This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05.05.05 Support Group

I've decided to start a support group for those of us who, for some cruel twist of fate, cannot be at Disneyland today for the 50th kickoff. I know that I have been deeply scarred by this myself and it may take years of intensive therapy for me to recover.
    We can only hope that with time our wounds will heal and we may be able to again enjoy that happiest of places on earth...

As for me, I'll be there on 07.17.05, the REAL anniversary! So, eat your hearts out
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

I've got law school finals from the 13th-20th, and as much as I'd love to spend a day up there, I just can't afford it right now. Maybe sometime next week if they're open late I can drag myself out there to see the fireworks show, but I have to hit the books hard this week, so that has to take precedent. But I'll be sure to be there all day the 23rd...haha already made that clear to everyone I know

And in a bigger cruel twist of fate, I realized that July 17th is during the Comic-Con...so looks like I'll miss that day by a week as well

Comment

i wont be able to make it either day ... I am so sad... but that is okay... I decided that I am going to buy an annual pass while I am in California and then I can go whenever I am down there... it is not that far from my home in San Diego... I wish that I could be there and see all of you in the 50s attire and such... < cries >... meh... oh well...

AT DISNEYLAND JUNE 7, 11-12, and 18-19 & AUGUST 15-19
      -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
      Shines in the night for you
      To tell you that the dreams you plan
      Really can come true

Comment

Thank you! Thank You!

I was feeling so depressed! Thank God there is a group of us who can get us through today!

Comment

I'm going to try to keep myself busy today so that I don't think about what I'm missing :-P I probably won't make it to DL until sometime this fall, but watching and hearing about everything that's been going on is making me excited.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThunder
            As for me, I'll be there on 07.17.05, the REAL anniversary! So, eat your hearts out
            Exactly! That's when I'll be there too. I'll see you then.

Comment

I am a mere 248.08 miles away from DL, and yet I won't be able to make it until NOVEMBER!

I think I win this sad, little contest. :-(

Comment

It is out 10th anniversary - we go to DL every year on 5/5. we moved to Scottsdale and can't make it this year.

Comment

It sucks not beening able to be their. To bad i didn't live closer. I gotta keep thinkg going in july going in july. My mom and nephew are going with us this time so it will awsome to see my nephews face when he see's everything for the first time.

Comment

Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

That's what I keep telling myself.
                      ------------------
                      DLR '84, 85, 96, 02, 05, 06x2, 07x2, 08x2, 09, 10, 11; WDW '92, 98, 00, 06, 08, 10; DLP '02; TDR '07

Hey, check out my podcast!
                      http://www.comedy4cast.com

Comment

what I want to know is.... how packed was DCA yesterday??? I would have loved to see the looks on families faces when they were told that DL was closed and had to go to DCA instead :-P

Comment

if they didnt think to go online and see if it was open then they deserve it
                          -Miss Wendy Lynn

The second star to the right
                          Shines in the night for you
                          To tell you that the dreams you plan
                          Really can come true

Comment

Originally posted by Whatever
                            It is out 10th anniversary - we go to DL every year on 5/5. we moved to Scottsdale and can't make it this year.
                            Aw, May 5th is your anniversary? It's my parent's anniversary and their 32nd today! That remind me, I need to make a phone call..

Comment

Bad weather!

I read from a post on mouseplanet that it is drizzling and packed today. That made be feel better. I love Disneyland when it is sunny (which it is most of the time). It is also packed with people. With the rain even walking around looking at things would not be pleasent.

Comment

I couldn't get out of work today, so I won't be able to go either And I'm only a 40 minute drive away in Los Angeles. But I'll be going in two weeks on the 19th, so hopefully it will be a little less crowded. Anyone else going that day?

Comment

Hello, My name is Zed, and I'm not at Disneyland.

I was going to go, but I live in Santa Clarita and it's a pretty far drive and I don't like to drive in the rain. Plus I have to pick my kid up from Day Care at 5. (My wife is out of town)

But yeah, from what I read at MP I'm sorta glad I'm not there. But I'm still bummed at the same time.
                                  Last edited by ZedIzDead; 05-05-2005, 12:29 PM.

Comment

I have to live my 05/05/05 Disneyland day vicariously through those that are there. It's nice that there's a little support group for those of use unable to make it.

Comment

It's official. I'm glad I'm not there.

From MP:

Insane.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedIzDead
                                        It's official. I'm glad I'm not there.

From MP:

Insane.
                                        I agree.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer