Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a Folding Chair while in line

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Using a Folding Chair while in line

    Taking my Mom to the resort next week. She has a bit of a back problem, not enough to get a wheelchair. She mainly has issues standing still for long periods.
    I had an idea to get a folding tripod stool like this for her to sit in while lines aren't moving.
    Has anyone else experimented with anything like this?

    Also is there any tram running from the DL hotel while the monorail is out?

    Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

    Most lines tend to move steadily. so it doesn't sound too practical.

    Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

    sigpic

    You've read it; you can't unread it!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

      I also have trouble standing long, or short. and I know I am in for a real problem if the lines are real big. think about a chair for her

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

        Originally posted by ralfrick View Post
        Most lines tend to move steadily. so it doesn't sound too practical.

        Cheers.
        I'm thinking of lines such as Indy and Space where they'll let a group of people into the inside line every once in a while. You'll move a little bit and then wait a few minutes.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

          The folding chair sounds like a good idea. But what about when you have to go on the ride. It there somewhere you can put it or is it small enough
          that they let you take on with you
          Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
          Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

            Originally posted by I_luv_Disney View Post
            The folding chair sounds like a good idea. But what about when you have to go on the ride. It there somewhere you can put it or is it small enough
            that they let you take on with you
            The one I linked above folds to about 24". I was thinking I could strap it to my backpack.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

              Just got to City Hall, they will give you a pass to use an alt enterence with no wait.

              My aunt can't stand sill for long periods of time, this pass allowed us to do disneyland without haveing to force her to rest.



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                i have seen people do this , with reall small folding stools , lines like Toad that never seem to move , the only problem i could forsee it what to do with it on say TheMatterhorn or Cali Screamin , or SplashMountain... actually most rides might be a problem.. i dont know... infact this post probly is'nt much help at all..

                My Maleficent tattoo


                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                  How about a wheelchair?
                  It worked for my mom and she was very happy!
                  sigpic

                  This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                    Originally posted by Druggas View Post
                    How about a wheelchair?
                    It worked for my mom and she was very happy!
                    Well walking around is no problem for her. It's only a problem to stand around for about 10 mins or longer. We were trying to avoid a wheelchair if it wasn't absolutely neccessary.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                      I usually lean on things or sit on the rails. I don't think there would be enough room for people to put chairs like that down in the line anyway .

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                        Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        Taking my Mom to the resort next week. She has a bit of a back problem, not enough to get a wheelchair. She mainly has issues standing still for long periods.
                        I had an idea to get a folding tripod stool like this for her to sit in while lines aren't moving.
                        Has anyone else experimented with anything like this?

                        Also is there any tram running from the DL hotel while the monorail is out?

                        Thanks!
                        We actually tried bringing something like that with us once, and they stopped us at the security area and we had to return it to the hotel.

                        No, there is no tram from the hotel to the front gate while the monorail is out.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                          I think this will actually be a not-so-bad idea. There was actually a guy in fronnt of us carrying this exact same chair and it worked great! There are some lines that just dont move for a little while but once you do move, you really get gonig e.g. Indiana Jones, Pirates, the whole mountain range especially. I think its a good idea.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                            You might consider one of those walkers with a built in seat.I doubt they would tell your mom take it back,and crawl around DL.You should still be able to use the wheel chair access to rides.I doubt anyone with back problems would get on screamin' or Splash Mtn.

                            Comment


                            • #15

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                                Ive brought a cane with a seat to the park. But you guys could just go up the exit if she has a back problem.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                                  I like the walker with the seat idea. She could get one with a little basket on it to store some stuff and they'd let her us it as a back of the line pass on some rides (i'm thinking).

                                  Here's a link to eBay http://search.ebay.com/walker-with-seat_W0QQfromZR41

                                  To live would be an awfully big adventure.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                                    Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                                    Ive brought a cane with a seat to the park. But you guys could just go up the exit if she has a back problem.
                                    Is this kosher without being in a wheelchair or something similar? I've never heard of doing this on foot.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                                      Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                      Is this kosher without being in a wheelchair or something similar? I've never heard of doing this on foot.
                                      Id go to City Hall and ask. The worst they can say is no, and then you have your little chair thing she can use.
                                      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Using a Folding Chair while in line

                                        Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                                        Well walking around is no problem for her. It's only a problem to stand around for about 10 mins or longer. We were trying to avoid a wheelchair if it wasn't absolutely neccessary.
                                        If that's the case, than by arriving at opening and using FP wisely, you should rarely, if ever, wait that long. I can only think of a few times we waited more than 10 minutes for any attractions on a 5 day trip in August that included the Bat's Day/first non-blackout SoCal AP day in 6 weeks weekend. Once each on Pirates and Monsters which move steadily. Once each in the ToT boiler room, which was unusual compared to the rest of the trip, and the Sun Wheel. The tripod chair could have been used for both of those. It was probably about that long to get into Innoventions, and the chair could've helped there, but waiting until the last moment to get on the platform would've cut some time, too. Maybe stick it in a locker, and retrieve it only if needed.

                                        Cheers.
                                        Remember
                                        What the dormouse said
                                        Feed your head!

                                        sigpic

                                        You've read it; you can't unread it!

                                        Comment

                                        Get Away Today Footer

                                        Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X