This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gumball Rally Stats?

Wow!! Looks like everyone hada a great time at The Rally and Quest and Dessert. I couldn't make it (boo hoo) but I'm still curious about the results.

If there is a thread with the stats I didn't see it, (sorry if I missed it)

Congrats to all the winners of both events, and win, place show or whatnot, or just competing, sounds like all had a great time!

But, what were the winning stats for The Rally?

How many rides and attractions?
    How long?
    Which rides and attractions?

It would be neat to see stats for win, place and show.

Thanks,

[email protected]

ANdy

ADMIN NOTE:
    Official Results Thread: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39882
    Last edited by Dustysage; 10-02-2006, 10:53 PM.
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Re: Gumball Rally Stats?

Dusty did state that the info on the results will be available sometime this week online at the Dessert Party.

A LOT of work happened on Saturday, and there was VERY little time between the turn in time and the awards ceremony.

But you should see info in the next few days.....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
      Dusty did state that the info on the results will be available sometime this week online at the Dessert Party.

A LOT of work happened on Saturday, and there was VERY little time between the turn in time and the awards ceremony.

But you should see info in the next few days.....

Thanks, I wasn't at the desert party, so I did not know. Looking forward to it. Thanks,

[email protected]

Andy
      -

Boom!

Comment

I know people are dying of curiosity, so I'll answer as best as I can. I know I'd be curious too.

Originally posted by CUatDL View Post
        But, what were the winning stats for The Rally?

How long?

It would be neat to see stats for win, place and show.
        DPC won, finishing at 7:32pm.
        A single rider team (sorry, don't remember the name) finished second at 7:33pm.
        I don't remember anything about the third place team.

How many rides and attractions?

Which rides and attractions?
        Alice in Wonderland
        Astro Orbitor
        Autopia
        Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
        Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
        Casey Jr. Circus Train
        Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes or Mark Twain Riverboat or Sailing Ship Columbia
        Disneyland Railroad
        Dumbo the Flying Elephant
        Enchanted Tiki Room
        Fire Engine or Horse-Drawn Streetcars or Horseless Carriage or Omnibus
        Frontierland Shootin' Exposition
        Gadget's Go Coaster
        Haunted Mansion
        Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
        Indiana Jones Adventure
        Innoventions
        it's a small world
        Jungle Cruise
        King Arthur Carrousel
        Mad Tea Party
        Main Street Cinema
        Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
        Peter Pan's Flight
        Pinocchio's Daring Journey
        Pirates of the Caribbean
        Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
        Snow White's Scary Adventures
        Space Mountain
        Splash Mountain (single rider)
        Star Tours
        Storybook Land Canal Boats
        Tarzan's Treehouse
        The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
        Tom Sawyer Island

I didn't expect it when they announced in the morning that the Splash Mountain single rider line was allowed, but it makes perfect sense. That leveled the playing field between single person and multi person teams.

I also didn't expect that we would only have to ride just one Main Street Vehicle and just one Rivers of America vessel. Since many of us finished with time to spare, they'll probably make people ride all of them next year.

We had a very nice booklet of questions to answer about each ride/attraction as proof that we rode it. Questions like "What color is the scarf of such and such pirate in such and such scene?" There were extra questions for some rides so there were more than 35 questions. Different questions were worth different points, but it didn't really matter because many of us successfully rode everything.

By the way, we had to ride the Disneyland Railroad all the way around because there were questions about each segment.

There were a bunch of spotters around the park to make sure we didn't run, team members didn't separate, etc. When we checked in at the finish line, my wife happened to notice that they did have notes about a few teams that broke the rules (probably accidentally). Supposedly, points were deducted for breaking the rules.

Lloyd

Comment

WOW!

Sounds like everyone had a great time! From that we also learned that it is possible to ride all the rides one day. I really didn't think it would be possible.

Hmmm... It really sounds like the advantage could go to single rider teams. He who travels alone travels fastest, but maybe not.

Thanks for the info. It also looks like some fun "Rally trip reports" might be on the horizon.

[email protected]

Andy
          -

Boom!

Comment

Originally posted by ltleelim View Post
            I don't remember anything about the third place team.
            Third place was "Ends of de URT", with the fabulous Chernabog and his friend the lurker (who told me he would be signing up as Zipper).

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
            Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Comment

What about the Indy single rider? They don't promote it but I've seen people do it before.
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

as Darkbeer stated, official results should be posted sometime this week once everyone has recovered fully!

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by hollywood1939 View Post
                  What about the Indy single rider? They don't promote it but I've seen people do it before.
                  ***Is a current Indy castmember***
                  We dont promote it and it hasnt been done for over a year. The only exceptions that I know of are rider switches or a really exceptional sob story. Granted it still may happen as each CM is different but there it is largely agreed that we dont do single rider.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen13Ghost View Post
                    ***Is a current Indy castmember***
                    We dont promote it and it hasnt been done for over a year. The only exceptions that I know of are rider switches or a really exceptional sob story. Granted it still may happen as each CM is different but there it is largely agreed that we dont do single rider.
                    Question: What are rider switches?

Comment

Rider Switch Passes are passes that CMs give out at attractions that have a height requirement. In the event that a child in the party does not meet the minimum requirement, they are given a pass so that one person waits with the child while the rest of the party rides. When the party returns, the person who waited is allowed to take one person with them through an alternate enterance (Fasspass Queue at Indy) so they can also ride the attraction.

Comment

I know this is off topic but welcome Owen! I am sure I have probably seen you working indy a few times I go on it like 4 times a week. (back to topic) I was a little bumed I had to work and could not do this event but next time I will!
                        The earth is round.... or so i've found.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                          I know this is off topic but welcome Owen! I am sure I have probably seen you working indy a few times I go on it like 4 times a week.
                          Also :ot: but Indy is my favorite ride at Disneyland. Second at DLR behind ToT of course.

Comment

I wish I could of been there.

Once I found out that I couldn't be there ... I tried my own rally on some random saturday in late Augest, I was able to get everything done by around 8:20.. good to see that I am not too far off (an hour, I could shave that off with practice!)

maybe next year!

Hope everyone had fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              I know this is off topic but welcome Owen! I am sure I have probably seen you working indy a few times I go on it like 4 times a week. (back to topic)
                              I second that. Owen defended my coolness when another Indy CM had an issue with my whining - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPM8hhuTIYk

I :love: you guys so much! I wish I could work at the park
                              Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                                Third place was "Ends of de URT", with the fabulous Chernabog and his friend the lurker (who told me he would be signing up as Zipper).
                                Haha yup the third place team was my friend Nick and I ... he is joining us on the AIDS Walk too.

We finished right around 8:00 I think.

There WERE teams that finished before us -- but they apparently either missed a ride (i.e. the Main Street Vehicles were a big one that people missed) or they totally screwed up on some questions. Apparently the end "score" was a combination of time and number of rides/points done (there were 101 total points for the Rally).

Really, we were surprised that we placed, since we chatted with a team that finished before us and couldnt for the life of them figure out what they goofed up on.
                                I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)
                                sigpic

Founding Member of the BA!

Comment

Originally posted by Chernabog View Post
                                  Haha yup the third place team was my friend Nick and I ... he is joining us on the AIDS Walk too.

We finished right around 8:00 I think.

There WERE teams that finished before us -- but they apparently either missed a ride (i.e. the Main Street Vehicles were a big one that people missed) or they totally screwed up on some questions. Apparently the end "score" was a combination of time and number of rides/points done (there were 101 total points for the Rally).

Really, we were surprised that we placed, since we chatted with a team that finished before us and couldnt for the life of them figure out what they goofed up on.
                                  Lol hey, it's me Pizza from Team CoolPizza, remember? I'm one of those teams you're talking about who missed the Main Street Vehicles, but we did finish around 7:40. I remember talking to you two on Dumbo at around 7:30... oh memories!

Comment

ADMIN NOTE:
                                    Official Results Thread: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39882
                                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                                    Save

Comment

I'm one of those teams you're talking about who missed the Main Street Vehicles, but we did finish around 7:40.
                                      pizzamousechips, are you alright? You seem to be taking it rather well, or are you feeling the agony of defeat? I admire you even for getting that close so I hope it doesn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by nemopoppins View Post
                                        pizzamousechips, are you alright? You seem to be taking it rather well, or are you feeling the agony of defeat? I admire you even for getting that close so I hope it doesn't hurt.
                                        Oh thanks for the concern, it truly does hurt! It set in around 3:30 when we got to Main Street and were denied the ride! I knew right then and there we'd lose even with a stellar time, but we still kept going!

My teammate is taking it worse than me, with non-stop rants about how we could've placed, but in the end we're both just happy to have the experience. Plus, we're in a pretty good position to come back next year and ACTUALLY place.

So yeah, it does hurt (especially seeing those awesome prizes), but what's the use in complaining? We had fun, and we'll be back. :ccool:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X