting into our vehicle we turned around and...

"WE RODE POOH!" I said after getting off of the ride. "Hey Sam, Wanna do SIngle rider on Splash?" "Sure!" Sam replied and we headed off, leaving Dusty in the Pooh shop. LOL Pooh shop.

It's back!

Then after that we decided to ride on the ol' Jungle Cruise.

Too much fun. This time it really was goodbye to Sam as we prepared to meet our friends for my FIRST trip into the hallowed grounds of Club 33.

While waiting we ran into the old hub group again.

Then it was time.

"To Walt!"

A hidden Mickey made with chocholate
    syrup on the edge of our dessert plate

The fabled light fixtures with the microphones in the middle

The meal? EXQUISITE. The cold bufffet? Wonderful. The champagne? Magical. The cast members here truly made my first visit to CLub 33 a memorable one. My water glass or glass of tea were NEVER less than 3/4 full. Each part of the meal, from the Entree to the desserts were intoxicatingly delicious.

Meeting MIckey in C33 made tears kind of come up as it meant just so much to me. I had wanted to visit this place since I was 7 years old. And now Walt wasn't there to welcome me, but MIckey was. Yeah I am a Disney freak, but I LOVE IT.

Well it did have to end. But not before we were given free roam over the entire restaurant! And yes ladies, I SAW THE LADIES RESTROOM!

kiss kiss

After our prolonged goodbye we gave KevyBaby and GusGus our FastPasses for HMH and raced through Frontierland, and down Main Street to finally head home and get rest. Then we saw someone...

PromoMan and his gal

Kids began lining up to tell Santa what they wanted

Santa said he might make a meet at the hub before Christmas.

And now I bid you farewell. It was one amazing trip. I got to go to Club 33 and met Santa Claus. WAY TOO COOL

THE END!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

Re: Fishbulb's Trip Report 10/01/06

C33? Lucky!!!
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

2 Questions:

What was the bread at Club 33 like? I looks good. Was it a Rosemary bread like they used to have @ BB?

And are those Club 33 ears?!!!!

Comment

Very special. Couldn't happen to nicer guys. Thanks for sharing!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa! :angel:

Comment

Wow! Looks like you had a wonderful time today! I'm surprised you guys were awake enough to go!
          MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

Great pics, like always. Looks like you really enjoyed 33.
            Mike

Comment

so cool that you got to enjoy Club 33!

and with three of the most awesome people on the planet! plus Mickey!!

would you agree that Disneyland is Where Dreams Come True?

please tell kevy, gusgus and dusty hello.

thank you so much for sharing.

(I rested today, in your honor.):sleep:

and yes, those are indeed Club 33 ears. :-)
              Last edited by MinionLumbo; 10-01-2006, 08:59 PM. Reason: i goofed
              sigpic

Comment

Fishbulb..I love your reports...thank you.

I'm so glad you got to go to Club 33, it sounds like it was a trueoy magical moment for you

:squeeze: you make things so magical for so many, I'm glad you got your magic too...
                procrastibating

Comment

Awesome report Fishbulb!!! I'm so excited for you that your dream came true!

Now you can rest... thanks for taking a few moments out, when you could have been watching TV, to let us in on your day. You're the best!
                  I'm addicted and I don't care!!! :yea:

Comment

What a nice reward for all the hard work you guys did! Thanks for the report.
                    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbulb View Post

Meeting MIckey in C33 made tears kind of come up as it meant just so much to me. I had wanted to visit this place since I was 7 years old. And now Walt wasn't there to welcome me, but MIckey was. Yeah I am a Disney freak, but I LOVE IT.
                      Ok, this got me emotional Fishbulb..wow. I'm SO happy that you got your dream.

I made it back to California for good and I am going to do my very very best to make it to the 8th hub meet so I can finally meet everyone.

Ta Da!

Comment

that is such a nice pic of the two of you in Club 33. Glad to hear you guys had a fabulous day today after the madness of yesterday.
                        kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

Glad you had such a great time! Couldn't quite get myself to the meet today. Needed to rest.:lol: Great pics and report as usual! Glad you got to meet PromoMan!
                          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
                          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
                          I bring the magic!!!
                          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
                          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
                          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Wow!!!! That is like the most coolest thing ever!!! Thank you so much for sharing this special event in your life with the rest of us!!! Thats so wonderful that you were able to have lunch there!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Is it just me or do others think it's totally ironic that the Pooh ride features a vehicle that resembles a hollowed-out turd?

Sorry for the potty humor today, but I couldn't resist mentioning this in light of Fishbulb's Pooh pics.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Hey Fishbulb it was great to finally meet you, Dusty and everyone else today. I am so glad to hear you had an awesome time at Club 33 (and wow, you saw the ladies restroom )

Comment

looks like you guys had a lots of fun that day .
                                  HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

lucky...
                                    (hmm... lets see... i wonder... any one left on staff in california who has yet to win there way in there?? still wish WDW had one..)

great photos...

Comment

You know you never really know who you will meet at Disneyland.
                                      My wife Liz and I enjoyed meeting Fishbulb & Dustysage today.
                                      What a thrill to hear are you Promo-Man then turning around and seeing two great guys, hugs all-around then the kids and parents notice that Santa is there so we had a little bit of line up to tell Santa what they want.
                                      So who is that guy on the left?
                                      Why it's Santa! Ho, ho, ho
                                      http://www.npworkshop.com
                                      Or could it be Promo-Man?
                                      http://www.silentsalesmen.com

Comment

Thanks for the awesome report! Your dream finally came true on the first day of "The Year of a Million Dreams!"

Happiest Memories on Earth!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X